Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ONI" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 7:48pm

New Class Level 10 Weapon Variants in CTE

A new variant for each of the Level 10 weapons was added to CTE recently.

Assault Hellriegel 1915 Defensive

• Is now equipped with a 120 magazine round drum and bipod. Allowing it to be used as a more stationary weapon thanks to the bipod.
  • Unlock requirements: 300 kills with the Hellriegel 1915 Factory and 25 kills with AT Mines.

Medic Selbstlader 1906 Sniper

• This version comes with a sniper scope and a bipod allowing the weapon to be more accurate at longer ranges.
  • Unlock requirements: 300 kills with Selbstlader and 25 kills with the rifle grenade.

Support Huot Automatic Optical

• This variant includes improved sights and a foregrip. Allowing the gun to be used more for of a run and gun style combat and offering greater control over recoil.
  • Unlock requirements: 300 kills with the Low Weight variant and 25 kills with Limpet Charges.

Scout Martini-Henry Sniper

• The already popular and very powerful Martini-Henry is receiving a sniper variant with a long-range scope and a bipod. Allowing the weapon to be much more effective at longer ranges thanks to the scope.
  • Unlock requirements: 300 kills with the Infantry variant and 25 kills with the bayonet charge.

Seems like they're all getting some kind of sight attachment plus a bipod or foregrip. Sounds nice.

Except that I'm hearing that the new 120 round mag, bipod-equipped, scope-bearing Hellriegel is an absolute monster. As if the gun wasn't versatile enough, it's now able to compete against LMG's at long ranges.

Thoughts?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,592)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 7:56pm

Pretty good options, I myself have been waiting for the two sniper variants and I am rather curious about the Hellriegel, too. The Ribeyrolles works quite well with the bipod, but it is situational. With the high ROF the Hellriegel can shine in closer combat for trenches and has a large enough magazine to be usable at longer ranges as well.

The optical is a bit of a two-sided coin. The factory version had no visual recoil or misalignment whatsoever, but the RDS in this game wobble around like crazy diminishing all the accuracy bonuses and moving while shooting is a rather futile thing.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,307)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:34pm

All but the Huot seem like they were made to be troll tier.

The Martini-Henry is a sniper variant for the worst long-range BA. A carbine variant would have been better (and it existed IRL).

The 1906 sniper is a 5 round SLR with a bipod. That's an oxymoron if anything, the 5 rounders require good positioning, use of cover and short exposure times to excel, but we got a variant that forces the user to be stationary and lengthens TTK by adding overhead time before you can fire through the bipod deploy animation. Bipodding down with only five rounds to throw down-range? Lel. Couldn't we just get an optical instead?

The Hellriegel is an assault weapon that sucks on the move. Sure, you've got MANY BULLIT, but that won't do you much good when they either miss when off the bipod or you get domed when plopping down the bipod and trying to outsnipe actual long-range guns with your SMG. Why not a Trench or an actual Factory variant?

Sure, the variants are interesting, and likely fun to use, but to me it seems like DICE tried to check two boxes simultaneously:

[x] "Appease players begging for level 10 variants."
[x] "Add more troll weapons than the Kolibri."

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that DICE are stupid (rule 3), but that they wasted an opportunity to give us good and balanced weapons and instead gave us more troll weapons, which no-one asked for.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:44pm

the 1906 variant shuld have been marksman, not sniper... i wonder why dice made that choice? same for the martini henry, an optical or trench variant would have made a lot more sense, sniper was the only variant they shouldn't have used for the martini.

on theother hand, the hout is ok and the hellriegel while probably being inaccurate it is accurate(?) to history for the mag and anyway fun.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,592)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:45pm

Levelcap made a rather nice video about them showing them off. They all look rather usable. Personally I do not see the issue with any of these weapons, bar the atrocious unlock requirements. The Selbstlader sniper variant is like the .35 Marksman, and I had an awesome time with that one.

The Martini Henry iron sights were really awful for me so I think a scope is a nice addition. The bipods on these are just a gimmick, so why not? It is not like we have a lot of other underbarrel attachments.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 10:27pm

The Luger is by far the one I want most. A proper ranged SLR, something that can really work at (counter) sniper ranges has been lacking. I'm not really sure I get the Bipod complaints, you just go prone or stand/crouch by cover, we're not dealing with BF4 Bipods here. Pop in, blast some poor guy with 3-5 rounds, move and reload immediately. Having a Bipod doesn't mean you're supposed to roleplay a turret.

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 11:55pm

Fun fact: While using the Huot Optic, the Solider did not use the foregrip at all... His left hand is still holding the drum mag..... Wonder how the benefit come.... DICE plz

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Friday, March 24th 2017, 1:26am

Couldn't we just get an optical instead?

The 1906 we have right now is the Optical variant. It just doesn't have a Galilean sight.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,307)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:02am

Couldn't we just get an optical instead?

The 1906 we have right now is the Optical variant. It just doesn't have a Galilean sight.
I should have been clearer. I meant that it would have been better if the "Factory" stayed as a Factory and that we got an "Optic" with an actual optic.

In my other post about this I was more specific.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(380)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:39am

I hope this tells us DICE is willing to add more variants to existing weapons, they could start with the Ribeyrolles and Sjogren Inertial but the Lebel could do with a marksman variant and the Chauchat is just begging for a trench variant.

Also since they have given the Ribeyrolles Factory a bipod what would you guys think of giving all factory weapons bipods?
It would bring more people over to factory variants like what happened for Low Weight LMGs and make them less of a boring variant.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.