Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, March 24th 2017, 11:27pm

Well, looks like I heard misinformation before. This was during BF3 though and I just took it for granted. Anyway, thanks for correcting my mistake.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, March 24th 2017, 11:33pm

There isn't much in the way of a standardized term. The original and probably most straightforward is Machine Rifle (and definitely the most appropriate for WWI), and then the M27 specifically got the IAR tag (the US military likes to make up their own acronym tags for individual weapons, like EBR, SAW, etc), while the Brits use Light Support Weapon (LSW) for the L86.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, March 25th 2017, 12:06am

There isn't much in the way of a standardized term. The original and probably most straightforward is Machine Rifle (and definitely the most appropriate for WWI), and then the M27 specifically got the IAR tag (the US military likes to make up their own acronym tags for individual weapons, like EBR, SAW, etc), while the Brits use Light Support Weapon (LSW) for the L86.
Not really. US infantry fireteams distingush between the "rifleman", and the "automatic rifleman". The latter of which generally carries a volume-of fire weapon, ie an LMG.

The IAR is just mean to replace a true LMG (in a doctrinally distinct way) in the automatic rifleman role for marine fireteams, and is thus called an Infantry Automatic Rifle. The M249 is classified as an LMG now, not the SAW.

LSW bears its name because it too is a fireteam level support-ish weapon that isn't an LMG. It's effectively been replaced by the Minimi as well as well as a dedicated DMR.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,795)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 25th 2017, 12:56am

I guess it is mostly because of the term LMG, which people associate with the weapon class of the same name in BF3 and BF4. The LMGs there are way more evolved, weigh less can be used on the move etc. Compared to the LMGs that were the very first weapons of their type.

So naturally they are rather undeveloped and have lower magazine sizes. However people are missing the volume of fire of the previous franchises, and I can relate. However it is very likely that the Hellriegel will not outclass the LMGs.
BF3/BF4 IAR, U100, L86A2?

Well they all had 46 or more rounds in BF3 and in BF4, until DICE "fixed" them. That is definitely more than the average LMG of BF1.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 25th 2017, 12:57am

I guess it is mostly because of the term LMG, which people associate with the weapon class of the same name in BF3 and BF4. The LMGs there are way more evolved, weigh less can be used on the move etc. Compared to the LMGs that were the very first weapons of their type.

So naturally they are rather undeveloped and have lower magazine sizes. However people are missing the volume of fire of the previous franchises, and I can relate. However it is very likely that the Hellriegel will not outclass the LMGs.

Well they all had 46 or more rounds in BF3 and in BF4, until DICE "fixed" them. That is definitely more than the average LMG of BF1.
Yeah but most weapons in BF1 are low mag count rifles. Not ARs or uber SMGs.

The LMGs are waaay more shooty over meaningful ranges than the other weapons in the game, relative to the LMGs versus other weapons in BF4.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,795)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 25th 2017, 1:02am

Yeah but most weapons in BF1 are low mag count rifles. Not ARs or uber SMGs.

Yeah that is my whole point. I doubt the Benet or the Madsen could even have more than 30 round magazines, and I never heard of the Bar with a drum or something. I mean the weight alone...Sure DICE can scrap a drum on anything, but I do not think they will go there, and rightfully so. I just believe that people miss that "mindless" spray, or suppressing the enemy by sheer volume of fire. Having 200 rounds is defnitely a plus point on any weapon. Right now this is not really possible, because the average mag count is a lot lower and the overheat mechanic. Stuff like approaching an enemy positions while bullet hosing them is a tactic indeed missed by many people.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 7:25pm

MG15 and lewis supressive have "small mags"? 8|

If you're throwing bullets in someone's direction you're going to eat sniper fire, HE or just plain old get flanked and shot well before you can dump that mag with the overheating mechanics.

This game simply doesn't effectively model volume fire and movement because dying doesn't matter and infantry are pro athelete ninjas. Supression is great, but not as great as killing and all of the MG15s can throw out as much supression as you'd ever need.

Bingo! I love LMGs, but suppression is for people who like getting killed. I play pretty much run & gun support, going for the Ks with a low TTK gun like BAR, Madsen, or Chauchat.

Prolonged bursts at longer ranges will get a suppression assist, plus a sniper bullet in the head or bayonet in the back.

I had a pretty good outing with the MG15 suppression on Fort de Veaux (frontline) last week. But that was kills, not suppression. Plus it's a new map. I'm sure the snipers have it figured out by now and I won't be able repeat that one.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 29th 2017, 2:37am

In my eyes, suppression isn't something where you camp and dump your entire mag in some enemy's general direction, it's shooting in bursts to get people to notice you while someone else runs up and blasts them in the face with a shotgun. Being a good suppressing support player means moving with the tide of battle and not camping while the tide drowns you.

So when I make an effort to get suppression assists, I'm usually pretty close to the combat itself. As for the Huot optical, I don't feel like I'm stationary enough to make efficient use of the bipod, so this is more my style. I'm also looking forward to the 1906 Luger sniper, as I really don't like the Mondragon sniper variant.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 29th 2017, 3:24am

Agreed on both, and the Huot and 1906 are the two I'm most looking forward to. The 1906 Sniper is going to be a hilarious laser beam of death.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, April 29th 2017, 3:48am

The 1906 Sniper is a massive improvement over the Factory in terms of ease of use, hang in there while you're grinding 300 kills on the shitty irons