Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:27pm

Remember when the Hellreigel had 0.448 total horizontal recoil, a 1.8 FSM? I'm glad I got my service stars then.

Anyway, atleast Hellreigel defensive is a sexy, interesting variant unlike the Huot optical. Losing the bipod and the tremendous spread and recoil decrease compared to the LW Huot--I'm assuming-- seems like it will make the optical variant pretty useless. Would you trade all that for marginal better ADS moving spread?
I know people like to be angry pitchfork wielding villagers but all it takes is a simple look at key stats that everyone understands;

Lets compare the Hellriegel Defensive to an LMG which allegedly can replace, the MG15 Suppresive.

Hellriegel vs MG15 Suppresive
Damage: 5 -8 vs 5 - 6
Bullets till overheat: 40 vs 35
ROF: 650 vs 500
Capacity :120 vs 200
Velocity: 380m/s vs 870m/s
V.Recoil: 0.28 vs 0.32
H.Recoil: 0.38/0.38vs 0.35/0.35
FSM: 2x vs 1.8x

We do not have the exact stats for the Hellriegel Defensive, but I reckon that everything mentioned here will remain unchanged, save for Mag.

Not to mention the MG15 is a support gun meaning self ammo refill is a thing. This isn't even going into detail with the ADS base spread and the fact that the MG15 has negative spread. There is no way on earth that the Hellriegel Defensive can touch the MG15 (or any other LMG for that matter) at 40m+

So no, its not going to make LMGS useless, RIP Support as one guy put it.

The 20 Ammos one is hilarious. Its like they never used another LMG other than the BAR.

People still thinking the hellriegel is op is hilarious. I tried using it because I like the idea of it and quickly realized that its horizontal recoil makes anything other than short bursts useless. Therefore it is relegated to a flanking role or ranges below 30m.

The 'no reason to use the base hellriegel' one is the closest one to a legitimate concern. It could very well outclass the factory version but I am not sure of that so far.
Hellriegel is a turd IMO. Why would you ever use it when you have the various Automaticos to chose from?

It's got the same dynamic vs automatico as 1916 has vs the 5 round slrs. Yeah it's got lots of ammo, but when you're dying in typical 1v1s in your engagement bracket most of the time all that ammo doesn't do you any good.

And it's really punishing for the Hellriegel since it's CBQ and thus you've got no chance to cover as a general rule.

Yea, honestly I wouldn't even go for the automatico, I would just go with a shotgun, usually the 12G or Sjogren. Anythingabove 20m, its Ribeyrolles 1918, MP18 or Model 10 Slug. Mostly MP18 as the Experimental got buffed significantly and the reticle fix really makes headshoting with the trench version quite easy (sort of :])

I use it sometimes because way before BF1 launched, I really wanted it to be in the game. Atthe time I envisaged it being an analogue to the CBJ. Ofcourse the actual game had significantly different balance than the BF4 style model I was anticipating at the time.

It still has some value as I play a lot of Rush and it served me well when assaulting clustered bunkers such as Argonne or Grappa. This new Defensive variant may actually become a favourite of mine as the bipod makes it ideal for defensive play, especially when defending on Rush.
What? Automatico is amazing. Trenchie means you can brute force most firefights without adsin'g and you can really abuse the resets on the factory. IMO way more reliable of a platform than the buck guns. CQB is also one of the rare situations there 1 v X situations aren't something you can pace against and the automaticos can hose multiple guys FAST during flanks.

It's a great panic fire weapon too, if you're focusing on the core explosive spam abilities of assault.
Need to experiment with the factory as it is much better for bursting post TSNP patch.

I generally avoid the Automatico Trench variant as I have become quite good at headshoting with the MP18 Trench hipfire. This gives me alot of versatility as my preferred game mode is rush, and I find myself being at much longer distances than in conquest. Of course there are exceptions such as Argonne and Amien.

I will fully admit that part of this is my contrarian nature as in every single BF game, I never touched the mainstream stuff even if its not too op, e.g. M16a3 (ugh), ACE 23, BAR Storm (Though Madsen is much easier imo). BF1 is a bit odd as many of the mainstream weapons such as the hellriegel, Model 10 A Hunter and especially the 1916 are not what I call all rounder easy to use guns as was the case with BF4's 750RPM AR's and BF3's casual mode engaged M16a3, AEK, F2000 and AN94.

• "Skanic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:27pm

but let us face it, we can all dig up a hundred posts that we should be ashamed of posting on the internet, and remember who owns Mar-a-Lago.

isn't that why we have titles after all? to remember that in the end, we are still a community of dumbasses?

anyway, it really appears that the battlefield community cares only about mag size until we reach very high rof(750+) regardless of actual damage output(both for bullet damage and hitrate)... i assume this is because people have bad accuracy and want to be allowed to miss a couple shots and still have a chance?

edit:
also
@Dantheminigunfox

there's an error in your stats, iirc the mg15 has an increased time to overheat(or was it only the lewis?) while the hellriegel... i remember it being changed at least 3 times, so i'm not even sure how much it is, but i doubt it's 40 at the moment, i'd like confirmation for them both.

I know some people who are on Symthic who are a terrible shot and they use the .35 factory/marksman and they are having a great time with this SLR.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:31pm

but let us face it, we can all dig up a hundred posts that we should be ashamed of posting on the internet, and remember who owns Mar-a-Lago.

isn't that why we have titles after all? to remember that in the end, we are still a community of dumbasses?

anyway, it really appears that the battlefield community cares only about mag size until we reach very high rof(750+) regardless of actual damage output(both for bullet damage and hitrate)... i assume this is because people have bad accuracy and want to be allowed to miss a couple shots and still have a chance?

edit:
also
@Dantheminigunfox

there's an error in your stats, iirc the mg15 has an increased time to overheat(or was it only the lewis?) while the hellriegel... i remember it being changed at least 3 times, so i'm not even sure how much it is, but i doubt it's 40 at the moment, i'd like confirmation for them both.

I know some people who are on Symthic who are a terrible shot and they use the .35 factory/marksman and they are having a great time with this SLR.

i actually separated the symthic and bf community,as it itends to be that symthic people will still use guns based on 1v1 potential and not forgiveness.

p.s.:oh and i should stop talking out of my ass about things i'm not sure about.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:32pm

@Iota

Didn't notice your response at first sorry :C.

The MG15nA overheats at 35 rounds, the Hellriegel at 40 and the Lewis at 50. The latter two were taken from the previous two patches, the MG15 I just counted, though I have not tried with it with the Strom version, only the other two. They are prlly the same though.

The Lewis was the only one that got buffed, infact only the Suppresive variant overheats now

Overheat threshold should be an in game stat, but then again many useful stats are not. Alas that is a topic for another day lol

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:45pm

Losing the bipod and the tremendous spread and recoil decrease compared to the LW Huot--I'm assuming-- seems like it will make the optical variant pretty useless. Would you trade all that for marginal better ADS moving spread?

Because it is so accurate already that you don't need to bipod it to be effective. This could actually be a relevant gun, unlike the others (reserving judgment on the Hellriegel).

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:57pm

Because it is so accurate already that you don't need to bipod it to be effective.

It is also so accurate that an Optical variant doesn't help.

As I said before, the fact these level 10 weapons have such questionable effectiveness coupled with the pretty steep unlock requirements signals that their creation is simply to appease unlock whores.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "Skanic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 10:09pm

The Huot Optical is amazing, I am working on my footage of it.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 10:16pm

Because it is so accurate already that you don't need to bipod it to be effective.
It is also so accurate that an Optical variant doesn't help.
But the scope does.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 10:21pm

Not surprised.

People think SMGs are super LMGs when it's the other way around.

They think SMGs do more damage than LMGs (lolwat).

They think SMGs are more accurate than LMGs (more wat).

Because Levelcap has been saying that SMGs have more damage than LMGs for some time.

Turbo wat.

Who wants to start a change.org petition to have that meddling Levelcap euthanized?

On a serious note I think there is something up with the Hellriegel Defensive as there seemed to be a complete lack of that obnoxious optic sway, I'm not sure if it's a glitch or a buff to Optical variants as I haven't got around to trying the others.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 10:33pm

Need to experiment with the factory as it is much better for bursting post TSNP patch.

I generally avoid the Automatico Trench variant as I have become quite good at headshoting with the MP18 Trench hipfire. This gives me alot of versatility as my preferred game mode is rush, and I find myself being at much longer distances than in conquest. Of course there are exceptions such as Argonne and Amien.

I will fully admit that part of this is my contrarian nature as in every single BF game, I never touched the mainstream stuff even if its not too op, e.g. M16a3 (ugh), ACE 23, BAR Storm (Though Madsen is much easier imo). BF1 is a bit odd as many of the mainstream weapons such as the hellriegel, Model 10 A Hunter and especially the 1916 are not what I call all rounder easy to use guns as was the case with BF4's 750RPM AR's and BF3's casual mode engaged M16a3, AEK, F2000 and AN94.
I use what works for me with minimal amount of fuss. Been really liking the Automatico Fac since TSNP update.