Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,307)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 4:15pm

>tfw you realize BF4 870 had a 24m OHK range
Going from that to BF1 the BF1 shotguns feel like they almost have Hardline-levels of dropoff.

To me gap between the OHK range and the "lol, don't even bother"-range is shorter than in previous titles. They are overly binary, even within the context of BF1 balance.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing better (end) dropoff values for the BF1 shotguns. The current nosedive and doubled BTK right after their OHK range is excessive, IMO.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Mar 23rd 2017, 4:32pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 4:59pm

Its because peopled associate shotguns with one hit kill weapons and do not consider that weapons such as the 12G kill faster than the automatico. The 12G is indeed just an easier to use revolver with arguably more range and ease of use than said weapon type.

The M97 is the gun most people should be using as is plenty capable of getting consistent OHK below 15m. Its much faster fire rate also makes 2 shot kills fairly easy to achieve, though the 12G is far superior in this regard as it flat out out damages the automatic and is similar to a Bulldog revolver.

The Sjogren is probably not even unlocked by many players and is only available to premium as of writing. Perhaps it may increase in popularity somewhat as I found it to be pretty forgiving considering its 163RPM. Perhaps a SLUG variant of this would be interesting.

In general, the average player with the Model 10 Hunter rarely ever kills me in one shot, as they miss many of their shots sometimes even allowing me to finish them off with a fairly high TTK cqc gun such as the oh so lovely huot. As others have pointed out, this is probably due to the OVERPOWERED MODEL 10 Propaganda.

This is of course just my experience and opinion. I think the Model 10 is at its best when used by a fast and accurate player with good positioning skills. At this point, the SLUG has made all the other Model 10 Variants a non-option (for me) as I find the slug to be far more consistent, even if it has a lower OHK range than the 20m of the Model 10 a hunter. That being said, the Model 10 A in all its variants is still a potent weapon and easily capable of irritating the most venerable of players. I would also say that the way shotguns are balanced in BF1 marks the first time that I truly enjoyed the weapon type and not got frustrated when getting one banged from a mile away (ugh Saiga) and is quickly becoming one of my favourite weapon types.

EDIT- I don't have a favorite as I find a use for all of em. If I had to force pick it would be the 12G Automatic Hunter and Model 10 A Slug, although the last one does not feel like a shotgun.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dantheminigunfox" (Mar 23rd 2017, 5:26pm)

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,340)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 5:28pm

M97 is 14m for a OHK and Sj÷gren is 12m.
The Sjogren has 8.4 dmg per pellet up to 14m (13x8.4=109.2). And 7.8 dmg at 15 m (13x7.8=101.4) which technically puts it in OHK range. Is there another formula I'm missing to calculate OHK range for shotguns?

Pellet dispersion.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s´╗┐"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 5:29pm

Yeah, the M10 is about the only scatter gun I see and the only one I use. The only others I've tried are the 97s.

I don't look too hard at the stats and just go with what works for me.

I'm afraid if they nerf the M10, shotguns will disappear.

I noticed the same thing in the TTK stats for all shotguns. Are they assuming one-pellet hits? What's the BTK?

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 5:55pm

My personal favourite is M1897 "Sweeper". It's an ablosute garbage past 10m but it's awesome against tight group of enemies and strafing guys under 11m with that amount of pellets and that type of pellet cone. Also, because of slam-fire ability it shoots like in full-auto.
Hoegren is very nice combo of Auto 5 and M1897 "Hunter": can OHK and has a nice 2HK range.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

• "cowsgomoo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 6:20pm

Pellet dispersion.
How do you account for that? How do you calculate X amount of pellets which are going to hit at Y distance?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,606)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 7:44pm

Couple of things to add from my perspective:

The Model-10 still offers a more ranged option when you go ADS, you can still deal a bit of damage at longer ranges, whereas you would not dish out any meaningful damage. Furthermore, if you do want to ADS all other options are pretty unusable, because of their recoil, huge barrel and awful sights. With all the semi-autos you have to reaquire your target with every shot, which drops your ROF. The Model-10 is no different here, but the raw output per shot is higher and the ROF is lower anyway so you can reaquire more easily, or do as I did: Go ADS, shoot, get out of ADS and repeat.

Also what C0llis mentioned is true. The dropoff is severe, which makes the results feel inconsistent.

Not to forget, the whole shotgun mechanics are still suffering from the double spread system which makes them rather inaccurate when used on the move.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,340)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 8:48pm

Pellet dispersion.
How do you account for that? How do you calculate X amount of pellets which are going to hit at Y distance?

For some reason, Miffy does not include this in shotgun stats. It is under a field called "bullet dispersion" or "pellet dispersion" within the weapon file in the data browser. I am on phone, so cannot search of ryou.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s´╗┐"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2017

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:11pm

Do you guys think shotguns are the best assault guns on all maps or just the closer range maps?

EDIT: assuming proper smoke/cover usage

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,606)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:17pm

I would use the Automaticos or the Ribeyrolles and play accordingly, give you better overall performance. Even when you manage to stay in CQ only, the automatic offers awesome hipfire spread and TTK.