Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "cowsgomoo" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 2:23pm

Why do people refuse to use shotguns other than the Model 10-A hunter? Also what's your favorite shotgun to use?

The Model 10-A hunter is a great shotgun. It has the longest 1 hit kill range out of all the shotguns (not counting the 10-A slug) and a mag size of 6 making it the most popular shotgun in BF1. To compensate for its high damage output per shot it comes with a low RPM of just 78. This means that if you miss or slightly whiff your shot in CQB, any half decent opponent with an automatico or m97 is gonna shred you into pieces. Or if you enter a room with more than 2 opponents. The M97 on the other hand also has a good 1 hit kill range and comes with relatively fast RPM allowing you to fight multiple people and allows for a follow up shot if your first shot misses the target. To me the M97 is more potent and more forgiving than the Model 10 A, yet people refuse to use the M97. Are people just lazy or am I overestimating the M97?

I have also tested out the Sjogren Inertia and if you can consistently one shot people with it it's objectively the best shotgun in the game. High RPM, possibility to 1 hit kill, low pellet dispersion and lowest recoil out of any shotgun.

Next up on my list, testing out the 12g automatic.

p.s: there seems to be a bug in the TTK charts for shotguns. They show values above 5k.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "cowsgomoo" (Mar 23rd 2017, 3:25pm)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 2:30pm

Because 10A was deemed "super overpowered" before it had a slight reduction in range and people haven't bothered trying out the other options available. Some people still believe the 10A or even shotguns in general are "broken" or similar.

You said it yourself, it offers the most damage potential per shot, but if you miss on a head on fight, your chances of getting a second shot off are very low.
It's weird because the other popular weapons like the SL1907/M1916/Hellriegel have a factor of ease of use with their lenient magazine sizes, but when it comes to shotguns apparently the only popular one is the most punishing one to use.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 2:50pm

shotguns apparently the only popular one is the most punishing one to use.
Probably because it is “consistent” to one shot people. unlike other shotgun that need a second shot sometimes(m97)/probably(the new one)/mostly(auto 12G) People generally think shotty are one shot kill in sub-15m. They only consider second shot at a reasonablely far distance. And 10 hunter can Do that just fine. TBH i find 10 factory are also a good choice as well. it make second shot back down a lot more faster than hunter.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 2:59pm

TBH i find 10 factory are also a good choice as well. it make second shot back down a lot more faster than hunter.
Isn't the RPM just too low for recoil to have any meaning? By the time you can do a follow up shot you will probably have had enough time to compensate for recoil anyway.

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 3:18pm

TBH i find 10 factory are also a good choice as well. it make second shot back down a lot more faster than hunter.
Isn't the RPM just too low for recoil to have any meaning? By the time you can do a follow up shot you will probably have had enough time to compensate for recoil anyway.
The spread dec on factory is way more faster than hunter can do.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 3:25pm

shotguns apparently the only popular one is the most punishing one to use.
Probably because it is “consistent” to one shot people. unlike other shotgun that need a second shot sometimes(m97)/probably(the new one)/mostly(auto 12G) People generally think shotty are one shot kill in sub-15m. They only consider second shot at a reasonablely far distance. And 10 hunter can Do that just fine. TBH i find 10 factory are also a good choice as well. it make second shot back down a lot more faster than hunter.

M97 is 14m for a OHK and Sjögren is 12m. 12G Auto never OHKs.

Consistency is cool to have, but there's more times where I don't score a OHK with a OHK-capable shotgun due to inaccuracy on my end rather than the gun's damage output. With how shotgun cone spread works, either you land a good shot or you don't. At that point what matters is how fast can you get your next shot off, which is why the M97 and Sjögren are great guns. You still get the OHK at a tad lower range but you have better chances in 1v2 situations.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 3:37pm

>tfw you realize BF4 870 had a 24m OHK range

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 3:39pm

tfw when the UTS 15 could OHK up to 40 meters for a while.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 4:04pm

tfw when the UTS 15 could OHK up to 40 meters for a while.
UTS-15 and Hawk 12G were great fun.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 4:13pm

M97 is 14m for a OHK and Sjögren is 12m.
The Sjogren has 8.4 dmg per pellet up to 14m (13x8.4=109.2). And 7.8 dmg at 15 m (13x7.8=101.4) which technically puts it in OHK range. Is there another formula I'm missing to calculate OHK range for shotguns?