Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 10:27pm

Strange but great for CQB-style support.

Someone above has an opposite view of what good sights are than me. Using the shosho has finally started to break me of always ADS and never shooting from the hip. The AA sights are indeed very odd.

Like the Hellriegl needs any help! What's next? A 100-round magazine for the Automatico?

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 11:15pm

If you're not using Low Weight, you're a fucking goose.

LW really gives you an advantage when performing single taps. Single taps are a much more effective way of dealing damage, as you will then not be waiting on your spread recovery.

Telescopic is pretty much useless outside of bipod.
Which begs the question, how fast can you tap fire it?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 12:08am

The AA sight of the Chau-Chau is a goddamn abomination. WTF DICE.

If you're a fan of the close range SLR spammers (1907s, Auto .25), the Chau-Chau is great. I've been quite fond of it as a result. I prefer it to BAR so far.

Is it really useful to tapfire it at it's most lethal range? I just hold down the trigger and people die.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, March 27th 2017, 10:00am

I'm a major fan of the Chauchat.
First off -the AA sights... They're so terrible that I can't help using them.
Secondly, I like the unobstructed view and automatic sniping potential of the telescopic (2 - 3 round bursts)
Third, the rate of fire feels fantastic. Accuracy and control all the way.

It climbed to the top of my favorite support guns in a very short time.

Seriously though, that AA sight is useless. Tracking planes with it is harder than any other iron sight. AA sights are supposed to HELP with tracking targets by giving you an idea of where the object is going to be so that you can effectively lead the target.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,401)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, March 27th 2017, 10:15am

If you're not using Low Weight, you're a fucking goose.

LW really gives you an advantage when performing single taps. Single taps are a much more effective way of dealing damage, as you will then not be waiting on your spread recovery.

Telescopic is pretty much useless outside of bipod.
Which begs the question, how fast can you tap fire it?

300rpm

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :sÔĽŅ"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2017

Battlelog:

Monday, March 27th 2017, 10:59pm

IMO the chauchat is the best lmg because it seems to be the best close range lmg due to ttk and kills per mag while still being usable at long range due to tap fire ability and bipod. Miffyli's data about kill rates at certain distances* has contributed greatly to my conclusion that close range performance is far more important than anything else. It is usually easy to avoid a long range engagement with the enemy but it is often impossible to do so at close range. I find it significantly more effective than the 8.25 which I wasn't expecting. Should I attribute this to: the spread mechanics, the 5 extra rounds, the auto fire, or something else? Do you guys share my opinions that chauchat=best lmg and that it is better than the 8.25? I guess the only lmg that might be better is the huot, but it seems like a bad bet trading CQC power for long range precision and my performance in game seems to reflect that.
@marbleduck is that slow practice/guitar video still in the works? Do you play any Bach?

(1) [Statistics] Distances between shooters and targets, Battlefield 1 edition

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, March 27th 2017, 11:11pm

I guess the only lmg that might be better is the huot, but it seems like a bad bet trading CQC power for long range precision and my performance in game seems to reflect that.

I have always found the Huot to play much better than its stats suggest on paper. It just doesn't miss out to 40 m. Honestly, it is a bad bipod weapon, so the upcoming Optical variant is perfect for its niche: good, accurate, mobile shooting.

The Madsen is the other dark horse. If you can get over the vertical mag obstruction, the LW is a solid balanced option and the storm is a good run-and-gun option.

I find it significantly more effective than the 8.25 which I wasn't expecting.

The 8 .25 spread gets really really bad once it is no longer 3 BTK. Effective TTK goes way way up (literally off the charts, see my Medic SLR post), as it doesn't have the negative spread model of LMGs.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, March 27th 2017, 11:13pm

IMO the chauchat is the best lmg because it seems to be the best close range lmg due to ttk and kills per mag while still being usable at long range due to tap fire ability and bipod. Miffyli's data about kill rates at certain distances* has contributed greatly to my conclusion that close range performance is far more important than anything else. It is usually easy to avoid a long range engagement with the enemy but it is often impossible to do so at close range. I find it significantly more effective than the 8.25 which I wasn't expecting. Should I attribute this to: the spread mechanics, the 5 extra rounds, the auto fire, or something else? Do you guys share my opinions that chauchat=best lmg and that it is better than the 8.25? I guess the only lmg that might be better is the huot, but it seems like a bad bet trading CQC power for long range precision and my performance in game seems to reflect that.
@marbleduck is that slow practice/guitar video still in the works? Do you play any Bach?

(1) [Statistics] Distances between shooters and targets, Battlefield 1 edition
I find longer range combat is especially punishing because of the potency of the BAs, such that you're almost always better off maneuvering for a better position, except on maps like Sinai and Fao that force you to fight with long sight-lines throughout much of the map.

I also tend to agree that closer range performance is more relevant in most situations with current game meta but the Chau really starts to suffer at the midrange, not "long range", which is where you really want to swap it out for the Huot. That's super relevant on the base maps, even on the grindery stuff like Amiens.

Chau might be king of for Vaux and the grinder sections of Verdun, but it's going to be put in it's place when people try to bring it to the base maps.

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2017

Battlelog:

Monday, March 27th 2017, 11:38pm

I also tend to agree that closer range performance is more relevant in most situations with current game meta but the Chau really starts to suffer at the midrange, not "long range", which is where you really want to swap it out for the Huot. That's super relevant on the base maps, even on the grindery stuff like Amiens.

Chau might be king of for Vaux and the grinder sections of Verdun, but it's going to be put in it's place when people try to bring it to the base maps.
Ah good catch, I should have said midrange. You are quite right that midrange is relevant on most maps, but I find that I can afford to be much less competitive at midrange without much discomfort. Making similar concessions at close range is far more harmful to my performance on most maps and I am not even a close range oriented player. Despite my preference for med-long range engagements I am more content to make do with mediocre mid range performance in exchange for close range security. Perhaps it is confirmation bias (though the data I cited seems to support it), but I find that as a support most of my deaths are in close range. The chauchat is my best option for lowering those deaths and I find that lowering deaths is the best way to succeed.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, March 27th 2017, 11:54pm

Despite my preference for med-long range engagements I am more content to make do with mediocre mid range performance in exchange for close range security. Perhaps it is confirmation bias (though the data I cited seems to support it), but I find that as a support most of my deaths are in close range. The chauchat is my best option for lowering those deaths and I find that lowering deaths is the best way to succeed.

I really don't know why you wouldn't just use the BAR or Madsen or Assault class for CQC. The Chauchat only gives you an advantage under 12 m. Why wouldn't you sacrifice 60 ms within 12 m in exchange for something that is much much more versatile at all ranges AND more accurate? What am I missing about the Chauchat, for those that really like it?

This is a similar issue that I have with everyone that uses the M1916 SLR. Glad you perform well with it, but I bet you would perform even better with something else...