Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 10:33am

Stat tracking in Frontlines is currently broken

T4R. This is going to be a shorter post but I wanted to talk about some of my findings as it comes to how stats are being tracked in the companion app and on battlefieldtracker.com

I've noticed that for quite a long time, the game hasn't been keeping track of my stats correctly. It first happened when at approximately seventy hours played (according to Origin), my playtime showed in the companion app dropped to fifty hours. Until this point both times were the same. This also artificially inflated my score-per-minute stat, as twenty hours were shaved off thus increasing the raw ratio. The reason for the loss of twenty of my hours is unknown to me.

When They Shall Not Pass came out, my time in the companion app was listed as 101 hours. I then proceeded to play nothing but Frontlines for several days in a row. My time in the companion app stayed firmly at 101 hours. My game time had increased to over 155 hours. I then played Rush for about two hours and then my time played in the companion app went up to 103 hours as expected.

I eventually turned to BattlefieldTracker to try to figure out what in the hell was going on. I then noticed something strange in my "Recent Sessions" tab on my profile.

Spoiler Spoiler

You'll notice two "sessions" in this screencap. The top session is me exclusively playing Rush for two hours as mentioned earlier. These stats are fairly high and I think they're probably inflated due to not recording time correctly. Still, it's off by about 45 minutes or so.

The bottom session consists only of Frontlines games I played with Symthic people on Saturday. You'll notice that my score-per-minute is in the hundreds of thousands range. In fact, I earned exactly 334,968 score every minute according to the session stats. I also earned exactly the same amount of score overall. In this I see the problem.

Each and every Frontlines game appears to only count as being exactly one minute long in DICE's API. This has artificially inflated my score-per-minute stat to well over 1,700 SPM, putting me in the top 0.3% of players registered on BattlefieldTracker currently. My SPM was about 1,200 before TSNP came out. If I aggregate all of my Recent Sessions games of Frontlines, the game thinks I earned 1.2 million score over the course of 28 minutes (assuming one minute per round). This obviously isn't possible but it hasn't stopped the game from displaying these stats on all tracking websites and methods.

This doesn't really affect anything except people playing for stats but I found it amusing enough to share with you all. Frontlines will soon be getting a proper game timer (as opposed to running indefinitely) so I imagine this particular bug will be getting fixed. I'm interested in seeing if any of you have encountered a similar issue with stat tracking or this particular Frontlines tracking bug.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,856)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 10:47am

Yeah the tracking is a bit wonky it seems, I do not use the companion app or anything official, as I think it is unreliable, complicated and not telling me anything, but I look at the tracker often, and some rounds especially when they are long, will not be tracked accordingly.

Also in short rounds some minutes of the game are not recorded either. One of the last games I played was Frontline on Fort Vaux, it lasted 21 minutes as I recall and I went down with 33-6. The tracker however shows 29-5 and a minute of playtime is gone. Now I recall some of this happening with BF4, when it would sometimes disregard kill assists count as kill. BUt the round times were always correct.

Any game that lasts over 30 minutes or so, is not recorded at all though, at least on the tracker. However kills are tracked. However, it does seem that even there some kills are sometimes missed.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2017

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 11:13am

It's the TSNP maps, not the Frontlines gamemode, I think.

Giant's Shadow was the same before the last patch too (not sure it's been fixed either, haven't checked). I play only Conquest and just a day ago I had an SPM of 280k in 2 games.

My SPM post-TSNP is attached.
oba has attached the following file:

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "oba" (Mar 21st 2017, 11:23am)

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 7:16am

You were correct. BattlefieldTracker rolled out a fix today for SPM which stated the new maps specifically were to blame. Time was counting correctly on the old maps. I should have done some more research into this but I couldn't bear to play CQ tbh.

Also my 1880 SPM has dropped to 1530 SPM as a result of this update, which takes me out of the Top 0.3% bracket and plants me firmly in top 2%. Unfortunate.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,789)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 1:35pm

You were correct. BattlefieldTracker rolled out a fix today for SPM which stated the new maps specifically were to blame. Time was counting correctly on the old maps. I should have done some more research into this but I couldn't bear to play CQ tbh.

Also my 1880 SPM has dropped to 1530 SPM as a result of this update, which takes me out of the Top 0.3% bracket and plants me firmly in top 2%. Unfortunate.

My SPM went from 1670 to 1880~ so it's weird you'd lose SPM when score wasn't being tracked properly.

It's not like SPM is a meaningful stat with all the stupid 2x xp and squad boosts anyway
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 9:29pm

Another update: the companion app is now counting the same reduced SPM as BattlefieldTracker but BFT is stating that SPM is still incorrect. I've also gotten a large amount of my time played correctly counted again but there's still about 40 hours between my actual time played and what the companion app states.

I don't get it.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,856)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 12:39am

Is that in a way meaningful to you? This sounds harsh but, I really want to know if players have any drawbacks from this, I mean SPM is a rather irrelevant stat to me. Are there other things affected? Apart from playtime, likely? I still think it has to do with the time some rounds take, as it was tracking Frontlines on all short rounds rather fine.

I do wonder though, why the official app is also portraying wrong numbers. Or maybe they changed the way it tracks and BFT does not yet "know" about it?

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 4:41am

Is that in a way meaningful to you? This sounds harsh but, I really want to know if players have any drawbacks from this, I mean SPM is a rather irrelevant stat to me. Are there other things affected? Apart from playtime, likely? I still think it has to do with the time some rounds take, as it was tracking Frontlines on all short rounds rather fine.

I do wonder though, why the official app is also portraying wrong numbers. Or maybe they changed the way it tracks and BFT does not yet "know" about it?

I believe spm is huge part of your in-game "skill" value. With this case, I believe your kpm with a huge jump too. So your "skill" probably have a huge jump. Which mean in general matchmakeing, there is a huge chance that you will be put in weaker team(which has lower skill in general) So that both team has same level "skill". But beside that, Nothing will happen to your gameplay experience.

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 7:12pm

My issue is more with the fact that all of these stats are basically meaningless since they're not tracking time correctly in any case. SPM and KPM are both directly tied to time played and the fact that it's been missing anywhere from 30 to 70 hours of my game time throughout the last month affects this significantly.

I find it interesting more than frustrating. I don't really play for stats per se but it's a good metric to see if I'm improving or falling behind in my gameplay. Even despite the massive drops in SPM as the stats have been updated, my SPM is still increasing on average so I can figure I'm improving gradually. However, it is slightly irritating that all stats relating to time have been masssively warped since release five months ago.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,856)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 10:01pm

My issue is more with the fact that all of these stats are basically meaningless since they're not tracking time correctly in any case. SPM and KPM are both directly tied to time played and the fact that it's been missing anywhere from 30 to 70 hours of my game time throughout the last month affects this significantly.

I find it interesting more than frustrating. I don't really play for stats per se but it's a good metric to see if I'm improving or falling behind in my gameplay. Even despite the massive drops in SPM as the stats have been updated, my SPM is still increasing on average so I can figure I'm improving gradually. However, it is slightly irritating that all stats relating to time have been masssively warped since release five months ago.

Hmm, I have not noticed a drop im KPM though, kills and playtime in generally seem to track, just how you do it seems to be affected. BF4 had this issue as well, if I recall correctly, it took BF4stats over a year to fix that at least... I really wonder what causes this in such particular cases.
I agree that it really is interesting, just goes to show how complicated these things can be.