Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, March 20th 2017, 4:08pm

Any tips for the Lewis Suppression?

Trying to get 50 kills to unlock the Chauchat is a series of suicide missions for me, and I'm only halfway there.

In fairness, I'm a noob to gaming, but I do pretty well playing aggressively with the BAR or Madsen.

The clunky Lewis is ill-suited for that style of play.

I try engaging at longer ranges, but a player has to be pretty dumb to sit & take the 6 hits needed for a kill. I find it very hard to track a moving target through a scope. If the target is a scout, they just laugh & dispatch me with one shot.

Any tips, like a Lewis-friendly map?

On the plus side, it seems to be making me better with the BAR.

I hope the Showshow is worth it.

Thanks.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, March 20th 2017, 5:20pm

Use the bipod to cover high traffic lanes. Relocate often.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,866)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 20th 2017, 5:25pm

HE Crossbow, Gas grenade.

Put your mask on, spam those into rooms that have enemies in them and hipfire them.

A single HE Xbow shot isn't lethal and Gas softens them up further. I did my assignment just by running around and shooting people, so if you think you're gonna get domed the moment you bipod down then try this method out :D
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, March 20th 2017, 5:54pm

Just stay out from CQB - M1907 SL, Cei-Riggotti, Automatico, Shotguns and even MP18 will shred you apart under 5-10m. If you're already under fire - retreat, BUT if you started shooting first - enemy would die easily if he won't retreat. Also, avoid firefights with too many enemies - Lewis has a very long TTK.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 20th 2017, 7:19pm

Good advice on the xbow & gas, never though of it. I find the xbow HE pretty usless for anything but getting killed trying to use it on vehicles. Incendiaries are pretty good for softening up, too, if I can open fire first after throwing. I've gotten squad wipes that way, but using a BAR or Madsen. I have definitely tried to avoid CQB with the Lewis.

I swear you could measure TTK on a calendar! Inside 12 meters I can get bayoneted or bludgeoned before that clunker kills.

Though I detest camping, I do have a couple of nice sites on DOM maps. Camped with the Madsen LW, I can usually count on at least 5 kills in a round, but the Lewis is so dang slow I'm doing good to get 2 or 3. Picking up sprinting enemies in the scope is slow. Coupled with the pathetic TTK, they can easily disappear before I land 5 hits. Multiple incoming enemies usually spells doom, even though I'm on them way before they see me.

Muchas gracias for the replies.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, March 20th 2017, 7:39pm

A couple of additional thoughts:
Adjust your optic magnification if you haven't already. This can help immensely with tracking moving targets.
Try a play style similar to using scout sniper rifles. In other words, don't shoot until you are reasonably certain you can secure the kill to avoid giving away your location. Muzzle flash and tracers can get you killed more than expected.
Take advantage of the reverse spread mechanic by holding the trigger and going for head shots. Do not move while shooting. You'll be surprised how accurate the Lewis can be and how much quicker you'll drop enemies than with body shots alone.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 1:11pm

Made it last night

Thanks!

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 5:39pm

I was hopeless with any scoped LMG when I first got the game, but now I find them amazing. I think a lot of it is being able to take advantage of the zoom and having the muscle memory to fire accurately at mid range. Strafing works pretty well with LMGs as well. Don't stand still unless you absolutely have to. The lewis is accurate enough at most mid ranges to hit anyway and with the reduced peripheral vision it will be really hard spot scouts and medics lining up easy headshots on you.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 9:43pm

I was hopeless with any scoped LMG when I first got the game, but now I find them amazing. I think a lot of it is being able to take advantage of the zoom and having the muscle memory to fire accurately at mid range. Strafing works pretty well with LMGs as well. Don't stand still unless you absolutely have to. The lewis is accurate enough at most mid ranges to hit anyway and with the reduced peripheral vision it will be really hard spot scouts and medics lining up easy headshots on you.

Even though I despise camping, I did find a couple of sweet spots on my favorite DOM maps and scored the final 18 in 3 rounds.

I tried some of the long-range shooting on Monte Grappa where I could view a couple of objevtives. That didn't work so well, mainly because idiot team mates kept committing one of my pet peeves: spawning in on me and immediately blazing away at targets they can't hope to hit. Time to get the hell away! On the plus side, it helps me spot targets when they drew enemy fire (and hopefully got killed!). When I spawn in on someone prone and see no immediate fire, I get the hell away ASAP so as not to blow their position.

The Chautchat looks promising in CQB.