Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 13

Today, 3:40am

"Duplicates" in BF4 > more kills with, essentially, the same weapon with the same role; just different look and sound (i.e. AK-12, CZ-805, AR-160, SAR-21, AN-94 (non-burst), QBZ-95; same low 600-650 RoF, same damage, same low-range Hrecoil, etc.)
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Today, 3:44am

People are not computers; no matter how similar they are, BF4 not only had more weapons in model, but they were also all generally usable by everyone. BF1 has the double-compounding problem of far fewer weapons, which then are far more specialized to the point where most players are only comfortable with 2-3 weapons per class.

Date of registration

Today, 3:54am

So what you are saying is that if variants had the same stats, but different models and sound characteristics from each other that the community would whine less. Does the aesthetic factor actually have that much of an impact regarding weapon use?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Today, 5:00am

Yes. I mean, we're talking about a game here, not something so rigid and practical as outfitting a real military. As much as I do enjoy my main guns, I just can't enjoy the game after hours and hours and hours of the same 4-6 weapons on the same 8 maps or so. Every enemy tank being an A7V (and similar stuff) just adds to the monotony.

Even just having sidearms be all-class would be a huge step in the right direction. Pistol Carbines for all classes too.

Date of registration

Today, 8:07am

I never implied that things should resemble a real WW1 military and I know for a fact that BF1's arsenal hardly mimics that of a true army of the era (some things are accurate, but most are not).

Some of the sidearms would be completely broken if they were released to all the classes. They have the stats they do because of the classes they are locked into, I'm sure of this. An Auto Revolver outside of the Medic class is just one of quite a few examples that would create some imbalances.