Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 7:55am

When people talk about bf1 being more casual they usually talk about no recoil control in bf1. Bayonet charges. Elite kits. Grenade spam.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 8:43am

When people talk about bf1 being more casual they usually talk about no recoil control in bf1. Bayonet charges. Elite kits. Grenade spam.
There was recoil control in BF3? Pretty sure you just pointed the M16 at something and it died.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,343)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 9:05am

There was recoil control in BF3? Pretty sure you just pointed the M16 at something and it died.

Shhhhhhhhhhh
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 9:24am

Shhhhhhhhhhh
Fun fact:

My small arms accuracy in BF titles has been pretty consistently 15%-20% depending on the gun over BC2/BC2V/BF3/BF4 and now BF1.

I had a wopping 30% accuracy on the two best ARs in 2142 (rest of the guns were again 15-20 mostly), and I'm sitting at about that with the 8 .35s again.

I'd like to think I haven't fully peaked with age in terms of FPS ability, but rather than the various changes in shooting mechanics over all of the titles hasn't really changed my effectiveness at putting bullets into toons.

If BF1 was more casual, I should be shredding people.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 11:52am

And for most of its life, BF4 was just "point high ROF AR/ Carbine at anything and it dies". I find working around the advantages/ disadvantages of BF1s guns far more challenging than the minor recoil control of previous games. Having to work with LMG reverse spread for example.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,022)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 11:57am

Well I never was a very accurate player, I got my kills and stats from meta stuff like positioning, flanking good reactions and anticipation. So my accuracy was always average, plus I tend to engage people just to make them hide, even when they are out of killing range.

In BF1 my accuracy dropped by 2-4% on automatic weapons and by 5% on average with semi-autos. I did not play BAs much, in previous titles, but the accuracy has roughly stayed the same. Recoil does indeed have nothing to do wit the accuracy anymore, with only low ROF and tendencially less recoil. Also I would say there are more hipfire range engagements, where recoil does not matter. Spread is the defining matter in accuracy of gunfights. This is what I mostly thought, but I came to another conclusion lately concerning my own performance.
I now believe that the main reason for my accuracy drop is meta stuff, mechanics that are not represented by stats, and these "features" are definitely holding me back and make the game feel way less smooth.
A couple of examples are the unusability of shotguns when going ADS, the huge body of the weapon, the muzzle flash and the smoke emission make me lose my targets often. Yesterday I was also using the RSC Optical, and I do tend to relocate while shooting and there the optics are just plain unusable, it is really stupid. They wobble around, totally disconnected from the weapon itself, while the aimpoint stays the same. This is true for most iron sights as well, however not for scopes, which do have sway instead.
Furthermore, iron sights themselves are horrible mostly (although the DLC weapons have superior clear vision compared to some abominations) the Chauchat and Ribeyrolles show decent iron sights. Still a hindrance compared to the clear ironsights of BF3 and 4, which were mostly more like a bulkier RDS.
And then there are other mechanics and features that hinder me from being as accurate as I was. For example the strafing acceleration, you strafe so fast in this game, that it is indeed making me miss more often in hipfire engagements. Another huge thing I noticed lately is that not only shotguns have huge shotemissions but all weapons do, and this is a real gameplay feature. I was defending at B on Verdun yesterday and the shots of me and my enemy made him disappearing in a smoke cloud. Depending on what your shots hit, it seems, that more or less dust and smoke is created, with all the pellets shotguns suffer more of this naturally. Kind of hitting on this as well, is the suppression mechanic, more the blur and now red tint that you receive when you get hit and when you are getting fired at, identifying enemies under suppression is incredibly hard. Also the poor contrast of the maps, the tone is always rather grey, and then grey soldiers fight in a grey landscape. I have a lot of trouble identifing enemies, and as spotting received a huge nerf, I find myself getting killed by people that I would have never been able to see. If anybody knows what graphic settings could toned down to remove that mumbo jumbo, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah that sums it up, I believe.

TLDR; So for a short version: Accuracy is mostly determined by spread and not recoil in this game, but other features and mechanics also all have different impact on you accuracy. Unclear sights, visual recoil, sight misalignment, muzzle flash and smoke, firing animation for gunplay mechanics, as well as visual features like smoke emittance, low contrast and visibility under suppression. Ergo, my accuracy dropped significantly on the whole considering the irrelevance of recoil and the low ROF.

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 4:03pm

Spread has never been an issue in BF games. Recoil has always been the issue. Spread is not a factor at 20 meters and under. And at about 40 is still not bad maybe one bullet is missed due to spread. if you are engaging outside 40 meters it better be a gun suited for it ie sniper rifle. Its the recoil that fucks everything. By far recoil is what prevents guns from moving outside their engagement distance in this game not spread.

For example the m240b has less recoil than the automatico. The mp 18 is on par with the scar h. No wonder people find it hard to use. Ask any average player what is one of the hardest guns in bf4 to use is for assault and they would say either the scar h or the famas.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "angrynun" (Mar 22nd 2017, 4:12pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 4:57pm

Are you talking Vrecoil or Hrecoil? Vrecoil can virtually be eliminated through practice, but Hrecoil will always cause inaccuracy because it can't be controlled whatsoever.

So, for example, a non-Storm Automatico's accuracy is affected by 1.2 units of Hrecoil; 0.6 to the right and 0.6 to the left. This means that the second shot's Hrecoil deviation can theoretically exist anywhere between -0.6 and 0.6 looking at an x-axis with the y-axis being the point of aim.

So long as I understand it correctly, that is.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Mar 22nd 2017, 5:05pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 5:47pm

We already have assault rifles though, they're just called the MP18 Optical, the MP18 Experimental, and the M1918 Ribeyrolles.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 6:15pm

I want to make a comment on @marbleduck 's recent YT video. I write it here, because I wanna hear answers from other people too, but not the whole YT bullshit community and I dont think it's worth its own thread.

So,...

Bullet Spread is applied on top of Recoil! If the player is able to counter the entire Recoil in CS, he effectively just has the Weapons Spread as a Counter to his aim. However, in BF1/4 you can only counter Vertical Recoil, and even this one not entirely. Isn't it incorrect if only the spread values are compared, but not the effective spread resulting from Recoil AND Bullet Spread ?

AT first glance I see this as a flaw of your observation. You had to remove everything from the equation a player can counter before comparing the games.

P.S.: Isnt it becoming boring for you to talk about Weapon Spread for... well the entirety of your channel. Maybe you can find some other content to discuss as well. Add a little variety plz.

Just giving my thoughts, but I am willing to learn if I am wrong.
still playin' Motorstorm