Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,814)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, March 20th 2017, 2:26pm

Hmm, I do not think the gunplay is casual at all, it is very complex, basically a necessity to visit this site here and understand every number. Basically every number is relevant now. And then there is still obscure stuff like firing animations, visual recoil, misalignment.
Added to that each weapon class has a distinct role, compared to BF4, where every weapon class basically worked decently for a long distance. Even within weapon classes there are enormous differences between handling and range. So you have to consider a multitude of things in every engagement.

So, no, gunplay is indeed very complicated. Basically this is my gripe with the whole game. My gun in the game does not feel like a natural extension of my arm anymore, my instinct tells me I should hit this guy, but I do not. I totally feel empathy for anyone who is not a number cruncher and feels overwhelmed.

Some features have been streamlined or made more casual, or changed for the looks, often for the worse, but the gunplay surely is not one of these casual elements.

However I do not think it is a good thing to bash on youtubers, because they voice their valid opinion. Obviously the communities on symthic, youtube and reddit greatly diverge, but that does not mean people here have a privileged voice. However if xfactor had researched a bit better, he would have had better arguments three weeks ago.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2017

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, March 20th 2017, 3:13pm

I have with all weapons on the different classes, with which i have over 20 services stars, nearly the same KPM (1,5-1,6). It's just necessary to adapt the playstyle to the gun. I my opinion this is the opposite of casual.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:31pm

Hmm, I do not think the gunplay is casual at all, it is very complex, basically a necessity to visit this site here and understand every number.

It really isn't. You don't actually have to know the behind-the-scenes values inside and out to understand the weapon and other mechanics, it's perfectly possible to pick up nearly everything relevant just from playing and paying attention.

I intentionally looked at BF1's stats very minimally during the first month or so, and guess what my go-to Medic setup became purely by feel almost immediately after I'd tried all the weapons: Rem 8 .35 Factory, with Mle 1903 or Auto-Revolver. As in, what is generally regarded as one of the best setups in BF1. Looking at and discussing the SLR stats and performance around here after the fact only served to prove the impressions I already had, about the Rem 8 as well as the M1916 and everything else too. That's not to say I learned nothing at all from the details numbers of course, but it's far from nessessary to play the game and be a good, intelligent player.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2017

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 9:18am

Hmm, I do not think the gunplay is casual at all, it is very complex, basically a necessity to visit this site here and understand every number.

It really isn't. You don't actually have to know the behind-the-scenes values inside and out to understand the weapon and other mechanics, it's perfectly possible to pick up nearly everything relevant just from playing and paying attention.

I intentionally looked at BF1's stats very minimally during the first month or so, and guess what my go-to Medic setup became purely by feel almost immediately after I'd tried all the weapons: Rem 8 .35 Factory, with Mle 1903 or Auto-Revolver. As in, what is generally regarded as one of the best setups in BF1. Looking at and discussing the SLR stats and performance around here after the fact only served to prove the impressions I already had, about the Rem 8 as well as the M1916 and everything else too. That's not to say I learned nothing at all from the details numbers of course, but it's far from nessessary to play the game and be a good, intelligent player.
Within the first month post-launch, I'd argue that the Hellriegel was king (and OP af) based on feel alone. I kinda suck with semi-auto guns, so without looking at stats too much, I'd say the pre-nerf Automatico Storm was probably by far the best PTFO gun in the game in my opinion, followed closely by the BAR Storm.

I agree with your last point though. The smaller selection of weapons per class and not having to unlock each sight and attachment like in BF4 means it's a lot easier to get a grasp of the qualities of each weapon without looking too deeply at stats.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 6:15pm

But couldn't the same thing be said of BF4? To 99% of players there was almost no real difference between a CZ-805, an AR160, an M416 etc. A player could easily use any weapon and do well a close-mid range and slowly figure out that high ROf = good up close but worse at range. Once that basic principle is learned, BF4's weapons are mostly just slight variations on the same weapon. Only a few weapons like the 7.62mm weapons and the RPK really varied at all. Even the attachments only offered slight changes to the weapons. Here each variant is perceptibly different to use. This change is far more noticeable than say, whether to muzzle break, or not to muzzle break.

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 10:21pm

BF 1 lost fluidity.

people want things to be easy again. Spent a few hours on BF1 to unlock the new guns and went to play BF4. I usually am at a 2 KD with like 120 kills plus or minus 20 and like 25-30% acc. But after playing BF1 35% acc and like 180 kills to 10 deaths(2400tk metro with scar h). Its just so easy to chain together kills. I mean people have like 10% acc in bf4. How? thats like 3 bullets out of a whole mag. How can you expect them to hit 30% plus with any of the medic guns. BF1 requires some actual fore thought not just muscle memory. Honestly I should take a note or two from how I play BF1 and transfer them over but fuck that, just going to bum rush and take out as many as I can. They cant get us all.

Im pretty sure I fall into that group of Im just going to play these two points and kill people. Dont give a shit if I win or lose so long as I personally do well. And before this patch I felt as if sniping was the best way to do that. I was more effective with a sniper rifle at killing people than with anything else. After the patch the model 8 has seemed to be less sharp or jerky in its recoil. I approve. All other medic guns are useless for my game play style. maybe the 1907 but holy fuck the sights. I want my coyote back.

Im just hoping that after a few more patches the game will fell better and be more defined. I think DICE took a huge leap and still needs to test things. As of right now the gun play is frustrating. Just feels so jerky and not continuous.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "angrynun" (Mar 21st 2017, 10:27pm)

• "commandough" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 2:05am

One other thing, what's with people saying that BF1 is the most casual Battlfield? Weren't both Hardline and Battlefront far more casual friendly than it?
Medic Assault is still here though.
What do you mean by this? The 5 shot SLRs?

However I do not think it is a good thing to bash on youtubers, because they voice their valid opinion. Obviously the communities on symthic, youtube and reddit greatly diverge, but that does not mean people here have a privileged voice. However if xfactor had researched a bit better, he would have had better arguments three weeks ago.
I do have a negative opinion on famous youtubers. I feel that they are biased toward wanting a game that constantly puts them up against weak players so that they can easily get clips to put on in the background in the videos to make themselves look good. I don't think this means that I can't say that they are severely misremembering the older titles.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,237)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 3:42am

@commandough

People look at the names of the classes and assume that Assault was split apart.

@potetr
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 7:09am

@commandough

People look at the names of the classes and assume that Assault was split apart.

@potetr
With the exception that the SMGs/shotguns are comparatively amazing vs the to other guns relative to where they sat in older titles, the BF1 assault class is in every sense actually the classic anti-tank/engineer class from BF2 and BF2142 (minus reps from 2142).

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,237)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 7:20am

@tankmayvin

Quite.

BF1's Assault Class has access to A LOT of AT weapons and a close range anti-infantry primary weapon. Doesn't look particularly new.

And if you look at "Medic" which has a Grenade Launcher, Medkit, Bandage Pouch, and Syringe it bears an uncanny resemblance to another class.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.