Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "commandough" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, March 20th 2017, 4:28am

Seems like a lot of youtubers are really just complaining about not having assualt rifles in BF1

One of the major reasons both Levelcap and Xfactorgaming cite in support of their argument that Battlefield 1 is a more casual game then prior games is that there is a new system of "Rock, Paper, Scissors" gunplay where weapons are only effective inside of certain ranges.

But it seems to me, that this was only true in BF3 & BF4 for all classes except for the medic. Snipers were bad up close, PDWs/Carbines would never beat a bipoded LMG or sniper at long range. LMGs were powerful but hard to use at long range and would still lose to engineer class weapons in CQC. It is only the versatile Assault rifles that could be used at long ranges and still regularly dominate CQC.

This post by "Gecko99" (Monday, March 20th 2017, 5:01am) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Monday, March 20th 2017, 2:30pm) with the following reason: Rule 3

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, March 20th 2017, 7:26am

I hear also a lot of competitive players talk like the youtubers. Saying that bf1 is more casual than bf4.
Saying stuff like, bf4 is more skill ful than bf1 because you have to control the recoil they claim that bf1 doesn't have any recoil control needs.
Or complain about spread since they don't seem to understand how to burst fire in bf1.

They are out of touch with the game and since they only know bf4,s micro burst aka killing people at over 40 meters with a AEK.
Or people say but muh gun diversity. Yet most people who play for example Operation Locker use only AEK s and ace 23.
When they die they blame the game instead of themselves.

Only problem I have with bf1 atm is the spawning system and the grenade spam, the otherwise bf1 is pretty balanced already.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 20th 2017, 7:55am

Or people say but muh gun diversity. Yet most people

it's sad that due to the "most people" the ones who actually think what they speak end up looking as people who want more than they will ever use.

then again, i am the first user of the phrase "but most people..." so i can understand, it's just sad that the minority in a minority is what the first minority should fully be in the first place, but isn't.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:13am

I have complained about the Medic assault combo ever since BF3 launched. I continued to do so with BF4 as despite it having much less of an issue due to other weapons being viable and AR's themeslvoles requiring much, much (x10) than BF3 to use, it still left many modes SATURATED with what I termed , 'medic rambo meta'.

Honestly the only popular youtubers that are not complete idiots are Matimio and Westie. Matimio actively tries to use every single weapon, recently he made a video praising the Huot whereas most of the others dismiss it as trash. This perhaps encourages players to use these weapons more and not just rely on their 19165 while claiming how casual the game is. Westie also praised the 1906, claiming that 'most people do not know how to use this gun' , a gun deemed useless by Levelcap.

The only one I cannot stand is Xfactor, as his ideas are just wrong and he tries to sound like a 'pro' by using a lot of game jargon. At least the other ones are entertaining to watch.

The Assault Rifle + medic is the ULTIMATE casual element from BF3 and BF4. And despite the issues Hardline had, class viability was an enormous improvement, especially in its final state

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,363)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:16am

Medic Assault is still here though.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:30am

Seems to me BF1 has managed far MORE gun diversity with far fewer weapons. The sweetspot mechanic even managed to differentiate bolt actions to a far larger degree than BF4 ever did. The only class of weapons that was very diverse in gameplay terms were LMGs because they at least toyed around with different round types and mag sizes. All the ARs with the exception of the SCAR-H literally just sat on a plot of "ROF goes up, accuracy goes down". I like that in BF1 no class or weapon can "do it all". It actually makes me change class occasionally.

The fact that all the classes actually have useful gadgets this time around really makes a difference too. We've come a long way since BF3.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:50am

Actually, LevelCap has always said that he found the old Assault Rifle + Medic combination to be clearly overpowered. I'm not sure what you think you're referring to.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Monday, March 20th 2017, 11:06am

Yea he has said that many times. But I get the impression that he mentions this fact in isolation and then goes on to call out the game as the most casual BF, even though one of the most unbalanced elements has been removed. I can go into why I think BF1 is infact the least casual from BC2/BF3/BF4 but that would take an entire post

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, March 20th 2017, 2:18pm

Yea he has said that many times. But I get the impression that he mentions this fact in isolation and then goes on to call out the game as the most casual BF, even though one of the most unbalanced elements has been removed. I can go into why I think BF1 is infact the least casual from BC2/BF3/BF4 but that would take an entire post

Do it.