Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,008)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 12:38am

Yeah I suggested that as well. After all, entering animations were marketed as a new key feature of BF1 :D But going the extra way of continuing this, where it really mattered is obviously nothing they considered.

I do think this would help, because in two or three seconds a lot of damage can be dealt to a plane. Also it would decrease the actual health points of planes by 20% if they bail earlier. Ergo more downtime.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 12:41am

Precisely. If they bail early then they're basically wasting the asset, and effectively giving themselves less HP. Pilots that stick through til the end will then be far more effective because they'll win the proverbial game of chicken with the HP gauge.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 1:28am

Precisely. If they bail early then they're basically wasting the asset, and effectively giving themselves less HP. Pilots that stick through til the end will then be far more effective because they'll win the proverbial game of chicken with the HP gauge.
Disagree.

If you're in a no-win situation where the other player is actually decent and you can't shake them, you've got no AA to lure them into, and your friendly planes aren't helping, you will eventually get shot down. Much better pointing your nose and bailing onto a back flag early where you can cap or provide squad spawn then going down with the plane and definitely taking a trip to the respawn screen.

A plane that is flying a losing defensive battle is already a dead asset, it's not being wasted.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 1:44am

I should have put an "or" in there, because that's what I meant by less effective HP.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 1:56am

I should have put an "or" in there, because that's what I meant by less effective HP.
Still doesn't make sense.

Planes are usually in a situation where if they are taking damage they cannot deal damage at the same time.

Only real exceptions are taking AA gun or tail gunner head on, and both are high risk.

Otherwise, you're getting shot to shit from behind/from the ground. Under those circumstances if you can't evade, there is no gain in sticking until death vs pulling off an escape at the latest moment.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 2:08am

There are far too many situations to make sweeping generalizations here, we'd just be talking past each other.
Who has fun, wins.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,789)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 10:05pm

Yes, it's an attack plane. Yes, it was gliding and then I stalled it by shooting out the engine (physics duh)

7 Shots for 42%, an engine disable and wing damage from a single shooter.

@BleedingUranium
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,008)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 10:20pm

I was shooting at a bomber with my automatico last round saying to myself, "yeah symthic tells me this is oh so viable". Well I destroyed that one, netting a kill. That was nice.

I guess I have about five destroyed planes by firearms and maybe a couple more disables. It is doable, but it does put you in a dangerous position. It is the same as it was in BF4, you are always exposing yourself when you are shooting at planes. Like me, I always try to get into a jeep when one is available to counter them, but I rarely get anything out of it, usually I get killed either by the plane, if he is good enough to notice me, or I get sniped.

LIke in your video, this was obviously a very imbalanced round at that moment. Do you think a regular sniper on the enemy team could have pulled off the same thing that easily? I mean it is 30 seconds of downtime for you in an open are close to a flag.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 4:06am

Welcome to being a pilot. Everyone bails. Good to see non-pilots complaining about this too.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 4:45am

Welcome to being a pilot. Everyone bails. Good to see non-pilots complaining about this too.
Because it usually makes sense? Bailing out over the no-gozone is just spiteful though.

Most tankers die with their tanks because the paradigm is different. If the game designed made bailing unfavourable, people wouldn't do it.

Honestly who cares, it's just because people are kill obsessed.