Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JSLICE20" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 12:42am

No shit? Wow, nevermind then.

It could be because Fao Fortress is a terrible map though. :P
I think the particle physics is designed on that map to capture the feel of a dusty, mirage-like atmosphere because of the setting. Empire's Edge is kinda the same way in that the air appears thick and "wet" to resemble the wind carrying the surf as it crashes against the rocks.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 5:35pm

Again, everyone's yelling "muh farming", as if killing enemies to allow for friendlies to break through isn't the entire point of these vehicles. The fighter also spots enemies better than pretty much anything else. The only tactical advantage the other planes have is allowing parachutists to drop behind enemy lines.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 8:09pm

Again, everyone's yelling "muh farming", as if killing enemies to allow for friendlies to break through isn't the entire point of these vehicles. The fighter also spots enemies better than pretty much anything else. The only tactical advantage the other planes have is allowing parachutists to drop behind enemy lines.
No, that would be the Saint Chamond Standoff. Attack plane has identical spotting abilities as the trenchie anyway.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 10:23am

Lots of these conversations popping up around the place. Too little talk of the fact that infantry shred planes. A single K bullet followed up by 1 normal sniper bullet, will put 20HP damage into a plane before he has time to react. MG's are similarly effective, especially on a bipod. Even the 10A slug is surprisingly effective if they get close. Add in teamwork and the plane is either dead or forced to leave and rep, rendering the threat neutralised. Edit: This also gives high value to high velocity and *especially* low drag bullets.
As for the attack or bomber.... Heck, if you've got two players in either aircraft, they can take a giant shit on any fighter. It's speed isn't sufficient to run away (there are limits to the maps, he will hit out of bounds and have to turn towards you before long, taking a TON of damage in the process) and the fighter's only defence against the tail gunner is range (given the tail gunners' damage being higher and also spread). Even the bomber can dogfight a fighter, if the bomber is fully manned.
The plane flying high removes it from any cover and makes it vulnerable to infy ground fire. Flying low can provide cover from said infy (behind buildings/mountains/etc) but puts you at risk of being tank OHK'd.

I can see why people feel there might be a balance issue with fighters, but until people actually start trying to shoot them down I feel it's too soon to discuss.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CaptaPraelium" (Mar 28th 2017, 10:46am)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 10:37pm

And for people to actually bother shooting at them, there needs to be something more rewarding than 20 points of damage. Raw damage is decent where it is, but the ability to inflict Disables needs to be made much easier and more common.

Another change to vehicles with regards to points would make infantry actually engaging Tanks, and especially engaging Planes and repair Tanks far more common: Make points equivalent to total HP taken/repaired, instead of percentage of HP. The 15-20 points for a hit on an A7V or for trying to shoot down a plane that's causing trouble is massively discouraging, as is the tiny amount of points earned for repair work. If, however, that 15-20 was instead 150-200, we would see a fairly drastic increase in people doing and attempting to do these things.

1200 points (1000 + 200 for destruction) for a solo vehicle destroy would be pretty tempting for any player. And would you look at that, we don't even have to mess with existing gameplay.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,776)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 10:59pm

200 points of damage to disable a fighter part or 20%
240 points of damage to disable an attack plane part of 18%
280 points of damage to disable a bomber part or 8.75%

derived from in game tests
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 11:54pm

Lots of these conversations popping up around the place. Too little talk of the fact that infantry shred planes. A single K bullet followed up by 1 normal sniper bullet, will put 20HP damage into a plane before he has time to react. MG's are similarly effective, especially on a bipod. Even the 10A slug is surprisingly effective if they get close. Add in teamwork and the plane is either dead or forced to leave and rep, rendering the threat neutralised. Edit: This also gives high value to high velocity and *especially* low drag bullets.
As for the attack or bomber.... Heck, if you've got two players in either aircraft, they can take a giant shit on any fighter. It's speed isn't sufficient to run away (there are limits to the maps, he will hit out of bounds and have to turn towards you before long, taking a TON of damage in the process) and the fighter's only defence against the tail gunner is range (given the tail gunners' damage being higher and also spread). Even the bomber can dogfight a fighter, if the bomber is fully manned.
The plane flying high removes it from any cover and makes it vulnerable to infy ground fire. Flying low can provide cover from said infy (behind buildings/mountains/etc) but puts you at risk of being tank OHK'd.

I can see why people feel there might be a balance issue with fighters, but until people actually start trying to shoot them down I feel it's too soon to discuss.
The problem is still that infantry damage vs vehicles in general (both with gadgets and small arms) needs to be balanced around the fact that many infantry could be shooting at one vehicle at any given time. Certainly this is true of tanks vs k-bullets and RG fire, plus any enemy tanks.

This seems to be less true of planes.

So the real party trick is how to cure stupid and get people to unload their LMGs at planes? Coordination with blueberries feels like pulling teeth in BF1 for some reason.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,632)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 12:21am

It always ends up being about kills, points and a feeling of being rewarded by the game.

Today I was playing Soissons and these planes got on my nerves, so I jumped into a jeep that deals quite a lot of damage to planes. It was a bit frustrating though, because I might have gotten 500 points from it, I never got a kill, but died three times from snipers or the plane itself.
That is not fun. Even if the plane had been destroyed, the pilot would have gotten away, and I would have gotten 50 points for a disable. That is underwhelming. I say what I did before, pilot health should be tied to plane health and if you did a substantial amount of damage you should get a kill.

Right now shooting at any vehicle is making you a target and putting you at risk, this is a reason why many people do not bother. You might have dealt 80% damage to that fully loaded A7, but you might only get 80 points from damage and a kill assist of 10. This needs to be adressed.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 12:27am

Exit animations.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 12:34am

Exit animations.
Pilots will just bail at 20% instead of 5% then.