Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 2:31am

i'm not going to judge yet as i played only once and it was on the worst map(soissons) but... it was an 87 minutes long game.
i feel like this gamemode ABSOLUTELY needs a time limit of at least 60 minutes, people were quitting simply because they had to go to work.

the gameplay i guess was ok, it's definitely better than conquest(1 large flag>a bunch of small flags) and the new rush, but overall it is prone to camping tanks, on both my and the enemy's team there was at least 1 chammond tank that did nothing but stay 200 meters away from the objective sniping small targets.

the only 2 really good aspects i've seen so far in that single 1 and a half hour match are the fact it is a 32p gamemode(best playercount hands down) and that... it somehow felt very balanced, it was a constant push and pull, but it wasn't so when reaching the m-coms, it would usually go back and forth betwen the middle objectives and once in a lifetime one of the teams would reach the m-com twice in a row, then get pushed all the way back to their first flag, then again with the back and forth, and it kept on going for the whole time like this until the enemy tanks started to suck and our became really engaged against the enem's tanks, the smoke screens also helped with advancing, but overall it came down to who had the best tankers and the most infantry on flag.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(8,982)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 2:36am

If that is indeed what Frontline is about than it is indeed mindless.

Elimination of backcapping is something I have long desired.

It is easy to do and it provides massive disruption against the enemy.

The amount of effort players have to put in to weeding out backcappers is completely disproportionate to the power the tactic provides and the ease it can be executed with.

Frontline is pretty much a two-sided Rush or Operations match.

I doubt that, but in that case, a mode without any flags or objectives at all might be more appealing to the crowd.

Without the objectives, there is no way to control where the engagements happen.

The flag is a way for DICE to guide players to the action. This is something TDM lacks.

That does intrigue me though. Is there one fragment of BF1 that you do not thoroughly support? Or maybe one thing that you absolutely hate about BF1? I mean I am quite fond of you being the guy that knows so much about this game and still/hence totally enjoys this game, but I can not recall you saying anything negative about anything in this game.

• Camera shake introduced to FT Flanker
  • Sponsons shaking the Landship's main cannon
  • Behemoth spawning not taking into account the urgency it is needed
  • Large space around gimme flags such as on Argonne that lets backcappers hide easily
  • AT Mines not caring about speed of the vehicle and thus leading to AT Mines on Tank spawns
  • Lack of spawn invulnerability leading to instances where you can die the instant you spawn such as through Bayonet Charge
  • Melee still being ghetto reskinned guns
  • Passive Spotting not being used and the spotting system in general being clunkier
  • Trench Periscope only working on squadmates
  • Vehicle reload system going back to BF3 style infinite ammo
  • Pilot and Tanker class failing to actually stop bailing
  • Skill metric being worthless
  • Conquest being ruined by kills counting for tickets
  • War Pigeons not having a time limit
  • Mortar Landship
  • Fortress Gun not actually communicating it is doing damage to you
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 3:06am

Not okay with the long respawn times. possibly necessary for balance but slows the pace down.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 3:09am

I personally LOVE the fact that flanking pays no dividends. Plenty of other game modes for those that enjoy that type of tomfoolery.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(1,606)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 10:27am

@NoctyrneSAGA

I hope I did not come across mad at you or anything. I was genuinely curious, because every time I discuss stuff with you I feel like: "Damn, this game is basically totally tailored towards him." I find that impressing. Good on you.

Personally I am a harsh critic at all times, even with BF3 and 4, which I thought of as pinnacles of the franchise. If BF1 was a standalone title, or part of the CoD franchise I would be full of praise though. However this good game is part of the BF series so I can not isolate it from the previous games. And here I find the gun mechanics lacking over BF4, and the map design and general gameplay by far sub-par to BF3. I give them kudos for the balls to try something new, which was enough to support the game and buy it, but while it is fun and casual to play, I find no big feature that I thoroughly enjoy.

I was a bit unnerved by the frontlines last night, but playing one hour over 50m is just incredibly dull after a while. I do find it disturbing how unrewarding and (sort of) unwanted flanking in general is in this game, because this tactical component was the reason why I was so "good" in BF4. In BF1 it is all about a frontline, even in Conquest, where even basic tactic movement is rather discouraged and unrewarding, and I totally hate that, for me a stable frontline is only one letter more, than a stale frontline.
So maybe I was not totally fair with the mode, yesterday, but this is surely not my cup of tea. I am sincere though when I say, if you like it, go for it. This mode does seem to receive a bit of popularity right now, although this was the case for Carrier Assault as well. :D

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 10:58am

If that is indeed what Frontline is about than it is indeed mindless.

Elimination of backcapping is something I have long desired.

SO much this. I'm considering buying Premium just because of this game mode. A true flanking manoeuvre, as in, you are still in contact with your own team, setting up a crossfire and forcing the enemy to cover two directions at once, but not divided into two weaker forces, that's one thing, but the so-called 'flanking' which is back-capping, always grinded my gears. I question whether it should even be viable against a team with worthwhile defensive skill, but regardless... In the end it creates a gameplay where people spend more time running back there, when it could be more gunfights at the front line. The moment I saw the name of this gamemode I knew it was for me.

But I fear getting premium and having empty servers like Operations are here in AU. I'm not exactly flush right now and BF still has some bugs that make me feel I shouldn't go there yet. So.... Is it popular?

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 2:15pm

So I played one really good round of Frontlines yesterday out of 3 attempts: the first I joined through Quickmatch on Fort de Vaux. My team got steamrolled in less than 5 min. because, evidently, the concept of Frontlines was far too complicated for them to manage. There was an ENTIRE squad trying to back cap non-existent objectives...needless to say I left promptly. The second...well I couldn't even join. Apparently there's a bug related to Battlepacks now where a game will freeze or bug out when trying to access the 'Battlepacks' tab, at least when Frontlines/ They Shall not Pass is being played.

---------------------------

The third I joined through the Server Browser into Verdun Heights already in progress, 50 or so minutes to be exact. That same game continued for another 40-50 minutes, and my my was it a fun 40-50 minutes. When I joined, I was stuck by my lonesome because every other squad was full (3 full 5-man squads = 15 + me =16, boo) and my team was pushed back to their final flag (I believe it's C) at the Cote Battery and they really had no foothold at the Cote Battery. They were constantly pushing the right flank as a whole, so I snuck in from the left side to the battery itself and did the best I could with what resources I had. However one Assault soldier with an Automatico and grenades can only do so much. Within a couple minutes we were pushed back to the HQ where apparently one Telegraph was remaining at the hillside trenches.

This area is superb for defending and a fricken blast as well solely because of the trenchline where you can flank attackers by 'going over the top' while they are navigating through. We successfully defended with no Telegraph arm. This process of tugging between C and the HQ continued for a good 15 minutes more with the opposing team occasionally arming, but never destroying the final Telegraph. Before I knew it I was at like 50 kills which is really uncommon for me even in something like Conquest or Operations. Eventually, my team gained momentum or smartened up and we took C.

It was another 15 minutes of the back and forth between B, C, and our HQ once more before we finally captured B. There wasn't much of a struggle once we controlled B. It only took a couple attempts to grab A, but another 3 or 4 trying to destroy their Telegraphs where we got one on our first attempt and stagnated. Their forces could not retake A in any capacity once we had control; they got somewhat close one or two times, but we managed to flush them out. The small village at the German HQ is a great area to rack up kills as well, especially with an Automatico, te he ;). After a few failed attempts we got the the final Telegraph.

------------------------------

Some things to note: flanking the enemy frontline and killing them from behind is extremely effective when successfully executed, so don't be deceived into thinking that flanking is impossible or not worth it because it may have saved our bacon once or twice trying to capture C. 'Flanking' and 'back-capping' are entirely separate identifications in Frontlines. There is no back-capping, which is just annoying as all hell in Conquest and a huge reason why I am not particularly fond of it (here's looking at you Argonne and Amiens...), but there's plenty of room to flank the opponents directly to force an advantage if their attention is drawn elsewhere or they are preoccupied. In conclusion, you CAN flank to your heart's content but it will not be beneficial in that there isn't an entirely separate flag to capture.

The no time limit is phenomenal, I think. Consider this: In theory a single game could continue, well, forever. Now the same players won't play the same match "forever", but if some leave due to time others can take their place and if more leave other can take their place too and so on and so forth. Now this will rub those who desperately want or need XP or whatever the wrong way in that the end game screen may never come, but I like the concept as a pure fun element. However, if a time limit must be implemented I say 60 - 90 minutes is fair but I really think this could harm or artificially limit some otherwise really cool and fun matches. Nor to mention the complete sense if satisfaction once a victory is achieved. A super long game really puts an emphasis on how rewarding it is to win; and there's a significant sense of accomplishment as well. I particularly do not mind long games. I'd rather play one amazing game in a session than multiple crummy or okay ones.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 2:39pm

@CaptaPraelium

Premium has always been worth it, even since BF3 to me (I'm excluding Hardline here). Despite bugs and such, Battlefield has become my absolute favorite game since transitioning from Call of Duty 6 or 7 years ago (I was also only 16-17 at the time, but whatever haha). The difference in payments isn't that drastic ($50 vs. $15 each amounting to $60 if you purchase all), but a 2 week early access is a really nice payoff. There are also other benefits like a few extra Superior Battlepacks and server queue priority, but those are 'meh' features; they are nice to have, but don't make or break Premium itself. For the most part, Battlefield's DLCs have delivered satisfactory results to me, so deciding on Premium really only depends on if I like the base game because that will generally define what the extra content will feel, look, or play like. I adore BF1, aside from a few player-based issues which isn't directly related to the gameplay itself and the ever-present, directional sound problems, so Premium was an easy decision for me.
Bugs will always exist in a Frostbite game because of the sheer complexity of the engine, and they generally get fixed ASAP (the game breaking, really bad ones or easy to fix-ers), so I wouldn't let that deter you from making a decision.

The biggest thing is that you're in Australia, and I don't know what the player base is like in Australia or nearby countries with adequate ping. If the player base is relatively small, it is safe to assume only a percentage of that purchased Premium, so finding games may be challenging. Here in the US, the player base is big enough that the percentage who do buy Premium is sufficient to consistently find quality games before the generic release that inflates the percentage.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Mar 15th 2017, 2:51pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 15th 2017, 9:07pm

I agree

Really enjoyed Frontlines despite my 'meh' first impressions on the first try. This is probably because it was Soissons and more importantly, players were clueless, which also allowed me to go 80/15 with the Lewis suppresive :P. The back and forth nature culminating in the Rush gameplay. My experiences ranged from short 10 minute games to very long 60min + ones. The open nature of the game flow allows for masterful use of positioning, flanking and (my favourite) dirty tactics. It is an absolute blast to play with other people and teamwork can dramatically shorten the game.

Of course, time will tell whether or not this will stick with me, but I have very high hopes for BF1 in general as they have delivered on most of the things I think important.

I just wish DICE would commit to releasing at least one map per month or some weapons to keep a sense of 'freshness', as is the case with other games such as the MMO Runescape, which has weekly updates. I also hope to see the removal of paywalls around maps. I can accept cosmetics and weapons but everyone knows the effect of payed for maps. Short version, it sucks.

This is the first time I genuinely enjoyed a newly added DLC gamemode and I would very much like to see it extended to the vanilla maps, or at least some of them.

Happily, the maps also play out beautifully on Rush :]

BeefVellington

The Real Impostor

(276)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 1:22am

Update: Just had a nearly exactly 90 minute game (plus five seconds) on Soisson in which I earned over 200 kills.

This gamemode is fucking insane.