Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 7:49am

"Turning Tides" Expansion Confirmed Information and Speculation

The Battlefield website has been updated with the names and themes of all the DLC, this thread will be dedicated to TT news and speculation.
We probably won't get more info on this expansion for many months after this threads creation, but since we already have a good deal of info to speculate on in the form of the concept phto: And the press blurb: Participate in the amphibious warfare of WW1. Embark with the new destroyer into intense tactical naval clashes. Master the coastal class airship in the fierce interplay between land, air and sea. Engage in the daredevil Zeebrugge raid and storm the beaches in the first days of the Gallipoli offensive.

There is a lot to gather but lets start with the map in the concept art, The Zeebrugge Raid was an attempt to blockade a harbor for U-boats by crashing outdated ships into it, it was sold to the British people as a success, but in reality 227 Brits died while another 357 were injured along with the sinking of the HMS Northstar destroyer, while the Germans experienced a total of 8 casualties and the port cleared again with the high tide.

Obviously it probably won't play like that at all, perhaps we will see one of ships crash as a levelution event.

Now for the vehicles, and boy is there a lot, first off we have the mention of a new Destroyer, this could be the aforementioned HMS Northstar apearing as a Behemoth, but there is also the Coastal Class Airship, which is much smaller than the L30(and since it's non-rigid more squishy as well) so it could be a behemoth as well or a new air vehicle, these last 2 aren't mentioned but we can see what looks like a Sea Plane and there is in-game British dialog for spotting a submarine.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Sep 17th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:10am

I kind of wouldn't mind DICE bringing large scale activated levelution back, it may be tiring after the 10,000th time (especially when your own team is to blame). But that ability to change up map dynamics is pretty fun. Too bad even in BF4 where they tried to make it a big deal they made it meh, but it could add a lot of fun to the game.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:34am

I want to see this:

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:35am

I want to see this:

Yes please! I would bet that there will be this one odly detailed ship sitting on the CQ map that will be used for TDM, DOM and WP.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 11:49am

I hope we will see full-size destroyers/battlecruisers introduced as standard boats to truly put some naval warfare in.

My guess is that aside from the obvious Zeebrugge Raid and the Gallipoli Offensive, we will see the Black Sea Raid (which will be bundled with Gallipoli as an operation), and lastly the Seige of Tsingtsao, which was in part a naval battle, caused over a dispute over Austrian boat placement.

This means we will probably see some Japs introduced as well, along with their weaponry.

My estimates for new vehicle:

C-Class airship, as described in the teaser. THese were blimps armed with 2 LMG's and depth charges to detect subs easier due to a perpendicular view angle on the water, allowing them to hover over them and bomb them. S
Then we ofc will get U-Boats, mostly dedicated ship hunters
And lastly, we will get quasi-behemoth Destroyers/Battlecruisers.

My estimates for new weaponry:

I have no idea what Assault might bring, and they might bring nothing with this DLC making up for the 2 assault weapons the French DLC had.
Medic will of course be the Farquhar-Hill rifle; pretty much a dead-giveaway.
The Support will get the Darne, which was designed with ship usage in mind. It might also be the Burton instead; a gun designed at first for taking down blimps but was later reworked into being a weird BAR with 2 top-mounted magazines and different ammo.
Scout will probably get the Ariska or Murata
The Nambu Pistol will probably get introduced as a sidearm for all classes.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 4:10pm

Hey, I have a Nambu pistol. Shame I have no idea if it can fire or not.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 6:06pm

I kind of wouldn't mind DICE bringing large scale activated levelution back, it may be tiring after the 10,000th time (especially when your own team is to blame). But that ability to change up map dynamics is pretty fun. Too bad even in BF4 where they tried to make it a big deal they made it meh, but it could add a lot of fun to the game.
Levolution failed because it over-promised but under-delivered. It also often look a lot of explosive gadgetry to pull off (shanghai tower, radio dish), and then at the end of the day didn't dramatically change the face of the map. It would change one flag heavily and that would maybe spill over to neighboring flags such as on shanghai. But meh.

It was a lot of overhead for a pretty limited mechanic, and one that generated a lot of crashing and client instability on release to boot. Shanghai tower going down was routinely crashing out half the server pop on PC for a good long while into the release.

If they made levolution such that it was an actual useful objective for the attacking team on a conquest assault-type map (ie where you start off with asymmetric tickets/flag control), it could/would be interesting or at least be part of the logical assault progression even after the 10,000th time. Instead of just being derpy.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 10:45pm

@colers
I can see us getting the maps you mentioned, it would mean we would only get one operation but I think that's fine.

On the subject of vehicles I have a theory that with each DLC we will get a new vehicle that we can use on existing maps thanks to BF1's style of vehicle spawning.
For TSNP we are obviously getting the Saint Chamond, for INT we will probably just get new cavalry loadouts unless DICE wants to add the Austin-Kégresse or Whippet Tank, but I am pretty confident in TT we will get a new air vehicle in the form of a sea plane or blimp.
I don't know how they would make a sea plane interesting but I think a small blimp like a C-Class would make for interesting new gameplay, it would be a large target but have good firepower and be impervious to small arms(anything below an HMG round).

I really want there to be at least 5 weapons per class by the end of all the DLC so here is the ones I would like to see:
  • For Assault the Maxim SMG, it is a stretch but at least it has a model in existence, more than can be said for the Hellriegel.
  • For Medic the Farquar Hill Rifle and the Madsen Rasmussen.
  • For Support the Darne.
  • For Scout hopefully the Arisaka.
I won't cry if they don't add another single pistol to the game.

Date of registration
: Sep 17th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 11:05pm

If they made levolution such that it was an actual useful objective for the attacking team on a conquest assault-type map (ie where you start off with asymmetric tickets/flag control), it could/would be interesting or at least be part of the logical assault progression even after the 10,000th time. Instead of just being derpy.
That's pretty much what I meant giving it more of a role in map proggression.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 11:51pm

@colers
I can see us getting the maps you mentioned, it would mean we would only get one operation but I think that's fine.

On the subject of vehicles I have a theory that with each DLC we will get a new vehicle that we can use on existing maps thanks to BF1's style of vehicle spawning.
For TSNP we are obviously getting the Saint Chamond, for INT we will probably just get new cavalry loadouts unless DICE wants to add the Austin-Kégresse or Whippet Tank, but I am pretty confident in TT we will get a new air vehicle in the form of a sea plane or blimp.
I don't know how they would make a sea plane interesting but I think a small blimp like a C-Class would make for interesting new gameplay, it would be a large target but have good firepower and be impervious to small arms(anything below an HMG round).

I really want there to be at least 5 weapons per class by the end of all the DLC so here is the ones I would like to see:
  • For Assault the Maxim SMG, it is a stretch but at least it has a model in existence, more than can be said for the Hellriegel.
  • For Medic the Farquar Hill Rifle and the Madsen Rasmussen.
  • For Support the Darne.
  • For Scout hopefully the Arisaka.
I won't cry if they don't add another single pistol to the game.

Once again, due to the glaring lack of the Carcanno which should be Italy's SIR, I think will we get a "weapon crate" DlC after all main DLC's have been released featuring the Maxim SMG, Madsen Rasmussen, Kjellman and the Carcanno