Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, June 12th 2017, 1:55am

@Iplaygames96
I personally don't think we will see the Potato Digger due to its trigger placement making it difficult to fire without a tripod but it has to be mentioned as it is the only LMG fielded by Russia that isn't in the game already.

The Fedorov Model 13 is a 5 round SLR that served as the basis for the Fedorov Avtomat.

BF1 already has many anachronistic things such as the Char 2c(operational 1921) and Limpet charge(1940s) so I don't think it would be that out of place, that said the Fedorov @Iplaygames96
I personally don't think we will see the Potato Digger due to its trigger placement making it difficult to fire without a tripod but it has to be mentioned as it is the only LMG fielded by Russia that isn't in the game already.

The Fedorov Model 13 is a 5 round SLR that served as the basis for the Fedorov Avtomat.

BF1 already has many anachronistic things such as the Char 2c(operational 1921) and Limpet charge(1940s) so I don't think it would be that out of place, that said the Fedorov-Dgtyarev is basically just a Federov Avtomat with a water jacket and the Model 1913 is boring so there isn't much reason for them to get added.

I always forget about the M1910 SL, that said I think its large cartridge and primary magazine being 4 rounders would make for a good 2HK weapon, somewhere in between revolvers and the RSC in terms of range except with a decent firerate and horrible recoil.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Monday, June 12th 2017, 2:07am

I always forget about the M1910 SL, that said I think its large cartridge and primary magazine being 4 rounders would make for a good 2HK weapon

Also both the french and russians (incidentally the themed faction of the dlc) used a domestic manufactured 8 round magazine
Bild005.jpg Photo by hauptfeldwebel | Photobucket
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu349…/Win1910002.jpg

If it were to have a 8 round magazine and a two shot kill, the damage would probably be 53-28 with a range profile equating to about 8M-40M with a rate of fire of probably 257RPM
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, June 12th 2017, 2:08am

I really hope we eventually get some sort of "Tank Superiority" (and also "Air Superiority") game mode. 600,000 Tanker points for the Sawn-Off is quite brutal. I don't deny the current killing power of tanks, but the REAL points are in capturing objectives, which most tanks are too slow to effectively compete for. That's unless you want to drive the fragile artillery/AA/mortar truck into a hailstorm of AT Grenades. . .

Also, "1912 Russian Standard Grenade?"

So, the massive "Lantern Head" is confirmed?

This grenade reportedly used 613 grams of Dynamite (RE factor of 1.25). In comparison, a Stielhandgranate (Stick Grenade) uses 170 grams of TNT. This means that the Lantern Head would have had about 4.5 times the explosive power of a Stielhandgranate. Russia must of found this grenade to be a bit too powerful and dangerous to the user (along with his comrades). As such, it was replaced with the less, albeit still beefy, powerful 1914 grenade which used Picric Acid/TNP (presumably 320+ grams, judging by the later 1914/30 version which used 320 grams of TNT). Had the Germans brought to the Russians significant amounts of tanks, I think the Lantern Head would have seen increased use (as it would have really only been bested by a large Geballte Ladung, as far as I know).

That makes me wonder about its use in-game. Is it going to be more anti-infantry, anti-tank, or what?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, June 12th 2017, 2:11am

I like the BF1 tanks. I prefered the 2142/BF3/BF4 setup for heavy armor but BF1 armor plays alright.

On the one hand, I like how simple and exploitable tanking has become. But their inherently slow nature makes using them little more than producing a series of "if... then..." statements. Well, maybe more so in Operations where things are more repetitive and therefore predictable. That said, I do like how that allows you to formulate and work on strategies or battle plans for it. Carefully manoeuvring a Light Flanker Tank to single-handedly blast through a dug in 32-man defence is certainly not a bad feeling. But that's about as good as tanking gets for me in BF1.

It doesn't leave you with that thrill of living on your wits in an MBT/IFV, darting about Golmud Railway trying to shut down key areas against enemy armour or pockets of infantry. Acting on instinct, according to the unique situation you find yourself in. Trying your best to micromanage a complex, organic battlefield. I think it's that that is properly rewarding.

So I don't feel the Russian DLC will be found wanting if it's short on heavy armour.

BF4 armor was basically invulnerable if you had a repair person and used the smoke-screen. You could out tank any enemy that was not using the equivalent setup and could simply escape otherwise. For pub-stomping I usually ran support + vehicle perk tree so that I could hot swap with gunner soflam so they could deploy infinite laser guided javs vs helos from within the smokescreen. IFV + TOW + soflam gunner was basically a point and shoot game against anything but jets.

The BF1 space is much flatter. You basically take the saint chamond standoff, or the gas tank. Or the TH if there are serious bomber/enemy armor problems. That's it.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 12th 2017, 2:12am

I really hope we eventually get some sort of "Tank Superiority" (and also "Air Superiority") game mode. 600,000 Tanker points for the Sawn-Off is quite brutal. I don't deny the current killing power of tanks, but the REAL points are in capturing objectives, which most tanks are too slow to effectively compete for. That's unless you want to drive the fragile artillery/AA/mortar truck into a hailstorm of AT Grenades. . .

Not anymore. Flag caps aren't worth shit. Flag control is worth more now and midflag defense is where BF1 tanks excel.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, June 12th 2017, 2:17am

So, if I want big, easy points as a Tanker now, all I have to do is pretty much hide in the safety of my deployment when I have a team that can confidently hold the majority of the flags without me? I mean, that'd make things. . . boring, I guess, but also way too convenient.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, June 12th 2017, 2:46am

I really hope we eventually get some sort of "Tank Superiority" (and also "Air Superiority") game mode. 600,000 Tanker points for the Sawn-Off is quite brutal.

Definitely. After nine months, I finally unlocked it (the very last base game weapon) a couple days ago.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 12th 2017, 3:51am

So, if I want big, easy points as a Tanker now, all I have to do is pretty much hide in the safety of my deployment when I have a team that can confidently hold the majority of the flags without me? I mean, that'd make things. . . boring, I guess, but also way too convenient.

No, you need to score flag defense kills.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Monday, June 12th 2017, 4:16am

I think we should see the schwarzlose m1898 pistol
Schwarzlose 1898 Semiauto Pistol - YouTube
Schwarzlose Model 1898 - Wikipedia

These pistols were initially made for the german military but were never purchased because they didnt meet german handgun requirements. They were then sold to the russian social democratic insurrectionist party in 1905 but were confiscated mid delivery by the russian government(for the obvious reason of keeping weapons out of the hands of political anarchists). the confiscated pistols were then issued to the russian frontier guard which would make it a historically accurate weapon to find in this DLC
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: May 15th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, June 12th 2017, 9:51am

When will the Russian DLC hit CTE?