Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 3:09am

Those bombers look amazing, and are almost certainly a new class to themselves. Really, just absolutely every single aspect of this DLC looks amazing, bar the long wait of course. I'm very excited!
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 4:23am

Those bombers look amazing, and are almost certainly a new class to themselves. Really, just absolutely every single aspect of this DLC looks amazing, bar the long wait of course. I'm very excited!

Behemoth?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 4:25am

Behemoth?

Two at once as a Behemoth is possible, true, though I do hope they're standard selectable vehicles. Or at least that we get the ability to play with Behemoths in empty servers by then.
Who has fun, wins.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(439)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 4:37am

Behemoth?

Two at once as a Behemoth is possible, true, though I do hope they're standard selectable vehicles. Or at least that we get the ability to play with Behemoths in empty servers by then.
I think a plane Behemoth would be terrible, as it would either be immediately crashed into the ground 90% of the time or make it on rails and give the driver nothing to do but click to drop bombs.
My guess is it will either be a new vehicle class like you said or just be the Russian version of the bomber(hit boxes don't affect balance right?).
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 4:57am

I'm sure it'll be a transport vehicle, albeit better armed than the armored transport vehicles we currently have.

Also, this upcoming DLC better have aerosanis, which did see use by Russia during WW1. It'd be a missed opportunity if it doesn't.

(Some aerosanis from the era.)

I doubt that an armored truck with a 76mm cannon will be a transport, with its two front facing HMGs and back mounted cannon with an additional auxiliary HMG attached, I think it will be a side grade to the current Pierce Arrow truck we have with better firepower and possibly armor at the cost of maneuverability and turret rotation.

I'm always up for a snowmobile.

This almost looks like a work of steampunk fiction :D
I suppose soviet ingenuity wasnt always soviet all along
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 7:00am

Also, Imagine a sentry kit rather than wielding an mg08/15, wielded the colt m1895 potato digger that was used en masse by Russia(the US leased 14,850 M1895/1914 machine guns chambered in 7.62R to russia )

M1895 Colt?Browning machine gun - Wikipedia

Albany 2013 M1895 "Potato digger" belt fed machine gun - YouTube
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 11:18am

Did I miss anything from the trailer? I thought it was just more of the same traileresque scenes, but in snow. Granted the quality is rather high again, but I did not see something that makes my heart beat faster, however I was rather appalled by the release date and the ominous "most extensive DLC ever"-flag.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 11:42am

Judging by the lack of (visible) gunner seats and the way both heavy bombers fly in formation at all times during the trailer, I have a feeling this is really just a return of the bombing run from Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 4: China Rising.

EDIT: Artwork actually shows at least one gunner. However, it's seems to be missing the lower canopy machine gun (which would be an extremely effective spot to put a 20mm autocannon).

This almost looks like a work of steampunk fiction
I suppose soviet ingenuity wasnt always soviet all along

Looking at much of the experimental vehicles Russia designed prior to and during WW1, those aerosanis are probably about the least "steampunk" of their inventions. They've thought up some very ridiculous shit.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Jun 11th 2017, 11:59am)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 1:40pm

"Pilot the massive Ilya-Muromets Heavy Bomber". I doubt they'd use the word "pilot" if it was on-rails, not to mention you can see it change elevation in the trailer. Even if it isn't a behemoth, I find the current Bombers to be too vulnerable to actually ever choose over the competition, so I hope this one offers something that makes it finally worth picking. I can't see it just being a Russian-skinned standard Bomber though, since its added size would do nothing for it but make it even more cumbersome and vulnerable.

Also, having read the new map descriptions, I like how there's little mention of tanks. Albion appears to only feature infantry and aircraft which could make for a new, interesting dynamic. Galicia focuses on infantry, cavalry and light vehicles (I like the sound of that) and Brusilov Keep appears to be infantry only. Lupkow Pass doesn't offer much detail, but the verticality of the map suggests little to no tanks.

Even though I've spent a lot of time in BF1's tanks, it's clear that next to no one really enjoys using or fighting those clunky, metal boxes. Whereas cavalry and light-armour offer much more fluid and exciting gameplay to compliment the infantry action.

I can't wait.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 2:56pm

It is still a game about large scale combined warfare, so they should bloody well address that to make it enjoyable for everyone. Otherwise you can just play ANY other shooter. It is the standalone feature after all. All-out warfare. Yeah infantry focused maps are hugely popular, but maybe it will get into DICE's head, that it is their shit map design that kills half the fun of this game.

As for the behemoth I can not see how it will be fully maneuverable, people will just crahs it otherwise. At the very best you will be able to move it like the Dreadnought or the Airhsip. Possible movement around one or two axes. You will certainly not be able to crash into things. It stands to reason.