Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:16pm

You know the General Liu getting the fire selection thing and the Mosin getting a new reload animation does make me wonder if we'll ever see retroactive updates to the already existing guns.

just one? dude, the mosin has only 2 standard animations(1 bullet and full clip) everything else it's unique andapparently very fast compared to the other rifles, maybe it's just placebo, but it has some of the best looking reloads in the entire game.
it kinda reminded me of bf1943, where bolt action rifles had a different animation for each bolt cycle(though that's something quite different to this)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:23pm

You know the General Liu getting the fire selection thing and the Mosin getting a new reload animation does make me wonder if we'll ever see retroactive updates to the already existing guns.

just one? dude, the mosin has only 2 standard animations(1 bullet and full clip) everything else it's unique andapparently very fast compared to the other rifles, maybe it's just placebo, but it has some of the best looking reloads in the entire game.
it kinda reminded me of bf1943, where bolt action rifles had a different animation for each bolt cycle(though that's something quite different to this)

The Mosin is really interesting. To load one shot, you load one single bullet in a distinctive "nose pointed down" way. To load two, your character grabs two at once in their hand and loads them quickly after each other. To load three, it combines the "load two" animation then the "load one" animation after. Skipping to loading five, you load with a full stripper clip, notably doing that special Mosin trick to make the clip eject. And to load four, your character grabs the ejecting shell and puts it in her pocket, then does the "load five" clip animation.

So four distinct animations, all combined in different ways to make each bullet count unique. And it looks amazing.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:33pm

Personally, I do not think the game is worth 60 even with all DLCs included, after all, will be out for at least 18 months when the final DLC hits. This does sound like a Premium Lite edition.

Jesus christ what kind of value proposal will satisfy you?

I am more concerned that you're still buying stuff before it releases and that hardly qualifies for a GOTY edition. And by the time your GOTY is actually released it will be 18 months into the dev cycle.

Also, I recall buying BF1 and Premium for 90, so a price reduction of a third is not that much. Keep in mind that you pay for 60 a 10 month old game, which is the base game plus the content from TSNP currently. Vanilla has been sold for 30 as well; so you would, as of now, be paying 30 for 4 new maps and not much else but the promise to deliver more DLCs soon.
With the premium friends stuff and the amount of free maps added, I see little value in having bought Premium at release for 30 and even less buying it now, I guess the Premium Friends and other changes will last longer and be more frequent. And then there are the issues the game has inherently and that there is a vastly different, but really good shooter available for half the prize and a solif playerbase for months to come, on PC that is. BF1 is just not very relevant on PC and that is a shame, that is why the game is not worth the 60 with the offer.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:58pm

Personally, I do not think the game is worth 60 even with all DLCs included, after all, will be out for at least 18 months when the final DLC hits. This does sound like a Premium Lite edition.

I am more concerned that you're still buying stuff before it releases and that hardly qualifies for a GOTY edition. And by the time your GOTY is actually released it will be 18 months into the dev cycle.

Also, I recall buying BF1 and Premium for 90, so a price reduction of a third is not that much. Keep in mind that you pay for 60 a 10 month old game, which is the base game plus the content from TSNP currently. Vanilla has been sold for 30 as well; so you would, as of now, be paying 30 for 4 new maps and not much else but the promise to deliver more DLCs soon.
With the premium friends stuff and the amount of free maps added, I see little value in having bought Premium at release for 30 and even less buying it now, I guess the Premium Friends and other changes will last longer and be more frequent. And then there are the issues the game has inherently and that there is a vastly different, but really good shooter available for half the prize and a solif playerbase for months to come, on PC that is. BF1 is just not very relevant on PC and that is a shame, that is why the game is not worth the 60 with the offer.

Even non-dedicated players generally rack up 100 or so hours over the lifecycle of a single BF game. For that, 60 euros should suffice; it is easily three times the industry average of playtime.

The DLC's, in total, add 200% more map content, and almost 100% more weapon content, as well as new vehicles and other mechanics such as the lance.

I can't concieve how people think this is a bad fucking value proposal. I've gotten pretty irate over people saying premium is "too expensive", despite it literally turning the rest of the industry with the sole exception of Witcher 3 into a laughing stock in terms of DLC bang-for-buck, but saying that the full game and the entire DLC pack would be overprised at 60? Saying it is "not much of a price reduction" (Even this is completely false given the average price decay of multiplayer games) might be somewhat true, but saying its "still too expensive" seems to be an absurd rejection of the value proposal the game has. I can't find any large multiplayer game other than the battlefield franchise (which did it to bring back a playerbase and restore its rep) that drops prizes by half in a year time.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 12:22am

Even non-dedicated players generally rack up 100 or so hours over the lifecycle of a single BF game. For that, 60 euros should suffice; it is easily three times the industry average of playtime.

The DLC's, in total, add 200% more map content, and almost 100% more weapon content, as well as new vehicles and other mechanics such as the lance.

I can't concieve how people think this is a bad fucking value proposal. I've gotten pretty irate over people saying premium is "too expensive", despite it literally turning the rest of the industry with the sole exception of Witcher 3 into a laughing stock in terms of DLC bang-for-buck, but saying that the full game and the entire DLC pack would be overprised at 60? Saying it is "not much of a price reduction" (Even this is completely false given the average price decay of multiplayer games) might be somewhat true, but saying its "still too expensive" seems to be an absurd rejection of the value proposal the game has. I can't find any large multiplayer game other than the battlefield franchise (which did it to bring back a playerbase and restore its rep) that drops prizes by half in a year time.

I draw different conclusions than you, but that is cool if you fnd enjoyment in the game. I spend 300ish hours in BF1 as well, a third of the time of BF3 and a quarter of what I had in BF4. That is still a lot of time, you are right, but all my mates will likely never pick up BF1 again, the community (not the game) is dead so I will likely not find new guys to play with, and then the game is not a lot of fun for me at all, when compared to the predecessors. Reasons have been discussed to death. It's also not me alone, but players and groups seem to dwindle away.
I never regretted Premium in BF3-4 and always thought that the price scheme was more than justified, I am willing to spend a bit of money on my games, but it is just that the game is shit (to me and many others) that I can only advise not to buy it for 60. Also it leaves a stale taste in my mouth that they resell premium again, although it is a failed system for this game, I would very much be happier if the maps were all free from now and the Premium buyers would get the weapons. I think they are trying for a last cashgrab with this, knowing that, while BF1 was a success in sales, it surely is not in terms of players and EA will have a hard time keeping these sturdy few together. And of course releasing a GOTY edition, that is actually just the state of the game in mid-dev-cycle is misleading. Right now, it does not add 200% to the game, but rather the promise to provide this content within 6+ months.

Personally I am rather appalled for the road they took for BF1, and I can sadly say that I had not one round of the game that was close to reaching the fun levels of BF3 or 4. So my playtime is not really representative of bang-for-the-buck.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 1:51am

On the subject of different damage models on GenLiu not being possible, can't it be treated as a different type of ammunition?

Like the BF3 XBOW having 4 different bolts.

I'm more than sure that devs have already tested what I'm suggesting, just seems odd how at least a makeshift damage model change couldn't be implemented.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 2:54am

It's just the principle of it... I hate playing way out of my normal playstyle just to unlock DLC guns I paid for...

you know that's the funny thing, because i don't even know i hae ormal playstyle of my own, i mean, i guess you could say underbarrel m320fb with l85 hbarrel 3.4x scope is my playstyle in bf4, but is it my nromal playstyle... i honesstly don't know howwould i play if i didn't have objectives and thus someone chosing for me how t play.

maybe that's why ilost interest in gaming recently?

as for progression, i already said how i feel like 12 somwehat easy to get things are way more fun and possibly time consuming than 4 gigantic ones.

Personally, if ever a time came when I was bored in BF3 days, I could easily make up my own "objectives" for the night or week, just to challenge myself...

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 3:33am

that wouldn't be satisfying though, i mean, the longest headshot objective felt satisfyin because it was a fixed number(and i always liked snipers anyway) and getting in the top 50 of m320fb users on pc was fun because the m320fb was a weapon that spread haoppyness and joy... but pretty much any other non in-game objective i set for myself felt utterly boring and disappointing, how come it wasn't the case for you?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 4:22am

Thanks, Donneh on teh PeeSea!

https://twitter.com/DANNYonPC/status/891700725360799744

(Hype is real.)

Changing the damage model based on firing mode might be impossible due to engine limitation and / or makes it too confusing to the user. Here's what I think would make more sense:

• Base ADS Spread -> 0
  • H-Recoil and SIPS -> 0
    and / or
  • Artificial RoF cap to match the firing animation, so both H-Recoil and SIPS will completely recover before allowing the next round to be fired

Basically matching Scout Single-Action Rifles in terms of function, if not the damage model.

Finally, give the same "feature" to the Mondragon, which has the exact same function.

But firing mode on double battel shotgun can change damage model
Heilreaggal is the best 4 assault, Sweeper/Selblaster 1916 4 medic, MG 15 4 support and Martin-Genry 4 sniper

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 5:43am

But firing mode on double battel shotgun can change damage model

No, not at all. It doesn't fire both at once, it fires a two-round burst at a very high RoF.
Who Enjoys, Wins