Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 31st 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, July 31st 2017, 5:49pm

What? The CR has the same TTK as the 1907 at close range. Inside the gun's damage falloff, the only noticeable difference is the 26 bullet magazine capacity of the 1907 vs the CR's 10.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 31st 2017, 5:59pm

On top of that, I think people put too much stock in TTK charts. At close range the person who is hipfiring and ADADing wins. ADS at 10 meters and you'll often lose track of people crouchsliding and sidestepping because of the iron sight obstruction and muzzle flash. And when you ADS your horizontal ADAD velocity is much lower, and there's a delay before you can even bring up your sights while adsing, while the hip firer has already started shooting.

That's why I gave up on the auto 8 .25 extended, btw.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, July 31st 2017, 6:06pm

What? The CR has the same TTK as the 1907 at close range. Inside the gun's damage falloff, the only noticeable difference is the 26 bullet magazine capacity of the 1907 vs the CR's 10.

Auto .25 TTK is 360 vs 426 where the BTK bump hurts it.

Shouldn't have included 1907 it that list.

On top of that, I think people put too much stock in TTK charts. At close range the person who is hipfiring and ADADing wins. ADS at 10 meters and you'll often lose track of people crouchsliding and sidestepping because of the iron sight obstruction and muzzle flash. And when you ADS your horizontal ADAD velocity is much lower, and there's a delay before you can even bring up your sights while adsing, while the hip firer has already started shooting.

That's why I gave up on the auto 8 .25 extended, btw.

And hipfiring most of the SLRs causes you to miss somewhat unless the enemy is filling your screen. Auto .25 hardly has "bad" hipfire anyway.

You're basically saying CR Trench "Bestgun" because it can do ok in CQB and do ok at midrange. So you're basically just moving the goalposts depending on which side of the argument someone comes at it from.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "tankmayvin" (Jul 31st 2017, 6:16pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 31st 2017, 6:25pm

Yeah, I am. It's my opinion, hah. YMMV, but my KPM among the medic SLRs is highest with the CR trench, 1907 trench, and auto 8 .25 extended at 1.5 kills/minute. This is equivalent to my KPM with the BAR, but trails my KPM with shotguns which are all at 2+. Of the three medic SLRs listed the CR trench is my favorite as it has favorable performance out to 30 meters.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, July 31st 2017, 8:23pm

Just as a sidenote, Amazon France has posted a picture of BF1: Revolution (the GOTY edition). It will entail all DLCs for 60 and will release on ther 22nd of August, mind you before the second of four DLCs has been released. EA is really serious about killing off Premium. Personally, I do not think the game is worth 60 even with all DLCs included, after all, will be out for at least 18 months when the final DLC hits. This does sound like a Premium Lite edition.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, July 31st 2017, 8:34pm

Thanks, Donneh on teh PeeSea!

https://twitter.com/DANNYonPC/status/891700725360799744

(Hype is real.)

Changing the damage model based on firing mode might be impossible due to engine limitation and / or makes it too confusing to the user. Here's what I think would make more sense:

• Base ADS Spread -> 0
  • H-Recoil and SIPS -> 0
    and / or
  • Artificial RoF cap to match the firing animation, so both H-Recoil and SIPS will completely recover before allowing the next round to be fired

Basically matching Scout Single-Action Rifles in terms of function, if not the damage model.

Finally, give the same "feature" to the Mondragon, which has the exact same function.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, July 31st 2017, 9:49pm

Also just because I'm sort of curious, what sort of reticles does everyone use? I've been using dots for the weird lee enfield reflex thingies and crosses for everything else but I'm wondering if I should change it up a bit.

I use (as close as possible) the real-world-correct reticle for every sight, and it just so happens that that provides excellent variety, and also suits each role well. For zoom level, I have them similarly setup and consistent. Every sight of the same type is identical, no matter what weapon it's on, and it provides excellent consistency.

Iron Sights: 1x / Standard Irons

Lens Sights: 2x / Cross

MG Suppressive: 3x / Chevron

SLR Marksman: 3x / Post

MG Telescopic / BA Marksman: 4x / Cross

SLR Sniper: 4x / Beam

BA Sniper: 5x / Beam

----

As for the "best SLR" discussion, I definitely have to vote for the Cei-Rigotti Optical, it's the only gun in the class that feels it always does what I need it to do, without having some incredibly frustrating flaw, or one I have to change my gameplay around. If I had to play BF1 with only one gun, it would be the C-R Optical.

----

I'm reaaaaally interested in how the Liu's bolt action mode is going to work, it's so interesting.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, July 31st 2017, 9:59pm

Personally, I do not think the game is worth 60 even with all DLCs included, after all, will be out for at least 18 months when the final DLC hits. This does sound like a Premium Lite edition.

Jesus christ what kind of value proposal will satisfy you?

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, July 31st 2017, 10:23pm

You know the General Liu getting the fire selection thing and the Mosin getting a new reload animation does make me wonder if we'll ever see retroactive updates to the already existing guns.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:07pm

You know the General Liu getting the fire selection thing and the Mosin getting a new reload animation does make me wonder if we'll ever see retroactive updates to the already existing guns.

The lead animator has just said there's a chance the Liu's BA function could get scrapped, at least for the initial release, simply because it's such a late and complex addition. He does love these details, so it's possible that if it does we'll see it patched in, and I know he does want to properly implement the M1903 Infantry / Pedersen Device combo later on if he gets the chance, they're understandably waaaaaay to busy to even think about anything like that right now. I already asked him if the M1900 Sawed Off may get the single-shell reload and both-barrels fire mode that its larger sibling is getting, and again, something to think about maybe a few months from now, once they aren't rushing to get a crazy amount of new content shipped.
Who has fun, wins.