Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:09am

In the world of the metallic cartridge, it is silly. However, back when cap-and-ball revolvers were still in common use, carrying extra loaded cylinders wouldn't have been a bad idea (assuming the revolver had relatively fast and easy disassembly and reassembly). DICE must have gotten this idea from old cap-and-ball revolvers, me thinks.

I remember seeing a Western years and years ago where the protagonist did exactly this, had like four spare cylinders on him and swapped them out. (Edit: Pale Rider was the one, I finally know the name now)

As for how practical it is in BF1, we don't have the reload times yet but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the empty cylinder swap reload is going to be notably faster than the six-round (one remaining) reload.
Who has fun, wins.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BleedingUranium" (Jul 7th 2017, 7:20am)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:52am

Yeah, it'll likely be faster. Although, I must say that if DICE is that concerned about the revolver's reload speed, they could have implemented the 1910 model with a swing-out cylinder. Of course, the Nagant M1895 is the iconic model and the one that actually saw use (the 1910 models are almost certainly unicorns today).

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 8:24am

Double-post bump update!

Bumpdate?

Uri is seemingly correct about the amount of actual new guns, thankfully. The Maxim SMG, General Liu Rifle, Perino M1908, Vetterli M1870, and Obrez have been supposedly "leaked" via the CTE.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Jul 18th 2017, 8:31am)

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2017

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 9:40am

What leaks do you speak of?

Another high capacity SMG? Reddit will be unbearable for a few weeks after its release lol.

Date of registration
: Jul 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 2:13pm

Uri is seemingly correct about the amount of actual new guns, thankfully. The Maxim SMG, General Liu Rifle, Perino M1908, Vetterli M1870, and Obrez have been supposedly "leaked" via the CTE.

If that's the case, then I count one SMG for assault (the maxim SMG), one SLR for medic (General Liu Rifle), one LMG for support (Perino M1908 ) and one BA for scout (Vetterli M1870). I could see Obrez, as it is a sawed off bolt action rifle, go to scout; be used as a pistol; or even perhaps another tanker/pilot weapon (god, I hope not). My running theory was that one main class would get one additional weapon for every DLC (after assault got two new weapons in TSNP), that a different other main class would get an extra weapon in this update, and then another class would get an extra weapon in the next update, and so on. So, after all the DLCs, all classes would have an equal number of weapons, but depending on what they do with the Obrez, that complicates my theory.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 2:29pm

My running theory was that one main class would get one additional weapon for every DLC (after assault got two new weapons in TSNP), that a different other main class would get an extra weapon in this update, and then another class would get an extra weapon in the next update, and so on. So, after all the DLCs, all classes would have an equal number of weapons, but depending on what they do with the Obrez, that complicates my theory.

That might quite possibly have been the original plan, but it seems at some point DICE decided to add a lot more content to this DLC, so we're getting extra maps and likely more weapons as well.
bob

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 4:50pm

My running theory was that one main class would get one additional weapon for every DLC (after assault got two new weapons in TSNP), that a different other main class would get an extra weapon in this update, and then another class would get an extra weapon in the next update, and so on. So, after all the DLCs, all classes would have an equal number of weapons, but depending on what they do with the Obrez, that complicates my theory.

That might quite possibly have been the original plan, but it seems at some point DICE decided to add a lot more content to this DLC, so we're getting extra maps and likely more weapons as well.

Well it's kinda obvious that these weapons were selected prior to the original plan even being in place before they expanded the DLC. I have a hunch some of these weapons were intended for Turning Tides or even Apocalypse, heck they could have been slated for free content updates. I just know that they didn't scramble last minute to pick all the extra Tsar weapons to model, animate, and balance; it seems the devs are pooling content that was previously meant for implementation later on.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 4:57pm

Qu

If that's the case, then I count one SMG for assault (the maxim SMG), one SLR for medic (General Liu Rifle), one LMG for support (Perino M1908 ) and one BA for scout (Vetterli M1870). I could see Obrez, as it is a sawed off bolt action rifle, go to scout; be used as a pistol; or even perhaps another tanker/pilot weapon (god, I hope not). My running theory was that one main class would get one additional weapon for every DLC (after assault got two new weapons in TSNP), that a different other main class would get an extra weapon in this update, and then another class would get an extra weapon in the next update, and so on. So, after all the DLCs, all classes would have an equal number of weapons, but depending on what they do with the Obrez, that complicates my theory.
Quite an interesting selection, where exactly did this leak? Cannot find it.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 8:48pm

Double-post bump update!

Bumpdate?

I'd love to know where the leak came from, I can't find anything on reddit, but these all look really interesting. Edit: The only other person I can seem to find who knows about them is this German Youtuber, but I can't understand more than a few words here and there, so no idea on source. I'd expect they're in the game files in some way, but I'm just surprised no one else is talking about them.

I'm so happy the Maxim SMG is in, that adorable chibi belt-fed MG. 9x19mm (same as MP 18 ) with an 80-round capacity, fed from 8 seperate M1909 Hotchkiss style strip-clips each holding 10 rounds, all automatically fed into the gun one after each other. And presumably replaced one at a time as well. No idea on RoF, but this gun should definitely prove interesting.

The General Liu rifle looks interesting as well, and being chambered in 7.92x57mm (M1916, Mondragon, M1906) with a six-round capacity; it looks like we have a partner-rifle for the M1906. Interesting to see a Chinese weapon in here too.

The Perino Model 1908 finally gives us an Italian MG, as well as an MG that looks remarkably similar to the iconic Maxim family. Firing 6.5x52mm (Cei-Rigotti, but won't share damage model) at 450rpm, using 25-round "strip clips" like the M1909 Hotchkiss, it should be rather comparable to that gun. It should be noted that, as far as I can tell with a quick search, it never had a stock.

The Vetterli M1870 gives us an Italian bolt action, and could go three different ways depending on how they want to do it. The original was chambered in 10.4x47mmR and was single shot, making it a potential Martini-Henry partner-weapon. However, it wasn't long before they were modified to have four-round magazines, so in that form maybe somewhere between the Martini and "normal" BAs. And then there's a third version, updated in 1915, firing 6.5x52mm (Cei-Rigotti and Perino, again not same damage model) with a six-round magazine. I suspect the final, 6.5mm Carcano version is the most likely to appear.

The Obrez is very obviously a Mosin-Nagant Carbine for Tanker/Pilot, just as every other Tanker/Pilot weapon is a shorter/longer version of an existing primary (except the Pieper). This also almost rounds out the Carbine selection, giving us a Shotgun (M1900), SMG (Stop Auto), SLR (Pieper), and Bolt Action (Obrez), leaving only an LMG.
Who has fun, wins.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BleedingUranium" (Jul 18th 2017, 9:00pm)

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(439)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 10:43pm

Interesting collection of weapons, I figured we would get Liu's Rifle and the Maxim SMG at some point but the Vetterli M1870 and Perino M1908 caught me off guard.

I feel like the Rolling Block would have been better than a single shot Vetterli and the Carcano makes more sense as a six shot rifle, I hope this means it will get the 4 round box mag and be a high capacity black powder rifle.
I'm not sure how I feel about the Perino, on one hand it looks badass but I can't figure out how you would fire it standing let alone aim down sights thanks to its trigger placement.

This image is probably what inspired DICE to make it a primary but the trigger is on the back of the gun so this guy is doing nothing but hold the gun in a cool way.
EDIT: I guess you could fire it in the way this guy is firing a St. Etienne

I swear to god if the Obrez is a Carbine I will be pissed(unless DICE wants to make Carbines all class primaries at some point).
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gecko99" (Jul 18th 2017, 10:59pm)