Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 4:42pm

In Operations it's Light Tank all the way. The Close Support LT for open maps/sectors and the Light Flanker Tank for when there's plenty of cover to flush enemies out from or if enemy armour needs neutralising. The turret didn't stick in tank design for no reason. It makes the armour thickness largely irrelevant since you can comfortably react before taking multiple shots anyway. It really is worth its weight in gold.

The lack of full turret and knowledge that all tanks can complete a full self repair in the same time it takes the Light Howitzer Tank to reload makes that one redundant to me.

Although I do recognize the Standoff SC is as good as a Tank can get without a full turret and it's something I should probably use more.

I'm also pretty sure the new truck has been confirmed as a new "Light Armoured Vehicle".

Almost nobody plays operations ;)

When you can't guarantee your flanks are always clear the extra armor and smokescreen are decisive. The FTs gets into serious trouble in Conq since there isn't always somewhere to hide that breaks LOS for everyone shooting at you.

The Howitzer has awful reload and frankly the gun is much too hard to aim. I don't feel like sinking the time required to learn the drop with the 75mm derp when I can land hits nearly 100% of the time with the SC, and you also lose your ability to opportunistically kill planes/fast movers/horses. Derp gun might be worth it if it also had amazing blast vs infantry. Even with the HMG, it's not a great tank for farming squishies.

Saint Chamond Standoff has great armor (with high ricochet chances), the best gun, an LMG, and can basically continuously spam area spotting which lets you check your flanks as you move around. It doesn't have the turret, but that only really matters against cavalry and planes sweeping along your flank, you can turn and kill anything else, or just run away through smoke. You can also reverse slope to engage things while your prow ricochets unlike A7V/landturd/pierce-arrow.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 11:17am

Does anybody have an idea of what the Nugget Revolver damage model is? Will it still be a 2 shotter up close?

I'm hoping it's a good contender to replace the No3, better overall stats for the gate-loading and cylinder replacement is something I'm willing to trade. Please let it be an all class Bodeo with its hilariously busted 2 shot kill range

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 11:48am

Does anybody have an idea of what the Nugget Revolver damage model is? Will it still be a 2 shotter up close?

I'm hoping it's a good contender to replace the No3, better overall stats for the gate-loading and cylinder replacement is something I'm willing to trade. Please let it be an all class Bodeo with its hilariously busted 2 shot kill range

No, it looks like it shares the Mars Automatic/ Pieper M1893 damage model and will be a 3 shotter up to 22m. The in game stats said it fired at 225 RPM, but it said the same about the Fedorov Avtomat and we know that to be wrong. I'm sure it'll have a RoF of either 224 RPM or 257 RPM and a much higher muzzle velocity compared to any of the current revolvers.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 7:15pm

I dunno how I feel about the cylinder replacement thing. Feels a bit silly doesn't it?

It's like replacing the whole magazine tube on your shotgun because you don't wanna reload it.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 8:09pm

I'm sure it'll have a RoF of either 224 RPM or 257 RPM and a much higher muzzle velocity compared to any of the current revolvers.

DICE has had a steadfast habit of giving the weapons Muzzle velocities identical to their real life counterparts (excluding weapons that have very limited information surrounding them like the pieper)
If DICE follows this pattern, we can expect the nagant to have a muzzle velocity of 330 M/S
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 8:55am

Since when is "more people play conquest than X game mode" relevant to an argument about tank balance? If the mortar landship is (like the normal mortar) more useful on less chaotic modes with a more defined "front" than conquest, then that is perfectly valid point in their favor. I know conquest is the most popular mode, but that doesn't make the other modes magically irrelevant.

I'm also surprised people like the SC so much. The damn thing rolls around all over the place the second it hits uneven ground. The massive side-on profile of completely flat armour isn't great either. As someone who uses the HE mortar a lot, it's also probably the easiest tank to get direct hits on except maybe the landship. That spotlight is pretty OP though.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 5:26pm

Since when is "more people play conquest than X game mode" relevant to an argument about tank balance? If the mortar landship is (like the normal mortar) more useful on less chaotic modes with a more defined "front" than conquest, then that is perfectly valid point in their favor. I know conquest is the most popular mode, but that doesn't make the other modes magically irrelevant.

I'm also surprised people like the SC so much. The damn thing rolls around all over the place the second it hits uneven ground. The massive side-on profile of completely flat armour isn't great either. As someone who uses the HE mortar a lot, it's also probably the easiest tank to get direct hits on except maybe the landship. That spotlight is pretty OP though.

It's an extremely relevant argument.

What matters more? Something that is somewhat useful 20% of the time (based on player times/scores per mode), or something that is very useful 100% of the time? Talking about Ops in balancing is pointless because Ops are clearly irrelevant in the meta. This is just common sense. You discuss how things work in the core/most relevant game mode.

I'd wager you will never see a mortar landship out performing an SC assuming equal driver skill on any map or game mode. The FT flanker is unambiguously at it's best on Ops, and useful on maps like Amiens. I would again contest that it will do clearly better than the SC-SO in those circumstances assuming equal driver skill.

However the SC-SO is unambiguously better than anything else in the general case in the most common usages (ie conq), only the pierce arrow and the two actually good landships can compete under favourable situations.

If you're getting hit more than once by a mortar you're just bad or being lazy/tanking the damage. Tanks aren't field guns and should be moving as much as possible. Getting hit by mortars is a sign it's time to move immediately. You get used to the wobble of the SC. Took my a little while but it's well worth the boost in KPM you ultimately get from almost 100% uptime area spots and the Coax.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 6:38pm

The FT flanker is unambiguously at it's best on Ops, and useful on maps like Amiens.

Hah, Amiens is the only map on Operations where the Standoff SC (and A7V before that) is, on balance, better than the Flanker due to the "scoot and shoot" nature of the map.

https://youtu.be/JKoZWj4jw4E

Although I used to love the trick when defending with the Flanker on Amien's second sector, to sit behind the bridge behind A and pepper the house (A objective) and occasionally thwart the entire team from pushing up. That played like an apocalypse type of scenario. Taking out hordes of infantry and the odd A7V with very little, if any, respite. Anytime I was pushed back from that sector, I took it as a personal insult.

But it's not something I've tried since the Flanker's reload was increased from 2.5s to 3.75s. It probably would still work to a similar degree though.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shalan" (Jul 6th 2017, 8:28pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 11:29pm

The FT flanker is unambiguously at it's best on Ops, and useful on maps like Amiens.

Hah, Amiens is the only map on Operations where the Standoff SC (and A7V before that) is, on balance, better than the Flanker due to the "scoot and shoot" nature of the map.

https://youtu.be/JKoZWj4jw4E

Although I used to love the trick when defending with the Flanker on Amien's second sector, to sit behind the bridge behind A and pepper the house (A objective) and occasionally thwart the entire team from pushing up. That played like an apocalypse type of scenario. Taking out hordes of infantry and the odd A7V with very little, if any, respite. Anytime I was pushed back from that sector, I took it as a personal insult.

But it's not something I've tried since the Flanker's reload was increased from 2.5s to 3.75s. It probably would still work to a similar degree though.

I find the FTs benefit more from shooting and scooting than the heavies simply because two well placed hits to an FT puts you in a serious predicament, wheres you can easily shrug off two hits in a heavy and still have relatively deep HP. The slower reload is reasonably balanced to a repair cycle too so that you can empty a mag, pull back and repair then fire again.

Amiens on Conq also favours the light tank more than usual since it's easy to break cover if you stick to block corners and if your team has alright coverage enemy heavies can't come chasing you down if/when you retreat without getting grenaded to hell from the sides/behind.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, July 7th 2017, 6:23am

I dunno how I feel about the cylinder replacement thing. Feels a bit silly doesn't it?

It's like replacing the whole magazine tube on your shotgun because you don't wanna reload it.

In the world of the metallic cartridge, it is silly. However, back when cap-and-ball revolvers were still in common use, carrying extra loaded cylinders wouldn't have been a bad idea (assuming the revolver had relatively fast and easy disassembly and reassembly). DICE must have gotten this idea from old cap-and-ball revolvers, me thinks.