Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 8:04pm

the stock suddenly goes coincides with that of a Mosin.

nah, the stock in the image is much bigger, with a much more pronounced angle and more "pointy" than a mosin.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0001.jpg

p.s.: also the fact that that the wooden part of the body/barrel is shorter than the actual barrel is the biggest reason as to why i heavily doubt it's a mosin.

Another proper belt-fed MG? About damn time! Very excited for the MG14. The lance for Cavalry should be fun too, I suppose it would replace the sabre, and on that note it makes even more sense they fixed the sabre's very long range now. The other rifle looks to be the M1900 double barrel that's already in the files, it's just held at an angle, slightly tilted away from us. The soldier holding it definitely looks to be Assault too.

I'm also super hyped for snow maps, my favourite setting. :love:

Might be.

Which means the Assault class might be getting another two-for given that I don't think the double barrel is eligable for any variants

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(409)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 10:50pm

Which means the Assault class might be getting another two-for given that I don't think the double barrel is eligable for any variants
I hope it's not Assault who gets a two-for this time, I think it would make more sense for the Russian DLC to contain two BAs considering how god damn many different rifles they used, not to mention the fact that the Mosin Nagant will be rather boring gameplay-wise, perhaps a Berdan, Rolling Block or even a Krnka with an experimental variant as the shotgun conversion.

If they do give Assault two single-variant guns for each DLC(which would be lame in my opinion) I think we will get the Maxim SMG as well.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 11:13pm

I hope it's not Assault who gets a two-for this time, I think it would make more sense for the Russian DLC to contain two BAs considering how god damn many different rifles they used, not to mention the fact that the Mosin Nagant will be rather boring gameplay-wise, perhaps a Berdan, Rolling Block or even a Krnka with an experimental variant as the shotgun conversion.

If they do give Assault two single-variant guns for each DLC(which would be lame in my opinion) I think we will get the Maxim SMG as well.

....Its not really an experimental variant; you'd be hardpressed by 1900 to find a Krnka that wasn't converted. After they were taken out of service many of them were turned into cheap shotguns due to that simply being better for the civilian user.

All I am really left wondering is whether the Mle extended/ Sjorgen counted towards the 20 weapons we'd get

As for the Mosin, the cazul plebs have pretty much assured that this will be in it. Perhaps if the general audience had a better understanding of the ways BF balance is internally consistent they'd never ask for a Mosin, but since they don't, we will probably get it. Not to mention SIR pretty much assures that every faction will get its own bolt action no matter how bland or redundant

My guess? They are reworking the M1895 to make place for it, making .30-40 Krag its standard round and then put one of its more CQB oriented cardridges as the Trench variant round, and rename it to be a standard M1895. The Mosin would then get its own sweetspot profile. Else the Mosin would be impossible to balance within existance balance constraints.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "colers" (Mar 1st 2017, 11:30pm)

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(409)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 11:27pm

....Its not really an experimental variant; you'd be hardpressed by 1900 to find a Krnka that wasn't converted. After they were taken out of service many of them were turned into cheap shotguns due to that simply being better for the civilian user.

All I am really left wondering is whether the Mle extended/ Sjorgen counted towards the 20 weapons we'd get
Well it wouldn't have to be called experimental.
I really hope the MLE extended doesn't count to the 20 weapons we get, but I'm not sure why DICE wouldn't count it.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 11:40pm

As for the Mosin, the cazul plebs have pretty much assured that this will be in it. Perhaps if the general audience had a better understanding of the ways BF balance is internally consistent they'd never ask for a Mosin, but since they don't, we will probably get it. Not to mention SIR pretty much assures that every faction will get its own bolt action no matter how bland or redundant

Good. Any gun can be made to work in the balance structure, and "redundant", as you put it, really just means more options, which is something BF1 tends to lack.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 12:12am

Good. Any gun can be made to work in the balance structure, and "redundant", as you put it, really just means more options, which is something BF1 tends to lack.

What you are essentially saying here is that we don't need more weapons, we need more skins, because that is exactly what you will get if you introduce weapons that are basically completely redundant.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 5:28am

What you are essentially saying here is that we don't need more weapons, we need more skins, because that is exactly what you will get if you introduce weapons that are basically completely redundant.

well i wouldn't be opposed to that, definitely better than shitty paints...
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 11:51am

well i wouldn't be opposed to that, definitely better than shitty paints...

Its a complete waste of resources. Hundreds of man-hours get poured into the creation of a single weapons, so it would be absurd to throw any potential away.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 12:14pm

Its a complete waste of resources. Hundreds of man-hours get poured into the creation of a single weapons, so it would be absurd to throw any potential away.
I like to think of it this way;

BF4 = AUG A3 and CZ-805

BF1 = MP18 Trench, MP18 Optical

MP18 Trench = AUG A3 (Minus moving ADS)
MP18 Optical = CZ-805 (Higher base accuracy)

What I am getting at is that the variant system is a replacement for the variety we had in BF4. Even if it is superficial, having new gun models is very pleasing to me, and as is evident by the Mosin comments to a wide audience. Adding a new gun with similar stats could be a supplement to it being a variant on a weapon.

At the end of the day, whilst my weapon choice is mostly determined by statistics, I like to experiment and having a new weapon just adds thematic flair. As such it is not a waste of resources, at least not for this sort of mindset.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(409)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 8:02pm

A new "The Road Ahead" post was just made on the BF1 website(The Road Ahead for Battlefield 1), and with it came new INT concept art.

Spoiler Spoiler

The top picture is obviously the Albion Assault, a German naval assault that went disastrously for the Russians, the second picture tells us that at least one of the maps will have the train Behemoth and the third and final picture we got is probably the Brusilov Offensive, a battle where Russian cavalry was actually effective and not just machine gun fodder.

We can also see the Fedorov Avtomat(sadly the guy doesn't look to be a Medic).

Spoiler Spoiler