Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 6:23am

Oh come on, it's a weapon of a vehicle like special class with limited access. Why would it be more awful then being instant gibbed by a tank shell or trench dart run? Complaining already took away strafing while bayonet charing, please don't take away lancer charges before I even get a chance to get bored with it.

None of the vehicle weapons auto-lock on.

Trench darts got nerfed precisely because they were overly trivial to aim.
But tank shells do have splash damage which fullfills the same purpose of making aiming easier.

Yeah, but you still have to aim.
It's probably about time to move this to a new thread ,but you still have to aim the charge too, but instead of firing a projectile, it fires the player as an extremely slow moving projectile (that is relatively faster than the normal moving speed) with only a limited ability to correct course, leaves the player vulnerable, does only single target damage. Since it's a such a short range attack, it's very hard to miss unless the enemy suddenly changes direction, but a little tracking is necessary to smooth over lag and such.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 12:20pm

Oh come on, it's a weapon of a vehicle like special class with limited access. Why would it be more awful then being instant gibbed by a tank shell or trench dart run? Complaining already took away strafing while bayonet charing, please don't take away lancer charges before I even get a chance to get bored with it.

None of the vehicle weapons auto-lock on.

Trench darts got nerfed precisely because they were overly trivial to aim.
But tank shells do have splash damage which fullfills the same purpose of making aiming easier.

Yeah, but you still have to aim.
It's probably about time to move this to a new thread ,but you still have to aim the charge too, but instead of firing a projectile, it fires the player as an extremely slow moving projectile (that is relatively faster than the normal moving speed) with only a limited ability to correct course, leaves the player vulnerable, does only single target damage. Since it's a such a short range attack, it's very hard to miss unless the enemy suddenly changes direction, but a little tracking is necessary to smooth over lag and such.

Pretty sure the lance can skewer two guys (possibly not making it to release) and it'll obliterate anyone in the path of the horse as well.

Running people over with vehicles is a grand tradition in Battlefield, still not seeing why we need to make it a class ability.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 9:17pm

Because it's badass and really fun. It's really not meaningfully different than roadkilling but it's so much cooler.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 9:28pm

Because it's badass and really fun. It's really not meaningfully different than roadkilling but it's so much cooler.

Lasers are cool too. Where are the lasers?

"Cool" is not a useful justification for design. Something has to be more than cool.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 9:41pm

No. Cool, as with realism/authenticity, are perfectly acceptable reasons to include anything in a game, provided they don't sacrifice design/balance to be there. Which this does not.

I want to use the charging, stabby horse. I want to play with the new guns with their badass and neat reload animations, like the spinny MG 14 magazine or Nagant Revolver reloads. I want to fly the (hopefully not Behemoth) giant Ilya Muromets bomber, putting big holes in the ground with gunners firing in all directions. I want to play on beautiful, large, vehicle-heavy maps with snow-covered trees and fields, windmills, and mountaintop towns, and driving little landing craft in to the shore in D-Day like assaults, backed by Dreadnought support.

And there are a few hard game design reasons in there too, like the M1900 Slug or jack-of-all-trades Mosin, or the apparently overhauled horse physics, but really I'm here for the fun, awesome, beautiful, and interesting and that's exactly why absolutely everything about Tsar excites me so much. Will be all-time best BF expansion.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 9:44pm

No. Cool, as with realism/authenticity, are perfectly acceptable reasons to include anything in a game, provided they don't sacrifice design/balance to be there. Which this does not.

I want to use the charging, stabby horse. I want to play with the new guns with their badass and neat reload animations, like the spinny MG 14 magazine or Nagant Revolver reloads. I want to fly the (hopefully not Behemoth) giant Ilya Muromets bomber, putting big holes in the ground with gunners firing in all directions. I want to play on beautiful, large, vehicle-heavy maps with snow-covered trees and fields, windmills, and mountaintop towns, and driving little landing craft in to the shore in D-Day like assaults, backed by Dreadnought support.

And there are a few hard game design reasons in there too, like the M1900 Slug or jack-of-all-trades Mosin, or the apparently overhauled horse physics, but really I'm here for the fun, awesome, beautiful, and interesting and that's exactly why absolutely everything about Tsar excites me so much. Will be all-time best BF expansion.

Textbook example of setting yourself up for disappointment right here.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 10:13pm

I'm doubting that, but we'll see.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Mar 2nd 2017

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 11:46pm

I want to play on beautiful, large, vehicle-heavy maps

*shudders*

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 12:31am

Your anticipation is admirable, Uri. Personally, though, I'm really expecting ITNOTT to be a fairly run-of-the-mill Battlefield DLC. I'm already a little disappointed that DICE is (seemingly) leaving out aerosanis in snow maps even though this game is already lacking in light transport vehicles. Also, I'm scared that DICE is going to be literal about the "eleven new weapons" thing along with counting TSNP as having "nine weapons," thus totaling twenty weapons (as is "promised" by the Premium package). Slightly different variants of the same weapon shouldn't count as different weapons, period. Thus, we may not see any new weapons, aside from maybe one or two gimmick weapons/gadgets after the community gets pissed off, in the DLCs following ITNOTT.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 12:50am

It's been directly confirmed by a few DICE devs that Tsar will have eleven unique weapons. Not variants, not grenades, not melee, but eleven different firearms; five are still unknown.

As for how that contributes to that 20 with Premium number, we'll see.
Who has fun, wins.