Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, June 16th 2017, 6:02pm

I don't think anyone things the sawed off is OP? It would definitely be OP as a secondary though! So would a machine-pistol.

As a sidearm? Oh hell yes it would be OP, but so would just the normal Pistol Carbines, as they're upgrades to the normal ones; having any of them as sidearms would be terrible.

They would, however, make excellent all-class primaries, as they solve the issues BF4's all-class weapons had, of being too good at everything. The Pistol Carbines would let every class get outside its very rigid range lock, but without making them too effective at another class's role; very little, if any, rebalancing would be needed to make this work.

Assault could get a bit more range out of something like the Pieper, without as being as hard to use as the Model 10 or M1900 Slug. Medic could play an aggressive front line healer/reviver role with the Sawed Off or Stop Auto, but then their longest ranged weapon would be the Auto Revolver (if they use it); this opens up a new Medic role without simply making them more powerful at all ranges at once. Support doesn't have as much use for them, because MGs actually have decent diversity in range and style, but I'm sure some sort of aggressive, demolition type could make them work.

And Scout probably needs them more than any other, due to the near-complete elimination of the Spec-Ops half of the class. PDW-type weapons and spotting tools were its staple, but it's stuck with Bolt Actions pretty much no matter what right now, which is not conducive to BF1's actual gameplay. Scout is where the "big pistol" Carbines would shine the most.
Who Enjoys, Wins

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BleedingUranium" (Jun 16th 2017, 6:09pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, June 16th 2017, 6:40pm

I don't think anyone things the sawed off is OP? It would definitely be OP as a secondary though! So would a machine-pistol.

As a sidearm? Oh hell yes it would be OP, but so would just the normal Pistol Carbines, as they're upgrades to the normal ones; having any of them as sidearms would be terrible.

They would, however, make excellent all-class primaries, as they solve the issues BF4's all-class weapons had, of being too good at everything. The Pistol Carbines would let every class get outside its very rigid range lock, but without making them too effective at another class's role; very little, if any, rebalancing would be needed to make this work.

Assault could get a bit more range out of something like the Pieper, without as being as hard to use as the Model 10 or M1900 Slug. Medic could play an aggressive front line healer/reviver role with the Sawed Off or Stop Auto, but then their longest ranged weapon would be the Auto Revolver (if they use it); this opens up a new Medic role without simply making them more powerful at all ranges at once. Support doesn't have as much use for them, because MGs actually have decent diversity in range and style, but I'm sure some sort of aggressive, demolition type could make them work.

And Scout probably needs them more than any other, due to the near-complete elimination of the Spec-Ops half of the class. PDW-type weapons and spotting tools were its staple, but it's stuck with Bolt Actions pretty much no matter what right now, which is not conducive to BF1's actual gameplay. Scout is where the "big pistol" Carbines would shine the most.

Yeah, I don't see the issue with making them all kit weapons. They would actually be used game assets that way at the very least.

I have never even equipped (nevermind fired) almost all of the pilot/tanker weapons. I went from just running the C96 straight to the sawed off or frommer stop auto after ranking 10 on both crew classes. The frommer stop is quite useful for those instances where you can "save" your crippled tank by getting out and manually shooting a guy about to toss a grenade or whatnot for the final kill. The nice thing about the multi-crews is that you can often rely on either a friend or a blueberry to be in a station while you pull that maneuver so you don't have to worry about a steal. But I can count the number of times that's happened on one hand.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 8:34pm

The embargo has been lifted on EA Play and Westie, Jackfrags and Flakfire have posted gameplay on Lupkow Pass featuring the 6 currently finished weapons and the lancer cav(it's a horse based bayonet charge)
https://youtu.be/cQf88NFdgU0
https://youtu.be/ewZ_MQOgAJo
https://youtu.be/wzcxoTXkGsk

Also DICE has responded to anger about the September release by deciding to release Lupkow Pass with the August update
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Gecko99" (Jun 21st 2017, 9:01pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 8:59pm

*edit - nevermind second vid wasn't in post when I commented.

Lance looks seriously smurfy and OP....why did they need to add that?

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 9:11pm

The embargo has been lifted on EA Play and Westie, Jackfrags and Flakfire have posted gameplay on Lupkow Pass featuring the 6 currently finished weapons and the lancer cav(it's a horse based bayonet charge)
https://youtu.be/cQf88NFdgU0
https://youtu.be/ewZ_MQOgAJo
https://youtu.be/wzcxoTXkGsk

Also DICE has responded to anger about the September release by deciding to release Lupkow Pass with the August update

DooM49 seemed to have the best gameplay, although I didn't watch all of Jack's since it was still limited to 360p for me even hours after his upload.

All of the weapons look amazing, but the Fedorov Avomat Optical looks to be the surprise of the bunch for me. Has anyone found any footage of the Model 1900 Slug yet?

Date of registration
: Jul 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 9:24pm

The Fedorov Avtomat fired at 360-400 RPM IRL(though some conflicting reports say 600 RPM) so I think 400 RPM with a 4-5 BTK would make for an interesting gun.

The 4 currently known weapons all seem very unique but I wonder what DICE can do to make future weapons just as interesting?

So, I noticed on DooM49's new youtube video of the new In The Name of the Tsar weapons that the Fedorov Avtomat (optical variant) is listed at 225 RPM (see link Battlefield 1 NEW DLC Weapons and Gameplay In the name of the Tsar Lupkow Pass - YouTube). Now, interestingly the trench variant does not have a listed RPM, so maybe it shoots faster at the real life 350-400?

I also noticed that it was doing around 28 damage hit markers up close and and the lowest hit markers I saw was 18 at decent range. So, 4-6 BTK.

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 9:31pm

Watched both Jackfrags' and Westie's videos. There wasn't a whole lot of footage on the Nagant Revolver, however it seems that it has a damage model similar to the Mars (40 max damage, retains 3 shot kill to ~20m based on what I saw) and a low 200s rate of fire.

Interestingly, they decided to make the empty reload different from other revolvers with loading gates- instead of loading 7 rounds individually, the entire cylinder is removed and replaced with another pre-loaded cylinder, which takes about 6 seconds (for reference, other similar guns have a ~9 second empty reload). While I understand that this is a video game that takes the unrealistic approach if realism is not fun or balanced, it kinda irks me with how horribly inefficient that is :D

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 9:37pm

So, I noticed on DooM49's new youtube video of the new In The Name of the Tsar weapons that the Fedorov Avtomat (optical variant) is listed at 225 RPM (see link Battlefield 1 NEW DLC Weapons and Gameplay In the name of the Tsar Lupkow Pass - YouTube). Now, interestingly the trench variant does not have a listed RPM, so maybe it shoots faster at the real life 350-400?

There were clearly some errors. The Model 1900 was listed at 78 RPM which is obviously incorrect.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 9:53pm

The Federov looks to have some pretty horrendous Hrecoil even with the Optical variant which has Hrecoil multipliers. This in combination with the crazy RoF, which very clearly is NOT 225; that's what the shitty 1916 has, and raw damage output tell me it's a close-medium range SLR. Which begs the question: why Optical?

@dwojtk

78 RPM is consistent with the M10 and 225 with the 1916. I would suggest these values are placeholder and obviously not the real deal.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 21st 2017, 9:56pm

There were clearly some errors. The Model 1900 was listed at 78 RPM which is obviously incorrect.

Yeah and the Fedorov optical definitely had a faster fire rate than 225, my guesstimate is 360-450 RPM
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.