Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, June 16th 2017, 4:15am

I'd love it the pistol carbines were all kit primaries. It'd let you change things up a little without disrupting balance or class roles too much.

At the very least I'd actually get to use them.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LeGarcon" (Jun 16th 2017, 4:21am)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, June 16th 2017, 7:13am

With the Pilot/Tanker weapons being between primaries and secondaries (in terms of performance), I think it would make sense for them to be doubled up if chosen for the main four classes. Otherwise, you'd likely be a liability to your team for choosing a lesser primary. Example, which is not entirely decided upon. . .

Assault: Frommer Stop Auto, Sawn-Off
Medic: M1911 Extended, C93 Carbine
Support: P08 Artillery, Mle 1903 Carbine
Scout: C96 Carbine, Pieper M1893

So, say if you chose the Frommer Stop Auto as Assault, you'd have the Sawn-Off as your secondary. Of course, I do realize that the Sawn-Off is the one Pilot/Tanker weapon that can not only compete with, but actually overwhelm its main class rivals. So, that'd need quite a "rebalance" to actually make such a system viable and not broken.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, June 16th 2017, 7:21am

I think you guys aren't realizing that not only is the Sawed Off not actually the crazy OP thing people keep saying it is, but it's also the Carbine version of the M1900 we're getting in Tsar. Except unlike the Pistol Carbines which are better pistols, the Sawed Off is most obviously a worse M1900.

The Sawed Off is at best on par with current Assault shotguns, and even that is pushing it, while the Stop Auto is just a crappy Automatico. Both would be fine as all-class with minimal adjustment. "But they're way more powerful up close than the others are at their own ranges!" Well... welcome to Battlefield 1.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, June 16th 2017, 9:35am

what about reload speed?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, June 16th 2017, 10:08am

I admittedly have next to no time with the Sawn-Off due to the ridiculous amount of Tanker points required to get it along with the difficulty of actually picking up the Tank Hunter kit (which is usually placed at the most obscure points or in a high-contested area where it's literally a race to get). Comparing stats to the Model 10-A, though, sure the Sawn-Off may only have two rounds before having to reload, and sure it may have a wider fire cone. However, having nearly four times the rate of fire can surely come in handy. Come across one person and you aim is bad? The slow rate of fire of the Model 10-A is surely going to get you killed while the Sawn-Off is much more likely going to give you a second chance. Come across two people at roughly the same time and you have good aim? The Sawn-Off's rate of fire is going to leave no chance for those two. The Model 10-A is better for those with good aim and those that can anticipate enemy movement. Hell, I believe if you took away a third of the Sawn-Off's rate of fire, it'd still be a competent choice. Not that I'm suggesting THAT big of a nerf. . .

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, June 16th 2017, 11:07am

The thing about the sawed off is that you get two shots and then a reload where you're helpless. If you're planning on spamming the trigger and taking advantage of that it effectively means you get one chance to get a single kill, if you whiff then you're done and with it's wide pellet spread and steep damage dropoff it's real easy to whiff.

It can't really compete with any of the proper shotguns.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 16th 2017, 11:17am

I admittedly have next to no time with the Sawn-Off due to the ridiculous amount of Tanker points required to get it along with the difficulty of actually picking up the Tank Hunter kit (which is usually placed at the most obscure points or in a high-contested area where it's literally a race to get). Comparing stats to the Model 10-A, though, sure the Sawn-Off may only have two rounds before having to reload, and sure it may have a wider fire cone. However, having nearly four times the rate of fire can surely come in handy. Come across one person and you aim is bad? The slow rate of fire of the Model 10-A is surely going to get you killed while the Sawn-Off is much more likely going to give you a second chance. Come across two people at roughly the same time and you have good aim? The Sawn-Off's rate of fire is going to leave no chance for those two. The Model 10-A is better for those with good aim and those that can anticipate enemy movement. Hell, I believe if you took away a third of the Sawn-Off's rate of fire, it'd still be a competent choice. Not that I'm suggesting THAT big of a nerf. . .

Having unlocked the Sawn-Off ages ago, I can assure you the Frommer Stop Auto is utterly unrivalled for the Tanker/Pilot class. You can hip fire enemies well past the Sawn-Off's range.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, June 16th 2017, 2:17pm

The sawn off is crazy good on the tank hunter, but I think that's mainly due to the increased health.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, June 16th 2017, 5:32pm

The sawn off is crazy good on the tank hunter, but I think that's mainly due to the increased health.

This is an important aspect I think a lot of people miss. Most people have little experience using it, and most of that little experience is going to be from the very high health Tank Hunter, on top of the Sawed Off's "ultimate 1v1, then reload" Model 8 style. You're also playing as an Elite, which has the natural implication that all your weapons are special and overpowered. Plus it sounds and feels awesome to use, and "it's a double barrel shotgun so of course it's powerful!".

Sure it's good, but most of that is psychology, plain and simple. I think once the M1900 comes out for Assault, people will warm up to the idea of the M1900 Sawed Off being viable for all classes.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, June 16th 2017, 5:57pm

I think you guys aren't realizing that not only is the Sawed Off not actually the crazy OP thing people keep saying it is, but it's also the Carbine version of the M1900 we're getting in Tsar. Except unlike the Pistol Carbines which are better pistols, the Sawed Off is most obviously a worse M1900.

The Sawed Off is at best on par with current Assault shotguns, and even that is pushing it, while the Stop Auto is just a crappy Automatico. Both would be fine as all-class with minimal adjustment. "But they're way more powerful up close than the others are at their own ranges!" Well... welcome to Battlefield 1.

I don't think anyone things the sawed off is OP? It would definitely be OP as a secondary though! So would a machine-pistol.