Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 6:41am

It wouldn't be fair if the Medic class didn't get a weapon.

I'd personally like another variant for both the Sjogren Inertial and the Ribeyrolles M1918. Each DLC after TSNP should then give two new weapons (with two variants each) to a class that didn't get two weapons from a previous DLC. Because honestly, Assault got the better bargain with TSNP (two majorly different weapons rather than two mere variants of one weapon).

For BF1, DICE seems to be sticking to real-life Muzzle Velocities, and then "tiering" BTKs based on Ballistic Energy calculations. So, for the Federov, I expect a Cei-Rigotti with a detachable box magazine, and higher Velocity due to Spitzer Bullet... which sounds pretty good on paper, to be honest.

7.9257mm Mauser - Wikipedia | 800m/s | 4000J | BF1: consistent 3BTK

.35 Remington - Wikipedia | 678m/s | 3000J | BF1: 3-4BTK drop-off at long range

6.550mmSR Arisaka - Wikipedia | 770m/s | 2666J | BF1: For Federov, performance unknown

6.552mm Carcano - Wikipedia | 700m/s | 2572J | BF1: 3-4BTK drop-off at medium range

.351 Winchester Self-Loading - Wikipedia | 570m/s | 1900J | BF1: 3-5BTK drop-off at close-medium range

.25 Remington - Wikipedia | 650m/s | 1593J | BF1: 3-5BTK drop-off at close range

That most certainly applies for the vanilla game, so it seems. Although, DICE seemed to change up the rules a bit with the addition of the RSC M1917. In terms of muzzle velocity and energy, the 8x50mmR Lebel cartridge is really between that of the .35 Remington and 7.92x57mm Mauser. It honestly would have made more sense if DICE, assuming they'd want to stick to their initial "rules," added the Meunier A6 with a five-round magazine in TSNP instead. The experimental 7x59mm Meunier cartridge was apparently very ballsy and is perhaps comparable to the modern 7mm Remington Magnum.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 7:04am

Moreover, I just noticed that the tested 770m/s Muzzle Velocity for the 6.5mm Arisaka is with a 800mm barrel, which was standard on the Type 30 rifle - Wikipedia. The Fedorov Avtomat - Wikipedia, with its much shorter 520mm barrel, achieves only 654m/s.

Now we have a projectile that travels at the same speed as the "weak" .25 Remington, with a bullet weight that is merely 19% higher. That brings it up to... ~1891J. Exactly the same as the .351 WSL from the M1907SL. So that's where I would place it now.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 7:41pm

So we've got the Fedorov, the double barrel, the Mosin, MG14, Nagant revolver, and the C-93 carbine?

They all sound fun to me. Kinda bummed the pistol carbines are with the pilots/tankers. I never get to use them.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 7:48pm

So we've got the Fedorov, the double barrel, the Mosin, MG14, Nagant revolver, and the C-93 carbine?

They all sound fun to me. Kinda bummed the pistol carbines are with the pilots/tankers. I never get to use them.

I have no idea why they invested any dev time in making pilot/tanker weapons. The tanker doesn't need more than a carbine and the stock stuff it borrows from assault/support because you should NEVER be using that class on foot.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 8:35pm

I have no idea why they invested any dev time in making pilot/tanker weapons. The tanker doesn't need more than a carbine and the stock stuff it borrows from assault/support because you should NEVER be using that class on foot.
Couldn't agree more, I hope the addition of new carbines means they have other plans for them, I think they would make good all-class primaries or even secondaries if their hipfire was ruined and they were given extremely long draw times.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 8:44pm

Couldn't agree more, I hope the addition of new carbines means they have other plans for them, I think they would make good all-class primaries or even secondaries if their hipfire was ruined and they were given extremely long draw times.

Other than the double barrel shotty (which is getting its main-class equivalent with this xpack), all of the other crew weapons are basically worse versions of real primaries (frommer machine pistol etc). The carbines and extended pistols are basically just worse versions of the close range SLRs IMO.

So I don't see much real utility of all kit primaries. Anything really good is likely to upset their precious RPS balancing too.

I would like to see some recon/scout carbines other than the experimental turdrifle thought. Just because scout is really the only class that is entirely one dimensional in it's play: keep at your rifle's sweet spot and profit.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 9:52pm

1) it'd be boring to use the same shit over and over again. Besides: while most of the tanker/pilot guns are worse versions of other guns, they're still not bad on their own. See: those that bail for the Stop Auto or sawn-off.

2) what about those not-so-rare times when you can (justifiably: fuck that backcapping taxi bullshit) bail out? Are you suggesting that if you're in that situation you should just kill yourself to spare the trouble of killing someone for their kit? Seems pessimistic and selfish.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 10:59pm

So I just remembered something important.

So I dont know if it has been just speculation, but especially on this thread, Ive heard about another c96 carbine variant becoming available. IF this is true, I can almost guarantee that it will be the c96 carbine scoped variant that we see in singleplayer http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4b/B…arbinescope.jpg
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 11:49pm

So I just remembered something important.

So I dont know if it has been just speculation, but especially on this thread, Ive heard about another c96 carbine variant becoming available. IF this is true, I can almost guarantee that it will be the c96 carbine scoped variant that we see in singleplayer http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4b/B…arbinescope.jpg

Are you sure you heard C96, and not C93? I mean, I'd love to get the DL-44 blaster C96 Carbine Scoped in MP, but do you remember where you heard this? There aren't very many non-MP variants in SP, so if we got this, as well as the M1911 Silenced and M1903 Silenced with the night maps (as has been suspected), I'm pretty sure that would be all the notable missing ones, along with the C93 Carbine Silenced in the files.

I mean, there are MP 18 Factory variants and Model 10-A Sweeper variants too (maybe a couple others like this), but they're not so unique or needed.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 16th 2017, 2:22am

1) it'd be boring to use the same shit over and over again. Besides: while most of the tanker/pilot guns are worse versions of other guns, they're still not bad on their own. See: those that bail for the Stop Auto or sawn-off.

2) what about those not-so-rare times when you can (justifiably: fuck that backcapping taxi bullshit) bail out? Are you suggesting that if you're in that situation you should just kill yourself to spare the trouble of killing someone for their kit? Seems pessimistic and selfish.

How can you get bored with something that is never used? Look at the stats for the crew weapons, having a mere 100 kills with any one of them (or all of them) is totally exceptional, even among people who main tanks/planes. Losing your vehicle is a fail for those classes.

Backcapping with a plane is always a fail, not least of which because of how irrelevant backcaps are and how easy they are to shut down in BF1. The plane itself is far more powerful.

Either way, usage stats shows that crew weapons are statistically irrelevant in gameplay and thus a waste of dev time.