Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(394)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 6:08am

"In the Name of the Tsar" Expansion: Confirmed Information and Speculation

Today the Battlefield website was updated with the names and themes of all the DLC, this thread will be dedicated to INT news and speculation.
So far we know little about this DLC but there is already some things we can pick up from the single concept photo:

The first and most obvious is the location, we have gathered from the extended press release version of the blurb that this is Lupkow Pass, an important mountain pass on the border between Poland and Slovakia, there is a good possibility that the armored train will be the behemoth but I think it's just as likely the pictured train will already be destroyed and the crushing of the tunnel and bridge will happen as a Levelution event(in part because this was what happened in real life), the Russians faced the Austro-Hungarian army here.

Two smaller, but just as interesting other things I noticed are the Cavalry Lanceman(probably not what they are actually called), which could be a new loadout for the cavalry and an unknown machine gun that could be nothing but an MG15 NA, but to me the longer scope and placement of handle on the barrel tells me it's a Parabellum MG14 Parabellum MG14 | Gun Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia.
A complete redesign of the MG08 buit for aircraft, surprisingly light and firing at 700 RPM, this thing should kick like a mule.
This is further compounded by a complete lack of native-Russian LMGs(I can't even find prototypes) and the only externally sourced LMG that isn't already in the game is the Potato Digger, a bland looking gun that lacks any way to fire it without a mount(though to be fair it has a pretty cool external action).

Other things of note in the press blurb are:
Enter the biggest front of WW1 with the Russian Army. Ride in Galicia with the legendary Hussars during the Brusilov offensive. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gecko99" (Mar 1st 2017, 9:17am)

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 4:46pm

From the blurry looking magazine, it indeed seems to be the MG14 Parabellum. Does not look like an MG15nA but then again its concept art.

Wonder what gun the assault is carrying, looks like some sort of lever action shotgun perhaps?

EDIT: Ok I am positive its the MG14, look at that distinctive long bipid, the rounded magazine with openings and quite possibly the front end of a scope as seen in the photo. The Sight also appears to be rounded where as the MG15nA is flat.

[img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/guns/images/8/82/MG14firing.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151103032024[/img]

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 6:24pm

Wonder what gun the assault is carrying, looks like some sort of lever action shotgun perhaps?

looks mor like a good'ol vertical double barrel breech loader.

i'm actually more interested in the cavalryman weapon, that thing is absurdly long.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 6:35pm

looks mor like a good'ol vertical double barrel breech loader.

i'm actually more interested in the cavalryman weapon, that thing is absurdly long.

Might also be a Mosin; if you look closly you see the bottom is less long than the top; which along with the angle (which was also the reason I suspected a classic russian hunting shotgun at first) the stock suddenly goes coincides with that of a Mosin.

And yes, the gun is absolutely an MG14/17; the carrying handle is way off for a MG15. Though, it isn't the only externally sourced LMG; you are forgetting the Darne, the Kjellman, Marlingun (basically a Potato digger without any potato digging) and the Burton, and I am expected both the Darne and the Burton in a DLC, and possibly the Kjellman in a weaponcrate DLC along with the Carcanno which is missing and which should put DICE on death row if they have the audicity to introduce an SIR as a payed DLC weapon.

II am also intrigued by the lance; its probably a weapon you have to aim at your enemy instead of a radius based weapon

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 6:40pm

the stock suddenly goes coincides with that of a Mosin.

nah, the stock in the image is much bigger, with a much more pronounced angle and more "pointy" than a mosin.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0001.jpg

p.s.: also the fact that that the wooden part of the body/barrel is shorter than the actual barrel is the biggest reason as to why i heavily doubt it's a mosin.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 7:17pm

the stock suddenly goes coincides with that of a Mosin.

nah, the stock in the image is much bigger, with a much more pronounced angle and more "pointy" than a mosin.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0001.jpg

p.s.: also the fact that that the wooden part of the body/barrel is shorter than the actual barrel is the biggest reason as to why i heavily doubt it's a mosin.

I also initially thought that, but most over-under shotguns I find don't really have a angled body; this tends to be a feature of side-by-side shotguns which by the rectangular look of the silloute, this gun most certainly isn't.

Though the shape doesn't align with the infantry mosin and only somewhat with the dragoon mosin, and the length isn't congruent with the M07 mosin, that might be artist error.

Anyways, I hope we actually get a Krnka instead of a over-under shotty.

I also looked long and hard for Russian shotguns; which Tula provided me in numbers, but couldn't find any over-under shotguns, though I found a vareity of side-by-side shotguns along with a few that were considered innovative at the time

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 7:27pm

maybe a single shot shotgun?
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(394)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 7:36pm

I personally think the artist just drew a shadow and it isn't meant to be a point of interest, however I do think we will be be getting a Double Barrel shotgun, probably a Remington M1900 if I had to make a bet.

Though, it isn't the only externally sourced LMG; you are forgetting the Darne, the Kjellman, Marlingun (basically a Potato digger without any potato digging) and the Burton, and I am expected both the Darne and the Burton in a DLC, and possibly the Kjellman in a weaponcrate DLC along with the Carcanno which is missing and which should put DICE on death row if they have the audicity to introduce an SIR as a payed DLC weapon.
By "externally sourced" I meant a LMG that Russia actually used and they definitely never used the Darne, Burton or Kjellman, I have explained many times that a Potato Digger or Marlin gun would not make any sense as a weapon you could fire standing, but if DICE wanted to they could give them pistol grips and stocks or give them a special Tripod mechanic.
I'm 100% sure we will see the Burton LMR at some point and around 90% sure we will see a pairing of the Darne, Kjellman or Dreyse M1918/MG30.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 7:46pm

Another proper belt-fed MG? About damn time! Very excited for the MG14. The lance for Cavalry should be fun too, I suppose it would replace the sabre, and on that note it makes even more sense they fixed the sabre's very long range now. The other rifle looks to be the M1900 double barrel that's already in the files, it's just held at an angle, slightly tilted away from us. The soldier holding it definitely looks to be Assault too.

I'm also super hyped for snow maps, my favourite setting. :love:

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 8:02pm

Another proper belt-fed MG? About damn time! Very excited for the MG14. The lance for Cavalry should be fun too, I suppose it would replace the sabre, and on that note it makes even more sense they fixed the sabre's very long range now. The other rifle looks to be the M1900 double barrel that's already in the files, it's just held at an angle, slightly tilted away from us. The soldier holding it definitely looks to be Assault too.

I'm also super hyped for snow maps, my favourite setting. :love:
A lance is going to be very tough to balance: if it's got crazy reach it'll make the cav sword obsolete on horseback. If it requires insane precision with the tip or doesn't let you engage much side to side it will be redundant with the road killing potential of the horse itself.

Not sure what they will do once you dismount, I bet the lance will be horse-locked (as is the gun if you remount as a non-cav class), and you use a sword on foot regardless.