Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "himfour4" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 6th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 1:38am

Hate to be that guy, best guns for each class?

Hey guys, as the subject states I'm wondering what, in your opinions, are the "best" guns for each class in general. I understand some have guns more suited to certain situations etc., I've gone through the stats and charts but I'm afraid I don't understand all the terminology or what I'm looking for exactly that would make a gun appealing over another besides the basics. So if the people here that actually know what to look for and what they're talking about (clearly not me) would mind giving me their opinion on the best gun for each class, thanks! Also if you wouldn't mind going into the customization for them, is zoom for iron sights worth using / bayonets etc. Thanks again!

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 5:03am

model 10 slug, model 8 .35, madsen low weight/mg15(depending if you want to kill or suppress), m95 marskman/smle optical, these are what i concluded are the best weapons for each class considering upsides and downsides of all of them regarding spread and ttk, and they all completely ignore recoil values either because they don't have it(sniper rifles) or cnan nullify(low weight mgs) while also having very good spread values paired with some of the best ttks in their classes.

the slug is a guaranteed 1-hit kill withing8 meters and can headshot kill to i don't know how much, probably about 40-50 meters.
the .35 is literally the best gun in the game with the only downside being the magsize, if you don't go around killing entire armies you won't find anything better(other wise you might opt for the .25 or hte upcoming rsc, as usually army-killling is don in close quarters less or more)
the madsen low weight has one of the shortest time to base spread values in the class while also having the second fastest ttk in the class(until the chauchat comes at least) and a bigger mag than the bar pired with a bipod and overall very good stats, also you can use the mg15(any variant, but preferably low weight or suppressive) to pin down people and keep shooting for eternity, something which the lewis does as welll, but not as well as it has a higher btk and half the mag in the equivalent variants.
the m95 is technicallly the best gun in the game if you're the human equivalent of aimbot(which nobody is which is why the model 8 is higher up on the list), and the smle is the most competitive bolt action with the shortest sweeetspot and highest bullet count along with good rof, using optical on the smle and marksman on the m995 maximizes both of their natural benefits(range and mobility and the ability to keep firing while aiming with whichever scope)

naturally though, if you want to specialize(e.g. long range, short range, moving shoooting, hipfire, etc...) there are better options, but if you want to tryhard and just mow down people in every situation assuming you have good enough aiming and postioning, then these at least imho, are the best ones.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 6:39am

The best gun for each class is the one that fits your playstyle the most. Start from there, and then consult stats

Do you want to play aggressively on point? Do you play conservatively and keep your distance? Do you value statistical superiority over all else, and/or willing to limit your engagements to 1-2? Etc

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ritobasu" (Feb 28th 2017, 6:44am)

• "himfour4" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 6th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:28am

using optical on the smle
Which version of the SMLE is optical? I don't see one that states that, just the "Carbine / Marksman / Infantry" but none say they have an optic, unless you meant something else. Thanks for the response!

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:44am

Which version of the SMLE is optical? I don't see one that states that, just the "Carbine / Marksman / Infantry" but none say they have an optic, unless you meant something else. Thanks for the response!
He meant the Carbine. It has the same sight as most Optical variants in the game so I assume this is what he meant.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 3:35pm

He meant the Carbine. It has the same sight as most Optical variants in the game so I assume this is what he meant.

it also has the same stats(which is relaly just better moving ads spread)
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 6:34pm

Quoted

model 10 slug, model 8 .35, madsen low weight/mg15(depending if you want to kill or suppress), m95 marskman/smle optical, these are what i concluded are the best weapons for each class considering upsides and downsides of all of them regarding spread and ttk, and they all completely ignore recoil values either because they don't have it(sniper rifles) or cnan nullify(low weight mgs) while also having very good spread values paired with some of the best ttks in their classes.

the slug is a guaranteed 1-hit kill withing8 meters and can headshot kill to i don't know how much, probably about 40-50 meters.
the .35 is literally the best gun in the game with the only downside being the magsize, if you don't go around killing entire armies you won't find anything better(other wise you might opt for the .25 or hte upcoming rsc, as usually army-killling is don in close quarters less or more)
the madsen low weight has one of the shortest time to base spread values in the class while also having the second fastest ttk in the class(until the chauchat comes at least) and a bigger mag than the bar pired with a bipod and overall very good stats, also you can use the mg15(any variant, but preferably low weight or suppressive) to pin down people and keep shooting for eternity, something which the lewis does as welll, but not as well as it has a higher btk and half the mag in the equivalent variants.
the m95 is technicallly the best gun in the game if you're the human equivalent of aimbot(which nobody is which is why the model 8 is higher up on the list), and the smle is the most competitive bolt action with the shortest sweeetspot and highest bullet count along with good rof, using optical on the smle and marksman on the m995 maximizes both of their natural benefits(range and mobility and the ability to keep firing while aiming with whichever scope)

naturally though, if you want to specialize(e.g. long range, short range, moving shoooting, hipfire, etc...) there are better options, but if you want to tryhard and just mow down people in every situation assuming you have good enough aiming and postioning, then these at least imho, are the best ones.

What do you mean by shortest time to base? Is this better then the trench variant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 6:54pm

My absolute favourites are;

Model 10 A Slug and 12G automatic hunter
Huot automatic and Benet mercie storm
Autoloader 8 .35 Factory and Luger 1906 (Cei Rigotti Trench = Honourable mention)
Russian 1895 Trench and M1903 Experimental

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:17pm

Hmm...based on what works for me rather than pure stats. If I had to pick only one from each class...

MP18 trench
Autoloading 8 marksman on min magnification
Huot or B-M storm...difficult one... Huot
M95 Carbine. or 1906 Marksman if I really want to play sniping.

Actually I like the Selb 1906 more but the Auto 8's rapid fire helps me out more.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:29pm

What do you mean by shortest time to base? Is this better then the trench variant?

time to base spread refers to how long an lmg will take to get back to base spread by constanty firing, this is calculated by rof and FSSM, the huot is the only other lmg with an FSSM of 4, but the madsen has a higher rof, which means it reach min spread faster than any other lmg.(except the bar maybe, but i'm not sure)
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3