Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "CaptainBroStorm" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 22nd 2016

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 27th 2017, 4:49pm

MARS, Automatic

I love the revolvers on this game (especially the sexy Auto 8) ), but just can't enjoy the MARS automatic

I can't quite understand why as it is so similar to the revolvers except has more shots. Maybe the problem is I enjoy the spammy pistols the most and expect it to fire, or re-centre faster (i push flags and situations both fast and hard)

What do others feel about the MARS?

What situation/position do you feel most comfortable using it in?

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2017, 5:37pm

It has 3 shot kill until 22 meters, .6sec draw time, 500m/s muzzle velocity, and 200rpm. Compare to bodeo 2 shot until 16m and 3 shot to 22m, .55sec draw time, 255m/s velocity, and 225rpm.
Mars is a finisher pistol for scout. while the 40 dmg can just kill an unfortunate leg shot (80*.75=60) in CQB. good standing ADS spread, higher muzzle velocity and falter damage model make it good for middle range shooting to finish those low-health as well. With that said, when you feel need to pull out a pistol for most cqb period, it isn't the best choice for you. DPS is lower than most other six shooter. draw time is a bit longer. and hip fire was't that impreesive as well. So it is a pistol for a specific play style to shine.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 27th 2017, 11:42pm

It's a good gun for what it's supposed to be, but it just isn't useful to me at all, and so I find it awkward as hell no matter how I try to make it work. It's up there with the Howdah as one of my least favourite sidearms in the game.

The C93 / Mle 1903 and Bodeo are my go-to Scout pistols.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 3:28pm

It's a good gun for what it's supposed to be, but it just isn't useful to me at all, and so I find it awkward as hell no matter how I try to make it work. It's up there with the Howdah as one of my least favourite sidearms in the game.

The C93 / Mle 1903 and Bodeo are my go-to Scout pistols.

Why don't you like the howdah? The small amount I've used it was quite enjoyable. Mostly because it looks really cool though.

Spoiler Spoiler

Couldn't resist mentioning that it would be VERY NICE to get its sweeper variant for everyone dicepls

signature 2.1

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____

When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

Cool/Useful Links

What Makes the Best Player?
David Sirlin on Intuition
Archive - Wait But Why - I recommend the posts on AI, and Neuralink, in that order. They are long, but very interesting. Just skim parts of them.

Symthic Databrowser
Battlefield 1 DeployTimes

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 11:07pm

Why don't you like the howdah? The small amount I've used it was quite enjoyable. Mostly because it looks really cool though.

Spoiler Spoiler

Couldn't resist mentioning that it would be VERY NICE to get its sweeper variant for everyone dicepls

I expect more out of a pistol with four shots, and I don't like the look/style either. Assault's sidearms are sort of awkward for me in that I don't really like Gasser or Howdah, and the all-class ones are too all-round to match an SMG or Shotgun well. The class-specific sidearms really get on my nerves when I'm trying to figure out Assault.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 12:05am

I have over 1k kills with revolvers. Since I have been using the 1903 Mle , I can't stop using it.

It has saved me many times, it has the fastest deploy time of all Sidearms.

Very good RoF.

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 12:26pm

interesting as besides from the auto revolver... the mars clearly shits all over the other revolvers

o ya and big tip with using it.... like almost never aim down sites just hip fire. Also strafe back and forth from left to right back and fourth while shooting to help with keeping you alive and your enemies dead. But be sure to time it right when you shoot, stop right before shooting then switch directions and keep moving, then ready to shoot again- stop for split second fire off round and continue on. Rinse and repeat

This post by "tacomn" (Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 12:31pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 12:46pm) with the following reason: double post

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 12:46pm

@tacomn
Please edit your posts instead of double posting (posting twice in row).
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 6:02pm

I have over 1k kills with revolvers. Since I have been using the 1903 Mle , I can't stop using it.

It has saved me many times, it has the fastest deploy time of all Sidearms.

Very good RoF.

I rather like it too. Quick draw and RoF to match the Model 8. With a leap and a dive turns CQBs from a 5 round affair to a 13 one for good measure.
That said I've been able to capitalise on the faster M1914 of late.

Just wondering if anyone uses the the 1911? Still spins me out that it was designed and used so long ago and yet...I'm planning to buy one when I'm back stateside...still so contemporary.