Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,264)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 9:07am

@tankmayvin

Each vehicle takes one slot.

One vehicle does not require 3 people to get good infantry farming ability.

Saying that 3 guys manning 3 weapons in 1 tank is greater than 1 guy manning 1 weapon in 1 tank is pretty obvious to say the least.

Saying that 3 v 1 is irrelevant is extremely misleading in this scenario. There's 3 guns firing vs 1. That is triple the damage output. How is that not relevant?

It is ultimately a dumb comparison.

Is the FT somehow unable to receive repairs?

Using crawlspeed avoids leaving rep monkeys behind.

The same applies for all tanks.

Also, you've already expressed that your style of driving, presence on point, requires the Landship or A7V.

I'm not entirely sure tanks need to have a presence and soak up damage so long as it is capable of wiping infantry.

To that end, the autonomy conferred by the FT gives it an edge over the A7V or Landship which require passengers for best results.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 9:43am

Light Tanks are infantry murder machines as they should be, but they're also laughably easy to kill for Assaults. My friends have a much harder time with Artillery Trucks because of their much better speed, range, and 1HKO cannon with some pretty big splash

And then there's Heavy Tanks, which are pretty much raid bosses compared to all other tanks

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 5:17pm

@tankmayvin

Each vehicle takes one slot.

One vehicle does not require 3 people to get good infantry farming ability.

Saying that 3 guys manning 3 weapons in 1 tank is greater than 1 guy manning 1 weapon in 1 tank is pretty obvious to say the least.

Saying that 3 v 1 is irrelevant is extremely misleading in this scenario. There's 3 guns firing vs 1. That is triple the damage output. How is that not relevant?

It is ultimately a dumb comparison.

Is the FT somehow unable to receive repairs?

Using crawlspeed avoids leaving rep monkeys behind.

The same applies for all tanks.

Also, you've already expressed that your style of driving, presence on point, requires the Landship or A7V.

I'm not entirely sure tanks need to have a presence and soak up damage so long as it is capable of wiping infantry.

To that end, the autonomy conferred by the FT gives it an edge over the A7V or Landship which require passengers for best results.
Except that in terms of game resource, all tanks are equivalent. So the choice between spawning an A7V, landship, or FT is zero sum choice. So you cannot dismiss comparison of the maximum total capability of the vehicle.

The context is power, or specifically if the 20mm-FT is overpowered. Any of the other tanks bring more total team firepower to the fight. They make better overall use of that slot.

In context of what all of the other vehicles can do with the same slot, I think it is fairly unambiguous that the flanker isn't OP. Yeah, it's got the best 1 man infantry farming setup in the game and it's tiny. But it basically trades absolutely everything that is good about the other vehicles to do so. As far as I know that's called balance. Also, nobody cares about repairing FTs because they can't "participate" in the crew. They get no kill assists, they can't respawn on death to the vehicle. etc. It's rare to find someone willing to repair a crewed vehicle, its pure random luck that someone with a wrench is near your ft.

The 75mm FT has amazing infantry farming ability. Specials synergy that makes it very survivable, and it can win any tank 1v1 with positioning. How is that not OP? Oh right, it's gun is damn hard to aim and it's still made of paper. Balance.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tankmayvin" (Feb 23rd 2017, 5:23pm)

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, February 24th 2017, 2:00am

It's fine as it is. It's roled to be anti infantry fire support. Hence, it's good at precisely that. The problem is mostly the team facing it than the tank stats itself.

It becomes a problem for the opposing team because to every infy it's somebody else's problem, they die respawn and carry on.

It might have 360 deg coverage but it can only fire at one direction at a time. 2 pro active rocket gun operators would wreck it given it's light armor and slow speed.

Stop trying to ignore it and respawn someplace else, take the AT role as a squad and it's down.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 1:59pm

It's fine as it is. It's roled to be anti infantry fire support. Hence, it's good at precisely that. The problem is mostly the team facing it than the tank stats itself.

It becomes a problem for the opposing team because to every infy it's somebody else's problem, they die respawn and carry on.

It might have 360 deg coverage but it can only fire at one direction at a time. 2 pro active rocket gun operators would wreck it given it's light armor and slow speed.

Stop trying to ignore it and respawn someplace else, take the AT role as a squad and it's down.
It doesnt work like that, often on many maps, assaultguys have trouble flanking it and since the FT does not have to stop firing and reload, it can pump out and suppress everything in the angle it fires. Often the only angle in which people try to get a shot on the FT. Amiens is a perfect example of this.

Solution: make the FT at least have a decent reload time between magazines!

Or what Kazei said:

Quoted

All it needs is removal of infinite ammo, so it starts with 15/45 ammo
and need to wait for resupply, like for other tanks in BF1 and ALL
tanks/IFVs in BF4.

For Mark V autocannot change to 15/75 or even 15/90.

Currently it's OP as HELL in RUSH, my record is 63-0 in it on Monte Grappa as attack.
RIP Sraw

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,789)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 3:00pm

Despite being a nimble target, the Light Tank has very poor armour. I think it's fine as it in terms of survivability considering it's "gimmick" is that it has very high uptime in anti-infantry weapons (excpet the 37mm FT, but I expect that to be changed in the future).

If you take away power from it's high uptime, you may need to compensate in other areas so that the platform isn't left too weak to use.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.