Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Daken" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 12th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 9:37pm

Rifles carbine and infantry

Been using the SMLE carbine a lot recently. The reason why is it just appears to be statistically superior to the infantry variant. Is there some sort of stat I'm missing other then the suppression recovery? like is there an ADS difference? if so where do i find those stats.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 9:47pm

Infantry has much faster ADS speed, better spread/recoil recovery, and adjustable zeroing (Carbine is locked to 75m). Carbine has fancy sights and better hipfire.

Between the two, it's Carbines that I don't really see much use for.

Date of registration
: Jan 6th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 10:11pm

Well for starters, Bolt-action rifles don't particularly benefit from faster recoil and spread recovery - their rate of fire is simply too low for there to be any issue in that area.

I'd advocate that the Carbine version of bolt-actions are more useful for several reasons, but specifically against an infantry version there is:
- Use of a sight instead of irons, and a slightly higher magnification
- Straight-pull mechanics (No need to unscope to re-chamber the next round) [Infantry versions also have this feature]
- Shorter physical length of rifle
- Reasonably better hipfire

The only Bolt-action carbine I use is the SMLE MKIII. Since its damage profile sets it more for short-range engagements, the hip-fire bonus is beneficial in times of great need (although you could argue at point-blank range, you should be using your sidearm), and its locked 75m ranging isn't an issue.

The clear, magnified optic is better for target acquisition and moderately-long range engagements; Iron sights can be a hindrance past medium-range.

Also take into account that the physically shorter rifle makes you slightly less noticeable in certain ways, doubly so when your bayonet is detached. While the practical applications for this are low, one area where this does help is when aiming out of windows or fire-holes. There have been many times where I've been able to see a sniper poking his long bayonet out of a window when running past a building.

The only substantial argument against carbines over infantry versions is the slower time to aim. That being said, I have never once found myself disadvantaged because of this.

But in the end, use what you feel works best for you.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 11:04pm

After the last patch, the Russian 1895 trench is actually really nice to use as a fast RoF BARS.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 2:38am

I'd love to know where to find the ADS speed stats as well.

Carbine also has half the moving spread as Infantry.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 3:41pm

I suggested this before but to make the infantry variants more of an "infantry" weapon, I would suggest giving the infantry variants one or two extra 5 round charger clips
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 11:45pm

I suggested this before but to make the infantry variants more of an "infantry" weapon, I would suggest giving the infantry variants one or two extra 5 round charger clips
Or removing ability to attach bayonet on non-infantry scout rifles(except M1903 Experimental), but there would be too much whine.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, February 17th 2017, 12:02am

Or removing ability to attach bayonet on non-infantry scout rifles(except M1903 Experimental), but there would be too much whine.

Not useful if you don't use bayonets, just like the lack of zeroing on Carbines.

Also, the two Carbines, 1895 Trench, and Martini-Henry are the only BAs I actually have bayonets on.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,176)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, February 17th 2017, 7:17pm

Bolt-action rifles don't particularly benefit from faster recoil and spread recovery - their rate of fire is simply too low for there to be any issue in that area.

Hint: spread and recoil decrease only start to happen AFTER the weapon can fire again. What does this mean? That it only starts to decrease in spread after you've already rechambered a round.

So your statement is completely false.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2017, 3:31am

Bolt-action rifles don't particularly benefit from faster recoil and spread recovery - their rate of fire is simply too low for there to be any issue in that area.

Hint: spread and recoil decrease only start to happen AFTER the weapon can fire again. What does this mean? That it only starts to decrease in spread after you've already rechambered a round.

So your statement is completely false.

Also, as I've mentioned before, spread decrease does not only happen inbetween shots. Combined witht he faster ADS time, this is the quickscoper's variant.