Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, February 12th 2017, 11:58pm

Bolt action balancing dilema of Devs/Mosin stat suggestion thread

So ive heard amongst members of the symthic community that bolt action rifles are dreaded by the DICE developers. The reason being is because they are "just another bolt action rifle" Ive even heard from symthic members that the mosin nagant will be excluded in the russian DLC. Never mind the fact that would be a gaming sin worth damnation.

I would be immensely sad if the garbage rod doesn't make an appearance in the game. I would rather take a generic reskinned mosin nagant copy of other rifles than not have it at all. This is not ideal of course; We would want unique weapons. So the purpose of this thread would to be find a way to make the mosin unique enough to warrant the developers to put it in the game.

I would suggest:

Making the muzzle velocity 860 M/s
A rate of fire of 53
the sweet spot of the m1895

This way, It has a velocity in between that of the m1895 at 820 and the G98 at 880 but has a faster rate of fire than the G98 but the m1895 surpasses it in rate of fire at the cost of a slightly slower velocity.

This isnt that important nontheless, there is a trick you can do with the mosin nagant's stripper clip. you can "eject" the clip by holding the tip of the top round up while pushing down into the magazine and the rim of that round will cause the clip to shoot out
Mosin Nagant stripper clips DO eject! - YouTube

What this could translate to in game is shorter reloading time when empty. This could be another way the mosin could be unique
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Iplaysgames96" (Feb 13th 2017, 12:16am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:07am

Where are your sources for this?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:10am

I just can't see how or why a normal bolt action would have a higher RoF than a straight pull rifle or lever gun; those are the two that should be fast.

While it does have to share the 1895's sweet spot due to shared ammo, this isn't necessarily bad here; the 1895 has a very average, normal range. I can see the Mosin being a good aggressive BA, alongside the SMLE and 1895, but with different strengths. The average sweet spot would let it do well across many ranges (further than the SMLE), and while it only holds five rounds it could have a very fast reload, countering the SMLE's capacity, and especially setting itself apart from the 1895 which has the slowest BA reload.

Average sweet spot, RoF, and capacity, but very fast reloads with great moving spread and hipfire could make it an all-round yet aggressive rifle, distinct from the other two.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:11am

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:13am

I just can't see how or why a normal bolt action would have a higher RoF than a straight pull rifle or lever gun; those are the two that should be fast.

While it does have to share the 1895's sweet spot due to shared ammo, this isn't necessarily bad here; the 1895 has a very average, normal range. I can see the Mosin being a good aggressive BA, alongside the SMLE and 1895, but with different strengths. The average sweet spot would let it do well across many ranges (further than the SMLE), and while it only holds five rounds it could have a very fast reload, countering the SMLE's capacity, and especially setting itself apart from the 1895 which has the slowest BA reload.

Average sweet spot, RoF, and capacity, but very fast reloads with great moving spread and hipfire could make it an all-round yet aggressive rifle, distinct from the other two.

Sorry I meant 53RPM same as SMLE

yugas42

(1,329)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:16am

Rumors spread by single members of the community does not count as a source for anything. The entire first half of your post is unfounded.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:19am

Rumors spread by single members of the community does not count as a source for anything. The entire first half of your post is unfounded.

That would be true But I also forgot to mention this was mentioned by more than one user:
https://gyazo.com/4edc12fc1e83e006f13b36c6919cf29c

yugas42

(1,329)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:24am

That would be true But I also forgot to mention this was mentioned by more than one user:
https://gyazo.com/4edc12fc1e83e006f13b36c6919cf29c

Quit cherry-picking what you screenshot. You can and should link to full posts rather than posting a cropped image. So once I found the post you referenced I again found that there is no source for the information other than a "reliable" unnamed source; I could claim that to be anyone, who's to prove me wrong?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:26am

Well then let's wave that as speculation and just look at what sort of performance a Mosin could have. :whistling:
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2017, 12:30am

Quit cherry-picking what you screenshot. You can and should link to full posts rather than posting a cropped image. So once I found the post you referenced I again found that there is no source for the information other than a "reliable" unnamed source; I could claim that to be anyone, who's to prove me wrong?

You are correct. I apologize.

"They Shall not Pass" Expansion: Confirmed Information and Speculation

Though it is more or less anecdotal evidence, I just found it somewhat convincing that two members said close to the same thing