Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iplaysgames96" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 9:53pm

Microtransaction fears/rant

So im a relatively pessimistic person. Often I fear the worst and my reasoning for that is the worst is most likely to happen.

So many video games (if not most or all AAA title games) have gone down the microtransaction route. so far EA hasnt gone down the dark side
of microtransactions at least yet but I do fear they might go that route if EA shareholders start stroking their testicles wanting more money.
This is speculation but to me it seems obvious that EA wants microtransactions to be more of a part of the business model. My reasoning
is they way battlepacks are acquired and how much less frequently you get them compared to BF4.

As long as battlepacks remain cosmetic I will not mind at all but
What Im afraid will happen is what is called the boiling frog analogy Boiling frog - Wikipedia
Gradual changed will go much more unnoticed than immediate changes.

What I fear is EA making battlefield a pay 2 win post launch business model like activision has become with CoD
or placing DLC weapons in battlepacks only.

What makes me suspicious is not only the way battlepacks work now and their drop rates but how the "super rare"
items were implemented. If it had not been for the backlash, we still wouldn't know about it.

Not really a rant but...
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 10:16pm

I wouldn't worry too much. The pschology of microtransactions is pretty well understood by now, and companies like EA know that making a game Pay2Win in any way will make players leave in droves.

However, there's also a small number of "whales" wo are happy to pay real money for in game items. EA wants their money, so they introduced battlepacks that have cosmetic upgrades that have no gameplay impact but are still desired by players.
bob

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 10:28pm

Are the "Super Rare" items actual gameplay-altering unlocks or just cosmetic/joke items? I ask cos I haven't played Battlefield Juan (and so long as other games currently exist, never will).

EDIT: Re-reading your first post implies that you suspect it's the Battlepacks that will become purchasable in the future, but I thought Battlefield had been doing that since Three? If this is the case: It's an arse system, sure, but why kick up a fuss about it now? That particular battle should have been waged when fucking BF3 came out with that garbage...

I'm lost...

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 10:42pm

Are the "Super Rare" items actual gameplay-altering unlocks or just cosmetic/joke items? I ask cos I haven't played Battlefield Juan (and so long as other games currently exist, never will).

The "super rares" are all cosmetics, but since they are mostly garish tank paint jobs they might alter gameplay somewhat by making it easier for enemies to spot and shoot your tank. :D
bob

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 10:48pm

let's be clear though, they are so rare people thought those skins were bugged and would never be gotten.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 11:24pm

EDIT: Re-reading your first post implies that you suspect it's the Battlepacks that will become purchasable in the future, but I thought Battlefield had been doing that since Three? If this is the case: It's an arse system, sure, but why kick up a fuss about it now? That particular battle should have been waged when fucking BF3 came out with that garbage...

I'm lost...
Ok Ill try to explain my point better. the battlepack system now is only cosemtics but the way it was changed from BF4 to BF1, the drop rate, the way EA maliciously and sneakily introduced super rare items and with the lack of transparency makes me feel like EA will try to make battlepacks a post launch cash cow like activision does with CoD. Seeing how Activision has become blatamt liars about drops and how you are forced to either grind or be stupid enough to spend money to acquire the best guns in the game makes me fear EA will force DICE to make DLC weapons battlepack only and make them overpowered to entice people to pay money for them. Its a dirty business model that EA had better not adopt

But then again I am a pessimist
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, February 10th 2017, 12:25am

I'm lost...
Ok Ill try to explain my point better. the battlepack system now is only cosemtics but the way it was changed from BF4 to BF1, the drop rate, the way EA maliciously and sneakily introduced super rare items and with the lack of transparency makes me feel like EA will try to make battlepacks a post launch cash cow like activision does with CoD. Seeing how Activision has become blatamt liars about drops and how you are forced to either grind or be stupid enough to spend money to acquire the best guns in the game makes me fear EA will force DICE to make DLC weapons battlepack only and make them overpowered to entice people to pay money for them. Its a dirty business model that EA had better not adopt

But then again I am a pessimist

If all of the Battlepack unlocks are only cosmetic then I'm having real trouble understanding what your problem is, even if the camos are arguably useful (but this is a Battlefield game, so I'm leaning on the "Nope.avi" side of things there) they're still just little more than shiny trash with no net worth to the game: The best kind of microtransaction-purchasable thing, totally optional. You don't have to buy them, you don't even have to grind for them! They are literally worthless to the game apart from being shiny and a way for the game company to make extra money without ruining the balance, which is what real Pay To Win is...
I don't really understand all the hate for (what I like to call) harmless microtransactions in games. Sure they're locking content, but this, as you've just said, isn't anything that is going to affect gameplay in any way, shape, or form, they're just sparkley shit! This isn't anywhere near as bad as some companies have done with games, and it's not even bad by the standards of what EA has previously done!!! Read: Nodes needed for fair gameplay progression in Dead Space 3 or, even worse, locking an entire highly canonical character behind a paywall in Mass Effect 3 (Javick).

The latter part of your post goes a little far into the Rambling Plains, even for me! :P
Firstly: If EA were really going to fuck people over then they would have introduced hard-to-obtain-through-free-means-battlepacks in Battlefield 3 - Hardline, all of which had actual gameplay-altering unlocks in their packs and, if I'm right, were a hell of a lot more popular than Battlefield Juan is. More people = More Dosh, and that, from what you're saying, is all they care about.
Secondly: I haven't played a CoD game since Black Ops 1, but I'm 90% certain that all of the microtransactions in the newest CoD are also cosmetic.

You're not being a pessimist, take that from a pessimist! To me you seem to be really really wanting an excuse to get angry at the game, which is totally not ok!!! Why? Because you can just get angry at the game anyways! Do it! Hate it, hate ALL OF IT, don't look for excuses to hate it, just HATE! Let the anger out!!! :D

(Last part was a joke, please don't ban me...)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, February 10th 2017, 1:03am

The microtransaction system actually has less impact in BF1 than BF4.

Grinding out kits/sights in BF4 took a lot more investment in game time. Battlepacks actually gave you stuff you wanted and could use with regularity: XP boosts and bits that expanded your optics. You don't need to really max rank all the kits to get the most useful of the gear either.

Variants unlock painlesless, no grinding attachements/optics.

BF1 vehicle stuff is almost zero grind, it's all bond purchases. The ranked locked stuff doesn't get meaningfully used anyway.

The only thing bF1 gives you of use is xp boosts (rarely).

So EA/DICE has actually stepped back the game-relevance of battlepacks from slim to nil.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 10th 2017, 1:36am

If all of the Battlepack unlocks are only cosmetic then I'm having real trouble understanding what your problem is
Youre missing the point im trying to make. Currently it is only cosmetic. I dont have a problem with that. Im jsut worried it will go beyond cosmetics and go the way of activision

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, February 10th 2017, 2:56am

You're not being a pessimist, take that from a pessimist! To me you seem to be really really wanting an excuse to get angry at the game, which is totally not ok!!! Why? Because you can just get angry at the game anyways! Do it! Hate it, hate ALL OF IT, don't look for excuses to hate it, just HATE! Let the anger out!!!

(Last part was a joke, please don't ban me...)

To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Feb 10th 2017, 3:03am)