Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Dantheminigunfox" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 10:32am

Spec - Ops class, a niche separation from the scout class

Foreword
EDIT: I should have phrased this better, but I thought of this more of a separation between the Sniping scouts and the aggressive scouts. The class itself does many things that the current scout class does not, e.g Spawn baconz. The idea that it would reduce snipers is not accurate at all (pun intended). The only way to reduce sniping imo is to impose hard limits on the scout class, as was the case with Procon limits in BF4. Alternatively, limiting the SNIPER and MARKSMAN variants of Scout weapons would help solve it as it is fairly difficult to snipe with iron sights, at least I find it difficult anyway. I think that the current scout should focus on sniping, whilst the new class would function as something different.

Main Aspects of the class;

Spoiler Spoiler

1. Flexible weapon set of Iron sighted bolt action rifles, Semi automatic and Automatic pistol carbines and some 'Wildcard' guns and variants
2. Operate much closer to the objective with useful gadgets for this.
3. Gadgets focused on setting up and defending a spawn point
4.NOT integral to team play as is the case with the medic and support providing ammo/hp. It is however very useful in turning the tide especially in the event of a one sided game

Theoretical weapon list

Pistol Carbines

Spoiler Spoiler

C96 Carbine
• Factory
• Telescopic
• Trench

Description; This is lifted directly with from the Tanker/Pilot class. It will function as the best ranged pistol carbine in terms of damage drop off and accuracy. It is also the only one to have a telescopic sight (as seen in the campaign).
P08 Carbine;
• Trench
• Factory
• Experimental (Automatic)

Description; More forgiving than the C96 with the 2nd largest capacity and a higher fire rate. Comes with a full auto experimental variant which has considerably worse spread and recoil than the semi auto variants. Its RPM increases to 700
Pederson Device
Description; The spammiest pistol carbine, lifted directly from the current scout class with no changes other than being renamed to better fit the variant system
• Trench

• Optical
• Storm

Stats unchanged
C-93 Carbine
• Factory
• Trench
• 9mm High Caliber
Description; In between the P08 and the Pederson in terms of fire rate. Has the 2nd worst damage drop off but has a lower capacity high damage version in the form of the High Caliber variant

Single Action Rifles;

Spoiler Spoiler

Carcano M91
•Carbine
•Infantry
•Optical
Description; Close to Medium range oriented accuracy dependent weapon. Features a 6 round magazine which uses enblocs like the G.95. It fires at 75RPM (faster than G.95) but has lower velocity and drops to a 3 shot kill past 50m.
Murata Type 13
•11mm High Caliber Optical
•11mm High Caliber Trench
•8mm Extended (5 Rounds)
Description; The Autoloading 8 treatment to a bolt action rifle. The High caliber variants only have 1 round but have a similar damage potential to the Model 10A slug, at the cost of magazine size but with a better velocity and with two variants.

Mondragon 1897
•Optical
•Carbine
•Trench
Description; Slam fired bolt action rifle which can be toggled from ‘automatic’ to manual. Fire rate of around 150RPM [Higher than 1895 Trench] on automatic mode, which gets reduced in single shot mode. Damage model is similar to that of the Carcano. The point of the fire selector fire difference is to give more significance to the automatic capability as semi automatic fire can max out the fire rate easier than in previous titles

Wildcards

Spoiler Spoiler

Sawed off shotgun; (Self-explanatory, with the experimental being designed to combat hell knights)
•Factory
•Experimental (Both barrels fired)
•Slug
RSC 1918;
•Optical
•Marksman
•Factory
Description; This is a 5 round semi-automatic carbine with a very slow fire rate (150RPM) but is capable of getting 2 hit kills up to 30m. The idea for this weapon came from the BF4 SR338 but with less focus on range. Think of it as a primary weapon revolver.

Gadget list

Spoiler Spoiler

•Spawn Beacon
•Low Power Binoculars
•Incendiary bullets (If bolt action is not equipped, a sawed off bolt action is used as replacement)
•Deployable Villar Perosa (anti air and anti-infantry mix)
•Deployable MG08
•Deployable Incendiary Martini henry (‘Heavy’ anti air)
•Deployable Barbed wire

Naturally this is just a speculative idea. There is no way this would be introduced in the game. I do hope that a future BF game would adopt a similar class model as I do not feel the current scout class is focused on this niche. In addition, this would make it easier to limit the scout class as was the case with 3rd party tools in previous games. Hopefully this functionality will return in the upcoming in game admin control panel.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Dantheminigunfox" (Feb 8th 2017, 11:36am) with the following reason: Changed it up considerably due to crappy formatting and overly long descriptions.

This post by "iota-09" (Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 10:44am) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 11:28pm) with the following reason: rule 5

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 10:48am

There are so many snipers because the BAs are superior to any prior title, and they are relatively better compared to the rest of the weapons due to lack of optics + ARs.

A new class won't fix that.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 10:50am

i'll be honest and straight to the point: i won't read something written with such a horrible format, i'm a lazy-ass 20 years old, not a blind grandfather.

as for adding new classes, if we've gone from 11(?) classes to just 4 in the years, i'm sure dice had a good reason for it.
Yea I am fixing it up, wrote it in word and messed it up Also was more of a lightbulb idea :].

But to summaries, I just think that the idea of an aggressive scout should be translated into a different class, one that is immediately apparent to new or average players that it is not designed for sitting on a hill sniping at people.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 11:30am

I'm not convinced Spec-Ops would be appropriate for BF1. The gameplay just doesn't need this aspect for improvement or otherwise. The desire for aspects applied in prior titles but absent in the current is the epitome of the phrase, "living in the past." I appreciate the concept on its own and it's very clear that you invested a considerable amount of time and effort into this concept, but within the context of BF1 it is just unnecessary. It truly is a discussion better suited for the next Battlefield as there is at least some probability of having this class integrated into the game.

You even identified that this is literally impossible to happen for BF1; there is no feasible way DICE would magically add a class to the game in the midst of its life cycle, disrupting the balance and flow of the game. At least with Pistol Carbines there is a slight chance they could be transferred to the 4 primary classes since they actually exist in the game and would not be detrimental to the balance meta. When speculating about the game it is best to stay confined to the borders of possible implementation because discussions like this are hypothetical to the highest possible magnitude, which all-in-all aren't really productive in the grand scheme of things.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 11:47am

I'm not convinced Spec-Ops would be appropriate for BF1. The gameplay just doesn't need this aspect for improvement or otherwise. The desire for aspects applied in prior titles but absent in the current is the epitome of the phrase, "living in the past." I appreciate the concept on its own and it's very clear that you invested a considerable amount of time and effort into this concept, but within the context of BF1 it is just unnecessary. It truly is a discussion better suited for the next Battlefield as there is at least some probability of having this class integrated into the game.

You even identified that this is literally impossible to happen for BF1; there is no feasible way DICE would magically add a class to the game in the midst of its life cycle, disrupting the balance and flow of the game. At least with Pistol Carbines there is a slight chance they could be transferred to the 4 primary classes since they actually exist in the game and would not be detrimental to the balance meta. When speculating about the game it is best to stay confined to the borders of possible implementation because discussions like this are hypothetical to the highest possible magnitude, which all-in-all aren't really productive in the grand scheme of things.
Just finalized it now. I don't mind talking about something that will likely never be implemented. But yes perhaps it should have been produced as a discussion on a more speculative future Battlefield title Maybe I will do a full BF 1946 'bible' as i have been dreaming about :P.

Also I do think BF1 is a much more refined and dare I say 'perfect' game compared to previous titles. The only things similar (which I mentioned in the post) to previous titles is the 'Spec-ops' name lifted from BF2 (which is purely an etymology thing as I disliked BF2) and the spawn beacon. Perhaps the camo uniform preventing spotting flares from.. spotting is lifted from the Shadow perk from BF4's recon.

The spawn beacon however is directly lifted from previous games, BF3 and BF4. I do think it has relevance in the game, for example Sinai Desert in Rush, Placing the beacon atop Jabal Canyon so as to allow the team to spawn on a fixed position. The Grappling hook is not an original idea either and is something I enjoyed from Hardline. I could see some situations were it might be useful, e.g Grappling onto the roof in Monte Grappa Rush to access the door from above. This would reduce the choke pointy meat grinder situations that tend to occur at enclosed objectives.

The deployable things were just something I always wanted, I am not sure how useful they may actually be but guess it would not hurt to include them.

Everything else is original, and not necessarily necessary, it was something I daydreamed about when I am bored at lectures :] Tnx for the input though