Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 12th 2017, 11:11pm

Huot_Automatic_Rifle

Got curious so I looked it up. From what I've read it sounds like a phenomenal weapon.

Because it was an adapted straight pull rifle it would have fired from a closed bolt so 1st round accuracy would be rifle like. Fired a .303 round yet weight empty is less than a M249.

From the excerpt it was reliable too. And its Canadian, not French.

And it was much cheaper and more reliable than the Lewis too. The rifle-shaped base is a huge plus for ergonomics and being familiar, while the drum mag is very modern in design and placement.

Poor gun would probably have been legendary had the war gone on a few more months.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, February 12th 2017, 11:41pm

Huot_Automatic_Rifle

Got curious so I looked it up. From what I've read it sounds like a phenomenal weapon.

Because it was an adapted straight pull rifle it would have fired from a closed bolt so 1st round accuracy would be rifle like. Fired a .303 round yet weight empty is less than a M249.

And it was much cheaper and more reliable than the Lewis too. The rifle-shaped base is a huge plus for ergonomics and being familiar, while the drum mag is very modern in design and placement.

Poor gun would probably have been legendary had the war gone on a few more months.
Weapons that show promise but basically no service tend to be hugely over-estimated in the history. It was so cheap because it was rebuilt from rifles destined for scrapping.

Drum mags are unreliable in extended use for eg. Hence the move to boxed belt ammo for almost all MGs.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 12th 2017, 11:59pm

Weapons that show promise but basically no service tend to be hugely over-estimated in the history. It was so cheap because it was rebuilt from rifles destined for scrapping.

Drum mags are unreliable in extended use for eg. Hence the move to boxed belt ammo for almost all MGs.

That's possible here, but did quite extensive testing (including field testing) on it as I understand, and it certainly didn't seem to have any notable or major flaws.

For dedicated machine guns yes, but like the BAR or Avtomat it's obviously more of a proto-Battle Rifle/Assault Rifle.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, February 13th 2017, 2:03am

That's possible here, but did quite extensive testing (including field testing) on it as I understand, and it certainly didn't seem to have any notable or major flaws.

For dedicated machine guns yes, but like the BAR or Avtomat it's obviously more of a proto-Battle Rifle/Assault Rifle.

Well doctrines change with the battlespace and weapons change to adapt to it.

The automatic rifleman has gone from magazine fed firing a high velocity round ~7.5mm like the BAR, to non existent (AR-15s supported by a squad GPMG) then back to having 2x ARs in the form of the minimi now it's gone full circle with the M27 IAR.

Can't personally comment on drum mags but there are environments...secondary jungle for e.g that a mag fed AR has benefits.

With the huot I just thought a 5kg, mag fed, gas operated automatic weapon with a 26rd mag was pretty awesome for something made 100 years ago.
And that cooling jacket just makes it look steam punk :D

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, February 13th 2017, 2:13am

Huot_Automatic_Rifle

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/light-machine-guns/huot/

Looked it up more, the way it had it's cover, and a cam/rachet system to use the cycle of the action to pull rounds into the gun is very MG. I'm sure they could have modified it to handle disintegrating link.

And once again I have no experience with drum mags but a drum mag without need of tension spring should be a lot more reliable than one with one.