Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "sgtCrookyGrin" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, February 6th 2017, 6:16pm

Unlocked the Huot, but is it a high skill weapon?

Duck has stated that the weapon can be considered a skill canon weapon and the general community's use of the weapon is logically sound because it's not easy to use. Yet I'm having a hard time understanding this because that's not what the Huot was in my experience so far, it was easy because of the low recoil and strong spread that I had no issues using it due to my lack of practice and dexterity (generally most players don't have from my understanding). I've placed top 5 of the scoreboard many times with it and with a fairly strong K/D.

I legitimately don't understand why this is considered a skill weapon if it's not that hard to use, it does have a lower ROF and requires you to avoid most CQC confrontations but just use the Bulldog for that. I'd like some clarification to the understanding of why the Huot is a skill weapon because I'm confused about this consensus.

Do you agree with Marble's statements on this in the first place even?...

*EDIT*: It would appear that some still question the valid uses of the Huot technically but it can't be denied that it will require more skill, on part not because of the player's dexterity and proficiency with weapon control but rather because of the Huot's limited magazine size, lentghy reloads, slower ROF, and 1 extra BTK makes it somewhat lackluster in CQC and 40m+ engagements.
But if you use your technical and situational awareness skills which are achieved mostly by common sense and practice, the Huot is one of the best "potentially" killing LMGs in the game with its very simple recoil and strong spread numbers. With this practice you can counter the one extra BTK and somewhat lengthy reloads as long as you know where you want to be and when you should be there.
Thanks for the information everyone! And if my consensus on this is incorrect please clarify so that I don't accidentally misinform anyone.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sgtCrookyGrin" (Feb 7th 2017, 6:18pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, February 6th 2017, 7:00pm

Its not hard to use in the sense that it is awkward to control. The trick with the Huot is to maximize the time one is stationary while firing. It can be decent at close range. I think the skill cannon was applied to the huot in the sense that its advantages are not immediately apparent and has a steeper learning curve.

Even if the gun is easy to keep on target, using it effectively requires good positioning due to its lowish magazine count (and much longer empty reload), 5 - 7 damage model and its effective ranges. The Benet Mercie is much better at ranges exceeding 40m however the huot excels at being hyper consistent at the expense of raw DPS.

I do not think it is as much of a skill cannon as a 5 round SLR really but it is more of 'an aquired taste' kind of gun. Just my opinion as someone with 56k kills with the damn thing :D.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 6th 2017, 7:45pm

Surely you meant 5.6k kills, not 56k?? 8|

• "sgtCrookyGrin" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2017, 8:34pm

Surely you meant 5.6k kills, not 56k??
^ This

I'm trusting your judgement with that much experience. The Huot is definitely an underrated LMG that far too many content creators on youtube don't objectively look and study the math behind, for every once in a blue moon video praising it you get ten videos that claim it's worthless and recommending the BAR instead.

I guess the Lewis is technically the best starting LMG to get used to the mechanics and utilize for standard pub play.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, February 6th 2017, 8:37pm

If I had to pick a LMG , it would be the Lewis Suppressive. I like that one of the low rpm lmgs the most. The Huot is alright but I too don't understand it.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, February 6th 2017, 9:58pm

Derp I meant 5.6k X_X. That would be more than my total kills

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, February 6th 2017, 10:13pm

How good are you attacking with a bi-pod?
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2017, 10:58pm

It's not a technically difficult weapon to use. It has very mellow recoil, and has very fast spread decrease.

What makes it a skill cannon is that it has the most accurate and effective DPS of the machine guns available. It's raw DPS is not as good as other weapons, but played correctly, you can outrange other players and become a headshot machine. Note that it's the longest range-oriented LMG, so use it appropriately.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 6th 2017, 10:59pm

wait.

but isn't the madsen low weight technically more accurate? with the bipod or on the move i mean.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2017, 11:25pm

Yes. The Madsen is more accurate while moving

But the Huot has a much better minSpread, giving it better range against the Madsen's greater mobility and CQB firepower.