Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 6:53am

Ah, now I get it.

Quoted from "Gecko99"

"I think DICE is willing to allow classes to perform outside their designated role",

I sure hope not though. The defined class roles and thereby defined ranges is a factor of what makes the balance so good.
I agree but DICE is definitely willing to break class roles at the expense of viability, examples are the M1903 experimental and MP18 experimental.I'm really worried/excited about how DICE will implement the Chauchat as they risk ditching real-life attributes(250 RPM, high recoil) or making it an automatic Selbstlader M1916.

I actually really hope that the final expansion pack is a "future/secret weapons" themed DLC like we got in 1942 and BF4. BF1 is already basically alt-history, especially with regards to its vehicles so it makes a lot of sense to push that a bit further and have some fun.

I also have this idea that since 2142, all BF games have actually been taking place in the same universe continuity. Certainly 2142 and BF4 are unambiguously tied together. And BF3/BF4 have shared continuity through maps, etc.
So much this, I mentioned a similar idea on my speculative contribution earlier:
I feel very confident the last DLC will be this sort of "secrets of WW1" thing that will feature a bunch of weapons that would have "ended the war" in the spring offensive such as:

For Assault the Thompson Annihilator or Maxim SMG
For Medic the Farquar Hill Rifle
For Support the Burton Light Machine Rifle
For Scout I honestly don't know, maybe a rolling block?
I believe the aforementioned weapons would be just as appropriate for your idea as I'm not quite sure DICE is willing to add weapons that never existed even as prototypes during WW1(now I'm going to have to look for a WW1 era jetpack concept) but map wise I think we could see an epic underground Airship factory possibly in Karelia(Giants of Karelia BF1 version) or other entirely ridiculous ideas. Also FIAT 2000 pls.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 7:55pm

I'm pretty sure DICE is using the same cutoff criteria as Girls und Panzer uses for what tanks are allowed: Any tank that existed in some form before the end of WWII (Sep 2nd, 1945, Japanese surrender). This allows for anything from full production tanks, to prototypes and single-examples, to tanks that only ever existed as blueprints. But as long as there were at least blueprints by the date of the Japanese surrender, it's fair game.

Ditto for weapon and vehicles in BF1.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 10th 2017, 1:17am

I'm pretty sure DICE is using the same cutoff criteria as Girls und Panzer uses for what tanks are allowed: Any tank that existed in some form before the end of WWII (Sep 2nd, 1945, Japanese surrender). This allows for anything from full production tanks, to prototypes and single-examples, to tanks that only ever existed as blueprints. But as long as there were at least blueprints by the date of the Japanese surrender, it's fair game.

Ditto for weapon and vehicles in BF1.
The Tanks I would mainly like to see are the Mark A whippet, specifically Col. Johnson's Whippet that could go 30 mile per hour.

The FIAT 2000.

The Gun Carrier Mk-I (first SPG).

And of course what list of WW1 tanks would be complete without the Tsar Tank?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gecko99" (Feb 10th 2017, 1:47am)

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Friday, February 10th 2017, 3:24am

More types of gas and delivery methods.
Chlorine, Phosgene as well as mustard.

In mortars, on planes like a crop duster, and just big barrels you can release up wind.

Yes... I was being sarcastic.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 10th 2017, 3:33am

In mortars, on planes like a crop duster, and just big barrels you can release up wind.

How about a gas raid weather effect so the entire map is covered in gas for a whole round :D

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 10th 2017, 3:34am

How about a gas raid weather effect so the entire map is covered in gas for a whole round :D

that... actually isn't a bad idea for one of those weekly extra modes, with everyone being forced to hipfire.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Friday, February 10th 2017, 10:50am

that... actually isn't a bad idea for one of those weekly extra modes, with everyone being forced to hipfire.

I read the that no mans lands were so cratered that there were holes filled with mud then soil sprinkled over the top, they swallowed and drowned soldiers that ran into it. Maybe a few of them too along with the rolling gas attack.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 10th 2017, 11:23am

I read the that no mans lands were so cratered that there were holes filled with mud then soil sprinkled over the top, they swallowed and drowned soldiers that ran into it. Maybe a few of them too along with the rolling gas attack.

what's that, venus? jesus, that really is a good depiction of why soldiers would call war hell.
ii'm not sure how the battlefield community would feel about death pits though.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, February 10th 2017, 1:14pm

For the French I believe we will get:

• For Assault the Ribeyrolles SMG or Double Barrel Shotgun, the latter already existing in the files but the former being the much more interesting option
  • For Medic the RSC 1917 or Meunier A6
  • For Support the Chauchat(already confirmed)
  • For Scout the Lebel Rifle or Berthier, probably Lebel
For the Russians we will probably get:
  • For Assault the Sjorgren Inertia(already exists in the files)
  • For Medic the Federov Avtomat
  • For Support there is no native Russian LMG so we will probably get the Kjellman Machine gun(another Scandinavian weapon) or perhaps the MG08/18
  • For Scout the only logical option is the Garbage Rod(also known as the Mosin Nagant)
Obviously we don't know what the other two DLCs will be but I feel that they will probably make a "colonial" DLC that features jungle warfare and naval battles around Japan and Africa which will probably feature:
  • For Assault the earlier mentioned Double Barrel Shotgun acting as an elephant gun
  • For Medic General Liu's rifle
  • For Support the Darne Machine Gun
  • For Scout the Arisaka Rifle
I feel very confident the last DLC will be this sort of "secrets of WW1" thing that will feature a bunch of weapons that would have "ended the war" in the spring offensive such as:

• For Assault the Thompson Annihilator or Maxim SMG
  • For Medic the Farquar Hill Rifle
  • For Support the Burton Light Machine Rifle
  • For Scout I honestly don't know, maybe a rolling block?
Though the last 2 DLC are very speculative as far as concept, I am very confident we will get most if not ALL of these guns at some point in the future.

This is probably accurate, though the Russian DLC will now probably get the M1867 Krnka.

This falling block rifle was deployed widely in central asia russian territory, and was ultimately turned into cheap single-shot shotguns for hunters.

In its standard form, it would be a single shot shotgun. It has a slug variant too, which fires the original 15.7mm round and acts as an elephant gun

I'd also like to add that I fully expect a weapon-crate DLC, which will probably be the actual bringer of the Double barrel. The main reason i think this is the glaring lack of a Carcanno rifle.

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(454)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 10th 2017, 6:59pm

@colers
I agree my list is probably somewhat accurate but now there is something I didn't consider which is the fact that the 5th weapon of a pack is a primary not a secondary,
so each pack might two of one class's primary.
So to update my list:

For the Russians we will probably get:
  • For Assault the Sjorgren Inertia the M1867 Krnka or Winchester Model 1887
  • For Medic the Federov Avtomat
  • For Support there is no native Russian LMG so either the Parabellum MG14, MG08/18 or Potato Digge if they wanted to reappropriate the trigger placement and add a stock
  • For Scout the Mosin Nagant and a more unique rifle like the M1867 Krnka with a variant being a single round shotgun for Scout(not likely) or the Berdan
Obviously we don't know what the other two DLCs will be but I feel that they will probably make a "colonial" DLC that features jungle warfare and naval battles around Japan and Africa which will probably feature:
  • For Assault the Double Barrel Shotgun acting as an elephant gun
  • For Medic General Liu's rifle and the Madsen Rasmussen
  • For Support the Darne Machine Gun the Kjellman Machine Gun
  • For Scout the Arisaka Rifle

• For Assault the Thompson Annihilator
  • For Medic the Farquar Hill Rifle
  • For Support the Burton Light Machine Rifle and Darne Machine gun
  • For Scout I still don't know, maybe a Ross closing the DLCs with the ultimate long range rifle? I feel like there must be something more interesting
Or the Sjogren was the only extra primary we get but I think that's unlikely as I feel like DICE wants to keep the amount of weapons balanced between each class and there is not many new thing they could do with pistols.
Also a weapons crate DLC would probably contain some rather bland weapons like the Carcano, Hagen Rifle and Maxim SMG that would probably be interesting visually but rather dull gameplay wise.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Gecko99" (Feb 10th 2017, 7:17pm)