Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 8:05pm

On the topic of Bayonets, I'm beginning to realize that I have been using it as a crutch in some instances. It does serve a couple very situational purposes like eliminating a pesky Elite, corner charging a single opponent, or countering another Bayonet charger if the DPS of your Primary or Secondary isn't adequate, but can often be abused and serves as compensation for bad aim.

Killing with bullets will always be quicker and more efficient, but when said bullets don't hit their mark because the aim is lacking, then charging successfully can be used to excuse poor play. I am guilty of having done this on occasion and it will do nothing to improve poor aim overall because it removes the penalty associated with poor aim: the death screen (which will inevitably lead to the spawn screen without a revive, of course).

Personally, I hate seeing the spawn screen on a consistent basis and very rarely is it due to actually being outplayed by an opponent. It is most often attributed to my own mistakes whether it be bad positioning or bad aim. Inversely, arguably the best way to learn is by making mistakes, analyzing said mistakes, and improving tactics to avoid that mistake again. So as long as I continue to panic Bayonet myself out of a bad situation I created, I am only hindering my own potential. I really really like having a hard counter to Elites though. That's my one hangup with it.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 8:26pm

What actually happens when 2 people bayonet charge at the same time?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Skanic" (Feb 4th 2017, 8:45pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 9:59pm

Absolutely no bayonets on Rem 8s. Being able to shoot quickly out of sprint is extremely important, more than almost any other weapon, and the bayonet itself really doesn't fit into the playstyle needed to do well with the rifle. You need to be quick, manoeuvrable, and unpredictable; the bayonet hampers your ability to do this just by existing, and actually charging is also counter to this philosophy.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(680)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 10:03pm

What actually happens when 2 people bayonet charge at the same time?
Most of the time they both just run past each other, stop and turn around so they can shoot.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(910)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 11:07pm

Top 10 on Xbox for Marksman:

http://imgur.com/BeXopB

@potetr
@BleedingUranium

I don't see your names there. Absolutely pathetic. smh

Edit: screw images.
Edit 2: screw links as well. You can look it up yourself.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Zer0Cod3x" (Feb 5th 2017, 10:15am)

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 11:27pm

On the topic of Bayonets, I'm beginning to realize that I have been using it as a crutch in some instances. It does serve a couple very situational purposes like eliminating a pesky Elite, corner charging a single opponent, or countering another Bayonet charger if the DPS of your Primary or Secondary isn't adequate, but can often be abused and serves as compensation for bad aim.

Killing with bullets will always be quicker and more efficient, but when said bullets don't hit their mark because the aim is lacking, then charging successfully can be used to excuse poor play. I am guilty of having done this on occasion and it will do nothing to improve poor aim overall because it removes the penalty associated with poor aim: the death screen (which will inevitably lead to the spawn screen without a revive, of course).

Personally, I hate seeing the spawn screen on a consistent basis and very rarely is it due to actually being outplayed by an opponent. It is most often attributed to my own mistakes whether it be bad positioning or bad aim. Inversely, arguably the best way to learn is by making mistakes, analyzing said mistakes, and improving tactics to avoid that mistake again. So as long as I continue to panic Bayonet myself out of a bad situation I created, I am only hindering my own potential. I really really like having a hard counter to Elites though. That's my one hangup with it.

I mainly bayonet charge when I have a cape on and there is a fire in front of me. Just for the chance of someone seeing me screaming on fire, with a bayonet. When I first got the game I was trying to bayonet everything from horses to the tires on a artillery truck, after the novelty was gone I rarely use it.

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 11:29pm

Just wondering, when using the 8 what's your most common situation when you die? I found it was after taking down one opponent at around 15-20m ducking away and hand loading 3-4 cartridges.

The only buff I'd like for the model 8 is the ability to eject all shells and reload a whole clip every time like the M95 carbine.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 12:06am

Just wondering, when using the 8 what's your most common situation when you die? I found it was after taking down one opponent at around 15-20m ducking away and hand loading 3-4 cartridges.

The only buff I'd like for the model 8 is the ability to eject all shells and reload a whole clip every time like the M95 carbine.

The gun doesn't have such a function. You should learn to fire off the last one or two shots if you're about to reload and in a tense situation, it's much more efficient; you really should never be loading four rounds individually unless you're completely out of combat.

I don't play for K/D ratio, I don't play conservatively enough for that. If our team isn't pushing an objective I'll be running in at the front. If one of our rear flags is being taken I'll spawn there to at least delay them long enough for more teammates to notice and help. I don't usually expect to survive in the long run, just be useful; a death is just sitting the game out for a quarter of a minute, hardly a big deal.

As for whether the Rem 8's drawbacks ever get me killed, of course they do sometimes, every player screws up, and I don't even consider myself a competitive/try-hard player. But I never feel like the gun lets me down or "gets me killed", it's really always my own screw up. That contrasts heavily to when I try using the M1916 or M1907 Sweeper or similar, and I basically rage quit on using the gun after just a few lives because I just can't stand how they get me killed so much.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 1:09am

Kitswitched an enemy to revive a friend. Enemy had auto 8 factory. Friend had ammo. Killed 3 planes.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 1:35am

Kitswitched an enemy to revive a friend. Enemy had auto 8 factory. Friend had ammo. Killed 3 planes.

That's something else it's good for. Even if you don't kill planes, the very high burst damage means you'll do very good damage, relative to other SLRs.