Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 3:18pm

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

All this Model 8 .35 love inspired me to finally create an account and post something. The more I use this gun the more I love it. Unfortunately, it makes other medic rifles hard to go back to. The 300 rpm guns feel okay, but anything slower than that just feels unusable.

I made a highlight video from a few of my matches using the Model 8, I would love for you guys to check it out. I only very very recently started recording gameplay, so it is pretty rough around the edges in some ways. Thanks!

Autoloading 8 .35 HIGHLIGHTS - Turns out it's pretty good - YouTube

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 1:07am

I am going to have a yuge Remington Model 8 .35 Marksman video up in a few hours. I went 58 2.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 1:17am

All this Model 8 .35 love inspired me to finally create an account and post something. The more I use this gun the more I love it. Unfortunately, it makes other medic rifles hard to go back to. The 300 rpm guns feel okay, but anything slower than that just feels unusable.

I made a highlight video from a few of my matches using the Model 8, I would love for you guys to check it out. I only very very recently started recording gameplay, so it is pretty rough around the edges in some ways. Thanks!

You know, I don't usually bother with gameplay videos and the like, but damn. That's fantastic. This right here is how you use the Rem 8 and why it's so good, especially showcasing how fluid and unpredictable your movement needs to be, with smart use of your sidearm and grenades.

While you do have to have at least good aim to use the gun effectively, it's nothing nearly so unforgiving as slow pump shotguns (including Slug) an aggressive bolt action, or even a slow firing automatic or SLR. You can miss with the Rem 8. You can miss your first shot and still come out on top because of just how fast it kills. It's oddly comparable to the Automatico like that, in that all your efforts aren't riding on a single shot. On the flip side, miss with the M1916, which already kills very slowly, and you're screwed against any half-competent player.

It's not players with poor gunplay (aim, recoil, etc) skills that can't use the Rem 8, it's players that don't know how to use tactics and such. No, you shouldn't peek back out of cover the same place you just entered it. It's predictable players that can't use the gun.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 3:33am

I am going to have a yuge Remington Model 8 .35 Marksman video up in a few hours. I went 58 2.
Awesome! I'm looking forward to it. I'm super torn between the marksman and factory right now, and welcome any and all feedback that goes towards picking one as a primary weapon.

You know, I don't usually bother with gameplay videos and the like, but damn. That's fantastic. This right here is how you use the Rem 8 and why it's so good, especially showcasing how fluid and unpredictable your movement needs to be, with smart use of your sidearm and grenades.

While you do have to have at least good aim to use the gun effectively, it's nothing nearly so unforgiving as slow pump shotguns (including Slug) an aggressive bolt action, or even a slow firing automatic or SLR. You can miss with the Rem 8. You can miss your first shot and still come out on top because of just how fast it kills. It's oddly comparable to the Automatico like that, in that all your efforts aren't riding on a single shot. On the flip side, miss with the M1916, which already kills very slowly, and you're screwed against any half-competent player.

It's not players with poor gunplay (aim, recoil, etc) skills that can't use the Rem 8, it's players that don't know how to use tactics and such. No, you shouldn't peek back out of cover the same place you just entered it. It's predictable players that can't use the gun.
Yeah, now that you mention it, that is kind of true. I often feel that the "60%" accuracy barrier is actually too easy maybe. It allows me to essentially mag-dump towards someone's hitbox and get a near guaranteed kill, even if my accuracy is a little subpar. You can see me doing that quite often in my linked video.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 4:01am

Yeah, now that you mention it, that is kind of true. I often feel that the "60%" accuracy barrier is actually too easy maybe. It allows me to essentially mag-dump towards someone's hitbox and get a near guaranteed kill, even if my accuracy is a little subpar. You can see me doing that quite often in my linked video.

I don't think it's too easy, because I don't think the best guns should be those that are defined by being gunplay/technically demanding. The Rem 8 requires the user to be tactically intelligent, and that's the kind of player we want to encourage and reward, not who can aimbot the best.

The fact that the "what-are-positioning-and-tactics?" guns like the Hellriegel, M1916, and M1907 Sweeper are lauded by the community as being the "best" shows that BF1 nailed its focus on what makes a good player: More smarts, less muscle memory.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 4:21am

memory

I don't think it's too easy, because I don't think the best guns should be those that are defined by being gunplay/technically demanding. The Rem 8 requires the user to be tactically intelligent, and that's the kind of player we want to encourage and reward, not who can aimbot the best.

The fact that the "what-are-positioning-and-tactics?" guns like the Hellriegel, M1916, and M1907 Sweeper are lauded by the community as being the "best" shows that BF1 nailed its focus on what makes a good player: More smarts, less muscle memory.

Hmm. I see what you mean, but as someone who has played competitive fighting games for years, I think muscle memory has it's place too. Watching someone perform feats of incredulity due to their amazing muscle memory is one of the best ways to get hyped!

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 4:51am

I'm super torn between the marksman and factory right now, and welcome any and all feedback that goes towards picking one as a primary weapon.

I say Marksman. It fires two consecutive shots just slightly less accurate than the Factory firing one (0.265 vs. 0.21). Plus with a very minimal Spread Increase per Shot of 0.125...Fo-get about it!
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Feb 4th 2017, 5:29am) with the following reason: Grammar. Again.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 8:37am

Hmm. I see what you mean, but as someone who has played competitive fighting games for years, I think muscle memory has it's place too. Watching someone perform feats of incredulity due to their amazing muscle memory is one of the best ways to get hyped!

I'm not saying it's irrelevant or shouldn't be valued at all, that would be silly; I'm just saying I feel the current skill palette needed to use a gun like the Rem 8 is exactly what it should be.
Who has fun, wins.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BleedingUranium" (Feb 4th 2017, 8:53am)

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 9:38am

I used to obsess over my acc. Stats for the HK416 and AEK. Now it's the model 8.
It's terrible, with every clip I'm calling it it in my head, 80%, 40%, shit..20%.

I also resist the urge to shoot at horses jus to boost match acc.