Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 3:56pm

Reddit remains generally less, appreciative of the Rem 8.
Well of course Dum-dum, us Reddit pros know that the only good medic weapon is the Selbstlader M1916, in fact if you think another gun is better
you are probably a casual noob who can't even aim.

drunkkz3 says the same about the M1916 he uses the M1916 Factory as well. , I know what you wrote might have been sarcasm.

MarbleDuck: Model 8 says hi. BF1 first BF game to have weapons specifically designed to reward good players.

DRUNKKZ3I: find the Selbstlader 1916 to have a higher skill ceilling personally

MarbleDuck: s 1916 is for bads. You give up all your RoF for some extra bullets. Good for pubbies, bad for playing against good

‏DRUNKKZ3: I don't agree, but it's hard to tell what's the best at the moment, there aren't any competitive settings
So deciding what's the "meta" rifle without having two actual good teams playing against each other is hard

Marbleduck: The Model 8 is basically an "I win" button for 1v1s (unless someone is using 1906 & is outside 55m)

DRUNKKZ3: Yes i agree there. I think the 1916 however has greater 2HK potential and can be really efficient once mastered

MarbleDuck: Model 8 always 2hks to the head and 3hks head-body-body. At 360rpm vs Selbshitter's 200ish

‏DRUNKKZ3: Yes in terms of raw stats the .35 model 8 sounds better but in practice it may not be as ideal as you can think

DRUNKKZ3: Having 5 bullets in the mag isn't forgiving either as S8F said. it is a monster ... until it reloads! :D

DRUNKKZ3: And you will certainly need more than 5 bullets in a 1v2 situation

MarbleDuck I would argue that the slow SLRs can't 1v2 either because they shoot so slow.

DRUNKKZ3: Yeah they shouldn't either especially if they're in a close range situation

DRUNKKZ3: But the further the engagement distance goes, the better their chances are that they can

In my opinion the Model 8 is a really nice Gun to play with, but I also like to play with something else every now and then.

It's why I got over 2k kills with Cei-Rigotti Trench.

I still believe that the Cei-Rigotti Trench is the second best SLR in the game in terms of 1 v X

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 5:11pm

A highly skilled player can enable themselves to win 1 vs. 2 or 3, etc. engagements with the Model 8 through good positioning and target prioritization. Take one guy out, take cover, reload, and continue the cycle until the opposition is dead. The idea is comprehensive, but leaves the user to execute the process as efficiently as possible. The ammo capacity only allots the user to kill a max 2 healthy players with 4 headshots, but realistically implies that only one healthy target can be engaged at one time.

This fact is why the gun is not considered overpowered, because in other situations outside of the proposed 55m other weapons are actually relevant to the game and not obsolete (unlike BF3's M16A3; that gun pretty much rendered every other available gun pointless in a competitive sense). This means that another 5 bullet stripper clip would make it - bar none - the best Self Loading Rifle, possibly gun, in the game.

Its ammo capacity is a deterrent for casual and pub players who have little to no comprehension of the weapon's damage potential, but is in and of itself why it is not the equivalent of the M16A3 of BF1; a weapon whose stats suggest an overpowered platform, but limited just enough through how much damage one can dish out before reloading. It's rather brilliant.

I applaud DICE's weapon balancing in general, really. The presets dictate what players should be using for certain engagements eliminating nonsensical weapon combinations of free-choice customization which makes the overall playing field that much more competitive. Want the best Close Quarters damage potential of your loadout? Allow me to introduce you to Trench variations. How about ease of use? Look no further than the Storm preset. And what if I prefer the most optimal range potential? Choose Optical, Factory, Telescopic, or Marksman depending on weapon platform. This style of balancing makes me happy.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 8:30pm

Played only the model 8 factory today, took care with the shooting and it's now become my most accurate SLR with overall acc. climbing rather quickly against a history of bad. What I found was it is a great gun to kill but an even better gun NOT to die! With only 4 rounds in the mag I found you automatically tend not to over commit and in a stationary firing position for a short amount of time. All that time reloading in cover also helps situation awareness. Really quite surprised at the improvement in score after the 2nd outing with it.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 2:45am

Reddit remains generally less, appreciative of the Rem 8.
I think justownly had a good point in the second post.

So far, I've seen people use this gun for pub stomping.

The model 8 is the best gun in 1v1 if you can hold a 60% hit rate. Could duck hold that against someone jumping around like a Frenchman with his head cut off?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 2:52am

I think justownly had a good point in the second post.

So far, I've seen people use this gun for pub stomping.

The model 8 is the best gun in 1v1 if you can hold a 60% hit rate. Could duck hold that against someone jumping around like a Frenchman with his head cut off?

That's a good question, though I'd consider fixing people's ability to jump around like Frenchmen to be the real issue here.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 4:10am

If your target is jumping around, then he's not shooting at you. Since he's not shooting at you, then it's not imperative for you to shoot at him. Of course, you want the kill, so you will shoot at him... but since it's not life-and-death, you can afford to wait until you are fairly confident that you will get your 60% hitrate. Such as, when he is moving directly away / towards you, or when he has stopped for a split second (probably due to "tripping" over a small pebble on the ground... forever a Frostbite "feature").

if he is aiming at you, and you aiming at him, then I'm fairly sure there will be no "jumping around," since he wants his best Spread also. So, at most, you have to deal with insta-prone (aka "dolphin-dive?" is that still a thing?)... more often, it's the circle-strafe. In these cases, as long as you are on-point with your aim, with the .35's current stats (0.6 H-Recoil, 0.125 SIPS for the Marksman), you can get your 100 damage per 5RB out to 50m with the Marksman, all but guaranteed (45m, thereabouts, for the Factory).

At least, that's what 5 million runs of Hitrater tells me....

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 5:54am

What I really enjoy with the Marksman version. Is that I can get quick 4 shots at range, If you do it quick enough all 4 bullets hit the target.

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(910)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 11:25am

DRUNKKZ3: I don't agree, but it's hard to tell what's the best at the moment, there aren't any competitive settings
So deciding what's the "meta" rifle without having two actual good teams playing against each other is hard

DRUNKKZ3: And you will certainly need more than 5 bullets in a 1v2 situation

Actually, I would say that the Model 8 will become the meta comp SLR.

Sure, whether you might win a 1v2 with the Model 8 is debatable, especially in comp.

However, if you use a Cei-Rigotti (or other SLR) for those 1v2s, you will also most certainly lose if the enemy is using a Model 8. The 1v2 becomes irrelevant because you won't even win the first 1v1, let alone the second. In pubs you might get away with a 1v2, but certainly not in comp.

Using Model 8 essentially forces other players to use the Model 8. This is why I believe it will become the meta comp SLR.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(680)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 11:50pm

Played only the model 8 factory today, took care with the shooting and it's now become my most accurate SLR with overall acc. climbing rather quickly against a history of bad. What I found was it is a great gun to kill but an even better gun NOT to die! With only 4 rounds in the mag I found you automatically tend not to over commit and in a stationary firing position for a short amount of time. All that time reloading in cover also helps situation awareness. Really quite surprised at the improvement in score after the 2nd outing with it.
Exactly, using it makes you consider it's limitations before engaging. Using the Auto 8 .35 encourages you to become a better player.

I find my accuracy with the Autoloading 8 factory gets a downgrade because I find myself just shooting off the last 1 or 2 rounds to avoid having to single load 3 or 4 rounds. Funnily enough I'm still more accurate with it than the .25
Funny, I do the same with the 1906 and the .35's -- And I consistently feel terrible about it. I also find that I have a hard time liking the ironsight on the factory, it seems a bit obtrusive? It's nowhere near as bad as the SL1907, mind.
I tend to shoot of 2-3 rounds as well, ends up getting you able to shoot again faster. Personally I prefer the Buckhorn sights on the factory.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LucidNonsenze" (Feb 2nd 2017, 12:10am)

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, February 2nd 2017, 4:05am

If your target is jumping around, then he's not shooting at you.
A little too glib there I think, I was making a reference to a marble duck video talking about BF4's meta.

I was thinking of how much harder competitive players can make themselves to hit than 'pubbies' often are.