Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 3:44am

Marksman shoots better at range and factory has faster ads thats about it.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 4:39am

If the five-round mag doesn't agree with you, I'd give the Cei-Rigotti a serious try; it's my second-favourite Medic rifle.

The Cei's Visual Recoil with iron sights can be pretty jarring though, it bounces side-to-side something fierce.

You gotta give the moon dragon some love too. Its a selbstlader 1916 that you can take seriously
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 4:49am

hat is the exact difference between the two variants?

The factory has faster recoil settle time and faster spread recovery time. This means that the factory is a more forgiving variant that recovers quickly from firing. The marksman on top of having a magnified optic has less spread increase per shot and has better base accuracy. But still recovers slower than factory

Marksman shoots better at range and factory has faster ads thats about it.

I dont know where you get that idea
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, June 11th 2017, 5:10am

Duh, its easier to hit target that are further away with a Scope.

1. Model 8 Factory/marksman
2. Mondragon Storm
3. Rigotti Trench
4. Mondragon Sniper

M1916 is a good gun too, I have a 3.4 KPM with it.
Mondragon Storm I have 2.8 KPM.

Overal ranking of Sidearms for me is.
1. Auto Revolver for reliable second primary.
2. M1914 Taschenpistole for spam kills.
3. M1911 for style.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 12:35am

Does 30% accuracy on console suck with the M8 & 1906 (all variants)? I seem stuck on that number after 500Ks with the M8 and 300 with the 1906 (both factory.). But I just don't seem to see much progress.

Is there a benchmark for accuracy? Like, over this #, you're gud, this range, you probably shouldn't use it, this range, play something other than FPS:-)

According to BF1 tracker, 30% is way above average with those weapons. But I suspect those #s are significantly skewed by people who try briefly and quit.

I seem to get plenty of hits but can't quite get the kill. I think my biggest problem is being too tentative and not getting the theee hits quick enough, allowing the enemy to move before the kill shot.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 1:48am

% Accuracy is kinda a "misleading" stat, though, because....

I'm fairly sure that shooting at planes, although you are doing vehicle damage, counts as a "miss." Only directly damaging hits into PLAYERS count toward your % Accuracy stat. Even explosive gadget splash damage counts as a "miss," so my Mortar % Accuracy is 0%, AT Rocket Gun only direct impacts count, and so on.

That, plus the "general BS" that Battlefield's chaos is known for... example, you shoot at a player model, who according to the game is already "dead," so your bullets all count as "misses" and basically just disappears, and thus drag your % Accuracy down.

That is how I have 33.7% Accuracy with the M8 Marksman (~3500 kills) and ~35% with the 1906 (~900 kills), despite the commentariat insisting that you NEED 60%+ to get any kills. Well, I can assure you that I do indeed have that 60%+ Accuracy when I get my kills... perhaps even higher when I "leech" (get 1/1 hit into a guy and get a kill, 100% Accuracy in that case)... it's the "general BS" noted above that drag me down.

So, if you REALLY want to "game" your % Accuracy stat, then #1 stop shooting at planes, #2 shoot at horses (? untested, but I think so?), #3 go for body shots, #4 only fire if your target is "valid" (as in, not flopping around and already "dead"). You will see your % Accuracy go up, while your KpM go down... which is what happened to me with the RSC.

-----

Anyways, here are what I consider to be maximum 5RB "mag-dump" ranges for these 5rnd SLRs, ADS - Not Moving. Up to these ranges, as long as your magazine is full, just aim center-mass and then pull the trigger as quickly as you can, and you can expect to do 100dmg. These are basically 5RB Hitrates * Damage.

Auto-8 Factory: 44m
1906 Sniper (off-hand, no bipod): 53m
Auto-8 Marksman: 69m
1906 "Optical": 69m

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 6:37am

On the rare occasion I play something other than Frontlines & DOM, I never shoot at planes unless playing support. Even then, I figure strafing at planes with an LMG is a great way to get the attention of every scout on the map.

I guess I game accuracy based on that definition. Still trying to get the hang of aiming the SLRs & hitting. My old thumbs just aren't coordinated enough to do it like the YouTube highlight vids. Maybe I'll get the hang of it after 2k kills:-)

Date of registration
: Feb 2nd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 12:02pm

Well I personally would recommend becoming more versed with the gun and get out of your comfortable zone. When you can rush 2 enemies and dump 3 rounds quickly killing the first and then 2 into the second and finish with a swap shot of your pistol- your overall shots are going to already be more consistently hitting and quicker kills per minute.

Get the rate of fire down- which is quick but not totally the fastest you can mash the trigger. Learn how to control recoil- with these guns that shoot 1 round at a time there is no bursting so focus on firing is fast and yet at the same time overcoming the recoil by pulling your aim down. With practice your mag dumps should be all hitting the same point with no visual pop of recoil.

Again just have to remember why you are using a certain gun- the auto 8 while lacking in quantity of kills before reloading has a very fast time to kill. You should exploit that other wise if you are taking as long as a lesser time to kill gun then there is no benefit anymore to the auto 8. I believe the auto 8 has something like 359 rpm but ideally fire at a rate of 300 bpm

Date of registration
: Sep 6th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 2:23pm

I started to use the Model 8 .35 Marksman around 5 weeks ago. And it's a pleasure. Finally a weapon in the series where I can invest time and let my own skill be the cap. Movement, positioning, iQ and accuracy all have to be in harmony and at it's best to perform. Pared with hand gun skills it's so rewarding I can't stop using it. I heard from people that it cant be effective on console so I decided to prove them wrong. Thanks alot to MarbleDuck for introducing me to this beauty.