Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, February 17th 2017, 5:12am

Someone remind me to update OP tomorrow with Skanic's footage and the nice clips the other guy posted.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, February 17th 2017, 3:39pm

Can somebody explain to me why the Model 8 .35 is considered an OP weapon balanced by reloads, which is good at close to 100m ranges (which is effective at a laaarge controllable situations), while there is no other comparable weapon available for the other classes. The weapons of the other classes are tailored to certain ranges and Medic gets an OP weapon... AGAIN ?

Is Semi-Auto such a huge disadvantage that its considered a good tradeoff ?

Edit/Ad: Let me rephrase my question:

Why is there only 1 Medic Weapon which enables the player through skill involvement to play at various ranges effectively, while the other classes dont ?

The paradigm of weapons being viable only at certain ranges is evidently evaded by the Model 8 .35
still playin' Motorstorm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ARE5R06" (Feb 17th 2017, 4:04pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, February 17th 2017, 5:10pm

why the Model 8 .35 is considered an OP weapon balanced by reloads, which is good at close to 100m ranges
Is Semi-Auto such a huge disadvantage that its considered a good tradeoff ?
Why is there only 1 Medic Weapon which enables the player through skill involvement to play at various ranges effectively, while the other classes dont ?

You forgot to mention why it has to reload so much. It only has five rounds. Period. Realistically, that is only enough to kill one player per reload, because of a minimum of 3 bullets (at appropriate 3 bullet ranges) is necessary to kill a healthy opponent. The act of reloading effectively removes said player from the action, a juncture where they have zero effectiveness (unless pistols enter the equation, but that's an entirely separate variable; we're talking about the Autoloading 8 .35 here). Reloading after practically every kill makes the Autoloading 8 .35 user extremely vulnerable. Because of this, the player is physically bound to cover where a good flank with a Shotgun or SMG can take him out. Heck, in sweet spot ranges snipers can even get in on the action.

100m? I wish. The 1906 outdamages the Autoloading 8 . 35 at roughly 47m (usually rounding to 50m), so with comparable skill levels at 47m+ the 1906 user WILL beat the Autoloading 8 .35 user. And even some distance past that, the Mondragon (Sniper?) reigns supreme. It isn't the be all, end all weapon for all situations, just most that matter.

Semi-automatic fire is a massive penalty because any form of recoil or sway requires more cognitive ability to stay on target as opposed to fully-automatic. Fully-automatic is also extremely forgiving because if you miss a shot or two, there are others right behind them to do the job. Missing shots with an extremely low ammo capacity Semi-automatic is detrimental. With the Autoloading 8 .35, one can only afford to miss two shots and they better come after the first because missing that first shot generally sets the tone for that engagement.

Finally, why shouldn't there be a weapon available that heightens the skill ceiling? For a weapon as demanding as the Autoloading 8 .35, it better have an appropriate reward or benefit. And it does. Being one of, if not, the best 1v1 weapons in the game. And it's not like Autoloading 8 pros are a dime a dozen, either. But when you happen upon one, take the proper precautions to avoid engagement ranges he'll excel at and exploit his weaknesses (of which there are a few) to gain the upper hand.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, February 17th 2017, 5:11pm

Well, the Luger 1906 is actually better than the marksman at long range. However the .35 Marksman is easier to use because of the Scope.

I would argue that the Cei-Rigotti is also a viable SLR for various ranges.

Also the Model 8 .35 doesn't do 3 BTK at long range.

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, February 17th 2017, 6:20pm

Well, the Luger 1906 is actually better than the marksman at long range. However the .35 Marksman is easier to use because of the Scope.

I would argue that the Cei-Rigotti is also a viable SLR for various ranges.

Also the Model 8 .35 doesn't do 3 BTK at long range.

The model-8, 1906, and 8-marksman certainly didn't feel like an OP weapon in the beginning. It felt like a test of my ability to curse through the internet.

But as time went on it (in my hands) became a better and better weapon and now it's the trio has become my clutch weapons per say. Places I would never have dreamt of using (amiens, argonne I find myself gravitating back to it when the badness seeps in :D

I think one of the advantages of these 5 shot rifles is psychological as well as numerical. Two aspects that come to mind is knowing 60% (80 at range for the 8s) conditions the firer to be more judicious in careful aim. Results in a lot of deaths in the beginning but in time as the brain catches up speed rises to catch up with accuracy.

Secondly it reduces one's length of exposure. Fire 4 and get a kill, you know you're not getting another hence you take cover reload and get high on your own supply of while your at it. In contrast you see a group of BGs and you're toting a 1916, there is that tendency to want to squeeze off that couple more shots for a double or a triple kill. That extra time is time for an unseen enemy to get a better aim and kill you.

It's interesting, from the start with the 5 shot rifles I've focused on accuracy over speed or even surviving the fight. Over the last month I've saved gameplay videos for review of mistakes made. Last night I ran a video from each week through an editor to count frames of successful firing sequence (landing 60% or more) and averaging the ROF from each week.

Week one, there was no point for me to use them at all. It was >180rpm or kill air.
Week two, it had gone up to ~240 rpm

Then I decided to turn off the dirty aim assist rotation.

Week 3, a lot less successful serials but ROF maintained.

Week 4, Loving it. Even accounting for both Selb 1906 and the 8s and use at all ranges average RPM in small maps (TDM) is stilling in at 309 RPM.

All in all I think it's more than an OP weapon. It's an weapon that improves the firer with time in use.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2017, 6:27pm

I think you both missed what was actually being asked: The Rem 8 is intentionally designed to be an OP, do-everything weapon, with its small mag as the only downside. The question is, why don't the other classes have their own version of the Rem 8, in a thematic sense? A basically OP gun balanced by capacity/reload.

That doesn't just mean "skill cannons"; the Huot is an extreme laser beam at long range if you use it right, but it's not a Rem 8 equivalent at all. The Revolvers seem to fall into this category, having extremely fast kill times and good RoFs, are effective at all ranges relevant to their weapon class and role, but have long reloads. The Remington 1900 double barrel shotgun will be this as well once we actually get it too.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Friday, February 17th 2017, 6:52pm

The question is, why don't the other classes have their own version of the Rem 8, in a thematic sense? A basically OP gun balanced by capacity/reload.

Because of the limitations semi-automatic firing imposes. Capacity and reload aren't the only downsides.

Semi-automatic fire is a massive penalty because any form of recoil or sway requires more cognitive ability to stay on target as opposed to fully-automatic. Fully-automatic is also extremely forgiving because if you miss a shot or two, there are others right behind them to do the job. Missing shots with an extremely low ammo capacity Semi-automatic is detrimental. With the Autoloading 8 .35, one can only afford to miss two shots and they better come after the first because missing that first shot generally sets the tone for that engagement.

That said, it's overpowered within a certain range like the Automatico and BAR, even the Martini-Henry. 20 round BAR? Always reloading after an engagement. 25 round Automatico? Always reloading after an engagement. 1 round Martini-Henry? Always reloading after an engagement. So, the other classes do have an overpowered weapon balanced through capacity and, thereby, frequent reloads (not necessarily long ones). And neither overpowered weapon is the best at all ranges. The Model 8 is limited to medium range, the BAR is limited to close-medium range (theoretically), the Automatico is limited to close range, and the Martini-Henry is limited to its sweet spot and sweeter spot (112 damage range) in most cases.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, February 17th 2017, 6:57pm

I think you both missed what was actually being asked: The Rem 8 is intentionally designed to be an OP, do-everything weapon, with its small mag as the only downside. The question is, why don't the other classes have their own version of the Rem 8, in a thematic sense? A basically OP gun balanced by capacity/reload.

That doesn't just mean "skill cannons"; the Huot is an extreme laser beam at long range if you use it right, but it's not a Rem 8 equivalent at all. The Revolvers seem to fall into this category, having extremely fast kill times and good RoFs, are effective at all ranges relevant to their weapon class and role, but have long reloads. The Remington 1900 double barrel shotgun will be this as well once we actually get it too.

I disagree when it comes to the Revolvers. They are strictly CQC weapons and total shit outside of CQC. I really don't think there are any Model 8 .35 analogs aside from the Model 10 Slug.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2017, 7:18pm

I disagree when it comes to the Revolvers. They are strictly CQC weapons and total shit outside of CQC. I really don't think there are any Model 8 .35 analogs aside from the Model 10 Slug.

Depending on how you look at range, that does make sense. The Slug definitely makes sense as it includes the good-at-many-ranges trait, though the eventual M1900 would have two buckshot rounds at 300rpm, then reload, which mirrors the 8's high burst damage, low capacity style.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, February 17th 2017, 7:51pm

The question is, why don't the other classes have their own version of the Rem 8, in a thematic sense? A basically OP gun balanced by capacity/reload.

Because of the limitations semi-automatic firing imposes. Capacity and reload aren't the only downsides.

That said, it's overpowered within a certain range like the Automatico and BAR, even the Martini-Henry. 20 round BAR? Always reloading after an engagement. 25 round Automatico? Always reloading after an engagement. 1 round Martini-Henry? Always reloading after an engagement. So, the other classes do have an overpowered weapon balanced through capacity and, thereby, frequent reloads (not necessarily long ones). And neither overpowered weapon is the best at all ranges. The Model 8 is limited to medium range, the BAR is limited to close-medium range (theoretically), the Automatico is limited to close range, and the Martini-Henry is limited to its sweet spot and sweeter spot (112 damage range) in most cases.
I think this a very silly way to think about "overpowered". The automatico wins close range thanks to 900rpm and great hipfire. It isn't overpowered, it's designed to dominate up close.

The bar dominates up close because it is designed to win up close.

buck guns do exceptionally well < 15 m. Because they are designed for that.

All of these capabilities come a huge cost outside of where they are supposed to be good so there is nothing overpowered about them.

By contrast the Model 8 (and now the slug with it's new damage model) are sort of the "best" guns over very wide ranges of engagements but come with some hefty penalties in usability and if you miss.

I do dramatically better with the 1907 than the Model 8 or slug up close because you can just spit bullets with that thing and it penalizes you far less against the merely average players that you might otherwise die against if you panic dump your model 8 mag, or miss with a slug.