Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 7:43pm

b is exactly why i'm trying to use it, i'm forcing an aapproach of "make your aim better or just straight up die", heck, now that i think about it, i might as well play with ONLY the model 8, no sidearms bayonet or melee, and try to deal with that, play like 5 hours a day with it until my aim gets better.

Well you are going to need a sidearm. Sometime you got to know when to hold them and when to fold. sometimes you just got blast people away with the auto revolver.

No bayonet though. thing is yucky.

Honestly what is the main problem you seem to be having?
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, February 6th 2017, 4:26am

Fair enough. I'm using a similar strategy, so I can identify with that mindset. I translated, "my aim sucks balls" to, "I can rarely get hits with this gun" which is what elicited my response. I should have figured a bit of exaggeration was present in retrospect. Good fortune to you, fellow Model 8 user.

I find initially working on low pressure targets helps. So not that dude charging you zigzagging with an automatico on hand, or the glint on top of a sand dune. Don't even be pressured to kill. See some dude just standing there and you have only one round left, shoot it at him, see that horse? shoot it. With time things get better. I'm only at ~40% acc with the 8 but it still my favourite to date.

The luger looks better unfortunately...

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, February 6th 2017, 4:29am

b is exactly why i'm trying to use it, i'm forcing an aapproach of "make your aim better or just straight up die", heck, now that i think about it, i might as well play with ONLY the model 8, no sidearms bayonet or melee, and try to deal with that, play like 5 hours a day with it until my aim gets better.

Well you are going to need a sidearm. Sometime you got to know when to hold them and when to fold. sometimes you just got blast people away with the auto revolver.

Sidearm is at the very least necessary for the inevitable surprise 2v1s that arise in BF1. In particular the super late squad spawns that seem to perfectly time their apparition right when you start the reload animation after killing their buddy.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 6th 2017, 4:54am

Sidearm is at the very least necessary for the inevitable surprise 2v1s that arise in BF1. In particular the super late squad spawns that seem to perfectly time their apparition right when you start the reload animation after killing their buddy.

obviousy, but not having anything to rely on other than my 5 shot rifle will make me require to get better aim or just die, unfortunately, i'm not a persone who learns stuff easily so that'll have to do.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 6th 2017, 11:03pm

All hail the Autoloading .35 :]. I am working on some Autloading .35 factory gameplay. I have abandoned the marksman of late as I have finally learnt how to use the iron sight properly. I absolutely adore the gun now and I always consider it in all maps, except parts of Argonne forest. (I play rush mostly but had tremendous sucesss in operations and CQ). I would not say it replaced my favourite gun though, the 1906. I use the 1906 for longer range maps as I do not belive I will ever be proficient at long range head shots with the iron sights on that thing, not to mention the 1906 is far more accurate beyond 50m, which is very significant on Sinai, Ballroom and Empire's edge on rush.

I have reached 1000 kills with it now and I am so glad I gave it another shot. Stat tracking usage below. You can see the huge spike in kills after I watched the Autoloading 8 best gun video, and also the period were my eyes finally adjusted t o to those sights.

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 6th 2017, 11:06pm

That's a beautiful selection of top weapons, I love all of them. :thumbsup:
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, February 6th 2017, 11:08pm

That's a beautiful selection of top weapons, I love all of them. :thumbsup:
Thanks, guess you could say I love them too :PP

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 2:59am

Just wondering, when using the 8 what's your most common situation when you die? I found it was after taking down one opponent at around 15-20m ducking away and hand loading 3-4 cartridges.

The only buff I'd like for the model 8 is the ability to eject all shells and reload a whole clip every time like the M95 carbine.

The gun doesn't have such a function. You should learn to fire off the last one or two shots if you're about to reload and in a tense situation, it's much more efficient; you really should never be loading four rounds individually unless you're completely out of combat.

I don't play for K/D ratio, I don't play conservatively enough for that. If our team isn't pushing an objective I'll be running in at the front. If one of our rear flags is being taken I'll spawn there to at least delay them long enough for more teammates to notice and help. I don't usually expect to survive in the long run, just be useful; a death is just sitting the game out for a quarter of a minute, hardly a big deal.

As for whether the Rem 8's drawbacks ever get me killed, of course they do sometimes, every player screws up, and I don't even consider myself a competitive/try-hard player. But I never feel like the gun lets me down or "gets me killed", it's really always my own screw up. That contrasts heavily to when I try using the M1916 or M1907 Sweeper or similar, and I basically rage quit on using the gun after just a few lives because I just can't stand how they get me killed so much.

I have the opposite effect, currently I'm grinding for the Huot, was raging all day because I was so used to winning 1 v 1 after several days with the 8.

Problem is I find myself ALWAYs firing 4 shots, even if I hit the first 3. I keep trying to wean myself of double tapping but to no avail so far. It's just so easy to double tap twice for peace of mind and firing a shot into nothing feels rather weird to me.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 6:36am

Wow. the model 8 marksman has really grown on me. I always was using the 35 factory and thought it was trash but after realizing that the marksman not only has a base accuracy increase but the spread increase itself is cut in half. It is an amazing weapon but I still feel that the model 35 factory alongside other factory weapons are underperforming. sure the spread reduces faster and the recoil settles faster but for SLRs, a faster spread decrease isnt all that effective. Why? Because you only have a 34 millisecond advantage in spread decrease.
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 9:40pm

This week from Thursday until end of Wednesday you can get the Legendary Remington model 8 skin. So open those boxes, get a shiny skin for your skill cannon.