Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 2:26am

There is a bug in Rush on Giant's Shadow - sometimes attacking team has a tank at fist two telegraphs and in next round attackers don't.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 10:57am

This is likely the tank spawn bug. I guess the tank will instead be applied to the defenders.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 2:35pm

This is likely the tank spawn bug. I guess the tank will instead be applied to the defenders.
Well, attackers and defenders receive 1 tank slot at 2nd line of telegraphs. The major difference is to attack first two telegraphs with or without tank.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 24th 2017, 3:35pm

Well, attackers and defenders receive 1 tank slot at 2nd line of telegraphs. The major difference is to attack first two telegraphs with or without tank.

Yeah absolutely, but I think that your attackign tank slot will, under some circumstances be awarded to the defenders, because of the spawn bug, we discussed it here recently. It is a shame that it is in the game still, so you are right, it can make the game rather impossible to win as attacker.

Edit. In this very thread, sorry, I thought it was new, so I might have misunderstood your post totally. :D

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, January 27th 2017, 7:17am

I agree with you, I also faced the same problem and I appreciate the help provided by the members. It's good to be part of this community.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, January 27th 2017, 1:47pm

Just finished a round where my team picked up all 4 of the possible tank slots availlable to both sides. 3 of them were kept alive the entire round. You can imagine how well that went for the opposing team.

Such a shitty bug. No idea how that got passed QA or why they haven't just hotfixed it.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, January 27th 2017, 3:17pm

I thoroughly blame both DICE and consoles, because they can't rush the hotfix through the Xbox Live/PSN without the certification process, but that's really no fucking excuse to fix it right now for PC players

Had a Sinai and a Giant's Shadow game back to back, where both our tankers (including me) got killed, so the enemy team had 4 tanks for half the game. 4 fucking tanks. It took a combination of a squad of very angry Assault friends, a behemoth, and some bad decisions on part of the enemy tank drivers to reclaim our armor tokens back. The damage was already done at that point though, the tanks had already cornered us to our first two flags and it was impossible for our own tanks to push out without getting instantly sniped by a bunch of Assaults, a Tank Hunter, and a Heavy Breakthrough A7V/vanilla Artillery Truck

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,287)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 27th 2017, 4:57pm

Just finished a round where my team picked up all 4 of the possible tank slots availlable to both sides. 3 of them were kept alive the entire round. You can imagine how well that went for the opposing team.

Such a shitty bug. No idea how that got passed QA or why they haven't just hotfixed it.

For the same reason the BF3 flechette bug was left in for weeks. :D

But you are right, at first I thought it was a serious bug, no doubt but I thought the prerequisites were somewhat hard to accomplish, but once you actively look for it you can see that in quite a lot of rounds one team has more than the two tanks at a certain point. You really learn to appreciate BF1 when you look at the scoreboard to see four tankers on your side going 17-0, 21-0, 36-0 and 47-1. :D At a certain point you can just not fight against four A7s, they bind so much manpower and are hard to take down.

This really is a gamebreaker, and I have no idea how this could slip through. Way worse than any other exploit or glitch we had before, since we can not do anything about it. It just happens and kills the round.

Honestly people complained about flag assets favouring the winning team or people "stealing" derelict tanks, but this is a whole new level of vehicle rape, and the player can neither do something about it nor be blamed.

• "pTowel" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 16th 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, January 27th 2017, 5:32pm

For those people who are not sure whether it's the bug or incompetent teammates that's giving the enemy all the tanks, there's a very easy way to find out - look at the scoreboard and see how many tanker classes are on the enemy's side. The tanker class can only be spawned alongside a tank spawn and picking up the kit does not change one's class icon.

On the other hand, if you see 4 tanker classes on your side and are thoroughly steamrolling the other team - well, now you also know why.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, January 27th 2017, 11:02pm

I thoroughly blame both DICE and consoles, because they can't rush the hotfix through the Xbox Live/PSN without the certification process, but that's really no fucking excuse to fix it right now for PC players

Had a Sinai and a Giant's Shadow game back to back, where both our tankers (including me) got killed, so the enemy team had 4 tanks for half the game. 4 fucking tanks. It took a combination of a squad of very angry Assault friends, a behemoth, and some bad decisions on part of the enemy tank drivers to reclaim our armor tokens back. The damage was already done at that point though, the tanks had already cornered us to our first two flags and it was impossible for our own tanks to push out without getting instantly sniped by a bunch of Assaults, a Tank Hunter, and a Heavy Breakthrough A7V/vanilla Artillery Truck
If the enemy team has two pieces of armor and the TH, and you're pushed all the way back to A or F you're basically doomed. They can blast at you from cover with layered assaults, snipers and tanks. You get fire from assaults up close in the buildings, fire form the snipers in t he little stacks of trees and you can get blasted from around the airship with the TH or TH landship or the arty truck.

Infantry has basically zero chance to move from B or E and the enemy will always be able to keep infantry pressure on that flag, at least with snipers.

Because of flag spacing even if you take the far enemy gimme you can't exploit from it, the gimme is only an option if you can't hold C-D

That is to say, if the pitched battle for C-D ever fully crumbles the losing side basically loses the match, it's a terribly unbalanced map in that regards.