Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(409)

• "Gecko99" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 6:17am

Weapon Modification

I was very disappointed when I found out the variant system was going to replace weapon customization and that bitter sentiment has only worsened over the 122 hours I have spent in battle as the lack of variety has became more apparent.
I don't think it is too late to add such a system but I still don't think we will see one added.
So I want to hear the Symthic community's thoughts on the subject.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,279)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 6:28am

Players should only have access to meaningful choices. The variety should matter.

Battlefield 4 did not have this. Battlefield 1 does.

Battlefield 4 gave the player a lot of different options for customization, but most of these weere useless or suboptimal.

Battlefield 1 guarantees each variant is useful and provides options to adjust the weapon's ease of use to the player's liking. What the weapon is designed to do remains unchanged.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 7:31am

The route DICE took with weapon and vehicle variations is brilliant. In BF3 and BF4 weapons could be significantly improved from their stock options with the various assortments of grip and barrel attachments. The freedom to choose the best statistical combinations verged on harming gun balance as a whole.

The same sentiment applied for vehicles. Some countermeasures, ammo types, upgrades, and armor protection combos allowed players to drastically alter vehicle roles (their direct intention in gameplay and how they were to operate) or elevated their effectiveness beyond what they should have been capable of.

@tankmayvin

I believe I remember you comment on BF3's LAV APFDS and "X" combination, if memory serves.

Through limiting choice with weapon and vehicle packages, those assets can be balanced more efficiently. Rather than having to worry about how every single attachment or every single upgrade correlates in the rock-paper-scissors format, DICE implemented a system that is inherently stabilized or is more simplified to enable better stabilization.

I like variety as much as the next guy, but I prefer optimal balance to extensive customization.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 8:51am

The route DICE took with weapon and vehicle variations is brilliant. In BF3 and BF4 weapons could be significantly improved from their stock options with the various assortments of grip and barrel attachments. The freedom to choose the best statistical combinations verged on harming gun balance as a whole.

The same sentiment applied for vehicles. Some countermeasures, ammo types, upgrades, and armor protection combos allowed players to drastically alter vehicle roles (their direct intention in gameplay and how they were to operate) or elevated their effectiveness beyond what they should have been capable of.

@tankmayvin

I believe I remember you comment on BF3's LAV APFDS and "X" combination, if memory serves.

Through limiting choice with weapon and vehicle packages, those assets can be balanced more efficiently. Rather than having to worry about how every single attachment or every single upgrade correlates in the rock-paper-scissors format, DICE implemented a system that is inherently stabilized or is more simplified to enable better stabilization.

I like variety as much as the next guy, but I prefer optimal balance to extensive customization.

Yeah.

Both BF3 and BF4 had broken vehicle meta because of certain weapon combos. In BF3 it was the IFV with regular autocannon + sabot/APFSDS shells and reactive armor. Never got patched out.

In BF4 it was AP shell + STAFF. Eventually got patched out by having a common reload for all main gun rounds.

Tons of choices are tough to balance and guarantee that all choices are meaningful. This doesn't matter so much in a sandboxy game or a single player RPG where you are basically just out having fun for the sake of tinkering, etc. For an FPS where you need to compete against other people lots of choice generally results in lots of false choices. BF4 vehicle unlocks and many, many of the gun choices were evidence of this.

That being said, BF4 did have a lot more weapon diversity, especially in the PDW department.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 9:47am

The vast majority of new setups you could create with full customization would be dramatically worse than what we have now, with a select few that would be too effective (Automatico burst mode). It would only hurt the game.

That said, some of the vehicle kits need to be looked into with regards to their sometimes questionable gadget selection.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 22nd 2016

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 1:16pm

I was initially annoyed by the lack of mods, but i think the variants have grown on me over time. Symthic has helped a lot with that, understanding each weapon's specifics.

Also if they were all infinitely modible you'd have all the people who get worked up about the automatic weapons etc whipped up at the lack of authenticity in that department too.

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 6:40pm

I was initially annoyed by the lack of mods, but i think the variants have grown on me over time. Symthic has helped a lot with that, understanding each weapon's specifics.

Also if they were all infinitely modible you'd have all the people who get worked up about the automatic weapons etc whipped up at the lack of authenticity in that department too.

I think it's fine the way it is. Variations should be in the way you and your squad mate vary your tactics and drills not changing the spread of your weapon. That said with BF4 those in the know pretty much had 1 set setup for each weapon anyway.

As an aside I missed the presence of silencers, I just assumed they were around back then...guess I was wrong!
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image…IERFWnJbZu9GbSg

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 6:58pm

As an aside I missed the presence of silencers, I just assumed they were around back then...guess I was wrong!
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image…IERFWnJbZu9GbSg

That exact Springfield setup appears in the campaign. :thumbup:
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 6:59pm

@tankmayvin

+1 to this. Currently weapons and especially vehicle are labeled as OP when they go on a killing spree.

However I keep telling my squad they are on a killing spree because we as a side allow them by seeing them as a problem for others to deal with.

E.g. The std attack plane, sure there weapons specialized for downing it but if a side is proactive in spotting it and everyone with rifle ammo (medic, support, scouts) pitched in and took a shot when able, it wouldn't have such a lazy time lining under. Those perfect strafe and bomb runs.

Likewise a hvy tank in open maps... rather than maintain being self medicating 3 shot snipers, call out to the squad switch classes and take it out. I'm sure those hvy tanks won't harass a 4 AT rocket guns squad as easily.

Imo vehicles are more vulnerable than it ever has been on BF, they mostly rely on the whole crew rather than just the helmsman. If something in the air or mud is proving to be a critical capability to them target it and take it out of action or at least limit its freedom of movement. I think too often players look at something they can't add to their scoreboard they just ignore or avoid it. I rather like all the weapon systems in BF1 as good team work is necessary to be effective with it or to defeat it.

Saying that I have noticed some artillery truck players are very adapt at engaging from a lOoooong way away. They've become the bush wookie snipers of the current era.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 10:55pm

Saying that I have noticed some artillery truck players are very adapt at engaging from a lOoooong way away. They've become the bush wookie snipers of the current era.

This is definitely a thing. I don't think it's always bad, the vehicle exists for that role, but at the same time I feel the Howitzer FT would be a more useful choice almost every time.
Who has fun, wins.