Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 4:58am

This is not even accounting for the visual stability that the iron sights (with lower zooms) offer you when firing and during suppression.

For sure. I run flat 1x on all iron sights, and I love it; it's an option I wish was in other shooters.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 5:12am

That explains my experience.... Probably because I run scout most, I tend to either avoid gas (good excuse to flank moar), or switch to pistol if I'm forced to mask up... So I'm not seeing the hipfire benefits of the factory. I mean, at those ranges, we're talking sub-15m, and that's revolver territory.

Date of registration
: Jul 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 7:47am

@Veritable

This is really great stuff, just one quick question as to how you are calculating the recovery phase. So, I see from the spreadsheet that its SIPS x total shots fired divided by SDEC (essentially, and this makes prefect sense); however, I don't see how your values (from the spreadsheet) for this recovery phase are then translated into the graphical form (horizontal bar graphs). Here's an example to make it concrete: from the spreadsheet the Luger 1906 has 0.1666 and so does the M1907 Sweeper (same value) Yet, these are represented by different (Luger's is at least twice as big) sized bars on the the graphs. I don't get it?

EDIT: Oh my bad; I didn't notice all the subsequent sheets on the spreadsheet with all the different stance and distances. I get it now.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "dwojtk" (Jan 14th 2017, 8:08am)

This post by "dwojtk" (Saturday, January 14th 2017, 7:48am) has been deleted by the author himself (Saturday, January 14th 2017, 8:08am) with the following reason: Made an edit to reflect my mistake in original post to this thread. Sorry.

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2016

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 4:33pm

Could you do same thing for Assault and Support? Really great job.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 4:13am

I still like the Autoloading 8 Marksman best, because of the scope i also have no problems in close quarters i either hipfire or quickly scope in and unload.

Have to try out the Factory variant more. Maybe in 2x zoom.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 2:40pm

Here is some footage of what a model 8 can do in the hands of a good player. Autoloading 8 .35 Marksman

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,340)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 3:30pm

@marbleduck

Look at the "PTFO" shooting + recovery chart. Auto-8 .35 Factory reaches the 200 damage target 1/3 second slower than Auto-8 .35 Marksman, but is 1 whole second quicker SDec.

In your comment to Skanic on your latest YouTube video, you mentioned that you're making the switch from Marksman to Factory. Makes sense from my charts.

I've laid out my own "issues" with the Marksman here, but as you said, "time investment" makes it hard for me to switch. Also, I might prefer the Luger 1906 if I'm doing the iron sights thing, for a bit better ease-of-use. Still, that Auto-8 .35 Factory is something, eh?

I, too, am moving to the Factory. I find that:

-The Marksman is simply unusable from the hip at 360RPM whereas the Factory is fine

-The Marksman takes longer to ADS, and 2.5x zoom is not optimal at the ranges we expect to be engaging with a 12-45m 'sweet spot' gun

-The Marksman has worse recoil decrease, making it bad for consecutive headshots. I find the Factory is more reliable in terms of resetting from weird hrec and the standard vrec.

Using the Factory with the 1.25x zoom does lose:

-The ability to kill stuff reliably outside of 60m

-The Marksman's ability to shoot at 360RPM for engagements under 35(?)m

-My leaderboard position, rip

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 7:08pm

I should try the factory variant.

But I still that the marksman variant is still the best fit for the weapon's niche of controlled, mid-range engagements.

And it's just much fun getting long range kills at such a high fire rate.

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 8:49pm

@commandough

Not much wrong with the .35 Marksman according to the stats. My own issues (and sounds like marbleduck shares some of them, though ultimately I can only speak for myself) mostly stem from the Marksman scope. It is slow to ADS and zooms just a bit too much to be useful in CQB. And then at range, its kinda crappy Velocity paired with its high RoF (which is actually kinda a detriment, because you go through a LOT of Recoil both V- and H- in a short period of time; this is why the M1916 Marksman can "feel" more stable despite higher V-Recoil and same H-Recoil values) means it is not something you want to run 4x with.

Current-state Optical? Now that the last patch made its ret choices SUPER visible? That'd be nice, but alas.

-My leaderboard position, rip

RIP(?). See the attachment. Now I'm only at 0.7 - 0.8 KpM (I never said that I'm any good at this), so Skanic will catch me up soon, and I'm sure you will as well if you get to play more with it. Though, my 1906 Accuracy? Still rising, despite Irons.
Veritable has attached the following file: