Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 1:26am

Scoring the BF1 Medic Rifles

*Updated 2017/03/15 with DLC1 data, including the RSC 1917 variants*

Methodology follows this post of mine: BF1 Medic Rifles - "The Race To...." - Featuring Shooting / Recovering / Reloading Times, but then I decided on a Damage Target of 200, added Useability components back in, and also Scored all the Times (fastest time gets top score, all others slot below)

The components are:

Firing Score: How quickly to target damage; lower the better - 150 / 600

Recovery Score: How quickly to recover from the necessary firing; lower the better - 150 / 600

Reload Score: How quickly to refill your gun after shooting the necessary bullets to reach the damage target; lower the better - 100 / 600

V-Recoil Score: How much V-Recoil you have to counter in order to shoot enough times to reach the damage target; lower the better - 100 / 600

Velocity Score: The listed Velocity value for the bullet that the gun fires according to the stats; higher the better - 100 / 600

You can also consider that I put 50% of the marks towards actual up-(actually dealing damage) and down-(recovering from shooting)times, and the remaining 50% towards Useability (how quickly you can top the gun back up; how much V-Recoil you have to suffer through; and how little you need to compensate for deflection shooting and gravity holdover).

Google Sheets: BF1 Medic Race To.... - Google Sheets

-----

First up, combining all stances I looked at:

Hipfire: 2.5m | 5m | 7.5m | 10m | 12.5m | 15m Moving, 2.5m | 5m | 7.5m | 10m | 12.5m | 15m Not Moving

ADS - Moving: 5m | 10m | 15m | 20m | 25m | 30m | 35m | 40m | 45m | 50m | 55m | 60m

ADS - Not Moving: 5m | 10m | 15m | 20m | 30m | 40m | 50m | 60m | 70m | 80m | 90m | 100m

Chart #1 combines all 5 components, for the most balanced view. Chart #2 is Shooting + Recovery only, so this is where you find the "fastest" killers. Chart #3 is Useability components only, where you will find the "easiest-to-use."

Combined: Auto-8 .35 Marksman

Firing + Recovery: Auto-8 .35 Marksman

Useability: M1916 Optical

Individual Awards:

Firing Score: Auto-8 .35 Marksman

Recovery Score: Auto-8 .35 Factory

Reload Score: M1916 Optical

V-Recoil Score: Mondragon Storm

Velocity Score: Tied - all 8mm Mauser weapons (1906, M1916, Mondragon)
Veritable has attached the following files:

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Mar 16th 2017, 1:42am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Hipfire stances only (aka GAS! GAS! GAS!)

Hipfire: 2.5m | 5m | 7.5m | 10m | 12.5m | 15m Moving, 2.5m | 5m | 7.5m | 10m | 12.5m | 15m Not Moving

Chart #1 combines all 5 components, for the most balanced view. Chart #2 is Shooting + Recovery only, so this is where you find the "fastest" killers. Chart #3 is Useability components only, where you will find the "easiest-to-use."

Combined: M1907 Trench

Firing + Recovery: M1907 Trench

Useability: M1907 Sweeper

Individual Awards:

Firing Score: M1907 Trench

Recovery Score: M1907 Trench

Reload Score: Tied - All M1907 variants

V-Recoil Score: M1907 Sweeper

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Mar 16th 2017, 1:45am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

ADS - Moving stances only

ADS - Moving: 5m | 10m | 15m | 20m | 25m | 30m | 35m | 40m | 45m | 50m | 55m| 60m

Combined: Cei-Rigotti Optical

Individual Awards:

Recovery Score: Cei-Rigotti Optical

V-Recoil Score: Cei-Rigotti Optical

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Mar 19th 2017, 3:41am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

ADS - Not Moving stances only

ADS - Not Moving: 5m | 10m | 15m | 20m | 30m | 40m | 50m | 60m | 70m | 80m | 90m | 100m

Combined: Luger 1906

Useability: M1916 Marksman

Individual Awards:

Recovery Score: Luger 1906

Reload Score: Tied - all M1916 variants

V-Recoil Score: Mondragon Storm

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Mar 16th 2017, 1:50am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

"Close Range" preset, for the folks to PTFO.

Hipfire: 2.5m | 5m | 7.5m Moving, 2.5m | 5m | 7.5m Not Moving

ADS - Moving: 5m | 10m | 15m | 20m | 25m | 30m

ADS - Not Moving: 5m | 10m | 15m | 20m | 30m | 40m

Combined: Auto-8 .35 Factory

Firing + Recovery: Auto-8 .35 Factory

Useability: M1907 Sweeper

Individual Awards:

Recovery Score: RSC 1917 Factory

Reload Score: Tied - all M1907 variants

V-Recoil Score: M1907 Sweeper

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Mar 16th 2017, 1:52am)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

"Long Range" preset, for the folks who prefer to play 2nd-line and provide support to Assaults with precision fire.

Hipfire: 10m | 12.5m | 15m Not Moving, 10m | 12.5m | 15m Moving

ADS - Moving: 35m | 40m | 45m | 50m | 55m| 60m

ADS - Not Moving: 50m | 60m | 70m | 80m | 90m | 100m

Combined: Luger 1906

Individual Awards:

Recovery Score: Luger 1906

V-Recoil Score: Cei-Rigotti Optical

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Veritable" (Mar 16th 2017, 1:55am)

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,370)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 1:30am

mfw Model 8 is top

Post is a logical tautology; 'Model 8' and 'best' are already synonymous.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "marbleduck" (Jan 14th 2017, 2:23am) with the following reason: Post is a logical tautology; Model 8 and "best" are synonymous.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 2:05am

@marbleduck

Look at the "PTFO" shooting + recovery chart. Auto-8 .35 Factory reaches the 200 damage target 1/3 second slower than Auto-8 .35 Marksman, but is 1 whole second quicker SDec.

In your comment to Skanic on your latest YouTube video, you mentioned that you're making the switch from Marksman to Factory. Makes sense from my charts.

I've laid out my own "issues" with the Marksman here, but as you said, "time investment" makes it hard for me to switch. Also, I might prefer the Luger 1906 if I'm doing the iron sights thing, for a bit better ease-of-use. Still, that Auto-8 .35 Factory is something, eh?

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 3:14am

FWIW I found that the auto .8 factory wasn't as good as I expected it to be. It took me a while to realise that it was because I tend to fire it close to full ROF, so the superior spread decrease never really kicks in (since it doesn't begin until the rifle is ready to shoot, if I'm already shooting,....) I found that the lower base spread on the marksman compensated for that, as well as allowing some counter-sniping that wasn't possible with the factory.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 4:41am

FWIW I found that the auto .8 factory wasn't as good as I expected it to be. It took me a while to realise that it was because I tend to fire it close to full ROF, so the superior spread decrease never really kicks in (since it doesn't begin until the rifle is ready to shoot, if I'm already shooting,....) I found that the lower base spread on the marksman compensated for that, as well as allowing some counter-sniping that wasn't possible with the factory.

During ADS, the Marksman offers better in-burst damage output (via its lower Base Spread to begin with and then lower SIPS during firing), while Recovers just as well as the Factory.

During Hipfire, then the Marksman has the exact same in-burst damage output but Recovers 2x longer than the Factory.

Though, when you are fighting in and around the Objectives, the ranges are so close that the extra ADS accuracy of the Marksman is not needed; the Factory is more than good enough. With the prevalence of GAS! GAS! GAS! you will also end up Hipfiring more often than not. Thus my "PTFO" charts reflect that: Auto-8 .35 Factory kills almost the fastest and with by far the least Downtime. The M1907 Factory is more balanced and thus I rank it higher, but if you understand how to play to its strengths then the Auto-8 .35 Factory is hard to beat.

This is not even accounting for the visual stability that the iron sights (with lower zooms) offer you when firing and during suppression. I used to prefer the Marksman scope, but now I'm not so sure, especially since the Optical reticle visibility got buffed A LOT in the last patch.

An Auto-8 .35 Optical would be something I'd like to currently use, especially since its below-average Velocity lends itself better to closer-ranged shooting. It's pointless to speculate though, so I still just work with the data on hand.