Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Ritobasu" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 5:43am

Sudden Influx of Cheaters Post-Xmas

I'm starting to see them in every other game now, the same guy with MG15 perfect tracking through walls and aimbotting. Even found a Chinese guy using damage mod on Light Flanker tank bring a train behemoth to 25% hp in 20 seconds.

The sad thing is that a lot of these cheaters aren't on fresh accounts, but mostly people in their 60-80s. And they've been cheating for weeks. Is FairFight just no longer catching these guys or what?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 6:44am

Level 60-80 people can have their accounts compromised and used by a cheater. Fairfight does not ban instantly, but it isn't that slow.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 7:33am

The big concern I have with cheaters is the momentary ones. The guys who get rekt a few times then come back with a tank which does 52 damage per shot to my heavy tank; the camping sniper I tbag for being a camper on the edge of the map who comes back with that MG15 hack we've all seen by now, then goes back to the edge of the map. They turn that shit on when things get tough, but usually run with them off. A statistically based anticheat is unlikely to catch those guys.

Also, I've been seeing the same cheater for weeks now. He clears the server every time with his instakills and always headshots and ESP/wallhax/whatever the fuck. Fairfight isn't touching a lot of them. It's just...not good enough, basically.

Won't be such a problem if we ever get kick/ban from rental servers but right now it's getting pretty bad.

Even worse is all the kids who call hackusations at anyone decent. They provide a smokescreen for the actual hackers since people are so inclined to disbelief at hackusations. I have to admit to several occasions whee I've said "dude he's probably just good, good KD ratio doesn't mean hax", and a few minutes later found myself being OHK across the map by a single MG15 headshot and had to eat my words.

The whole situation is pretty poor. People called it as soon as dice removed the anticheat they had in BF4. Now I see what they were talking about.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 7:41am

Really?

Because FairFight does a pretty good job of catching cheaters.

Keep in mind that just because they haven't been banned yet does not mean they have not been detected. It could simply be waiting to ban en masse.

Also, BF4 is worse than BF1 in terms of handling bans. What BF1 has now is infinitely better.
Data Browser

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 7:56am

Yeh really.

I mean fairfight is banning people so it's dong something...but it's certainly missing a ton of them.

I'm afraid that the experience of myself and literally every other player I've discussed this with except you, is that there are FAR more cheaters in BF1 than there were in BF4.
Honestly the vast majority in the AU region are Asian guys, so maybe it's the lack of a ping kicker that's making it apparent, I dunno... All I know is, if i go play right now, I can come back with a hacker's name for you within an hour or so, guaranteed.... In BF4, I hardly saw any at all.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 8:29am

The situation for BF4 is worse because people besides EA or DICE were capable of making your game pretty much unuseable.

If someone thought you were cheating, they could add you to any one of the streaming banlists and you can kiss your account good-bye.

It was not an official ban by EA or DICE and your account would work on the Official servers. However, you were now locked out of what amounted to 99% of BF4's population.

To make this even worse, bans by services like PBBans, GCC, etc. can carry across titles. So even if you were banned in BF3 but played cleanly in other games, they don't care.

Ordinarily, you could simply play on Official DICE servers but thanks to Origin Game Time, cheaters were able to freely and continually cheat by simply generating a new hardware ID and account to invalidate any sort of ban permanence.

Going in there is of course out of the question.

Badmins were the rule of BF4, not the exception. There is a reason why a large portion of the player-base complained about them.

A large enough portion that EA and DICE have decided to remove plug-in support. When children misbehave, they get their toys taken away.

Kick/Ban is being added as a server functionality in future releases of the rental program but it does not appear to have the same easy streaming functionality that plug-ins previously provided.

Thanks to the absence of Game Time for BF1, cheaters inside Official servers won't be a problem.

Players won't be barred from what amounts to 99% of available servers and be stuck with actual cheaters in the remaining 1%

However, I would not put it past server managers to create a custom streaming service to automate banlists and to repeat the situation all over again.

My brother had been banned from BF3 by such plug-ins.

The admin that banned him owned a server we had never played in before.

This ban carried over into BC2 and BF4.

He tried to appeal but continually got robot messages that said PBBans was flawless.

We were told badmins will lose their server out of notoriety and that "it's plenty of accountability."

The server my brother was banned from did indeed shut down.

Was the ban lifted? No.

In fact, about 2 years into the 5 year ban, it was arbitrarily extended by another 3 years. For nearly the entirety of BF4, the number of servers my brother could play on could be counted on one hand. We're grateful for ADK in recognizing the folly of plug-in bans.

I also recall our very own Darktan being banned constantly for being too good and J0hn-Stuart-Mill having to negotiate for his unbanning each time.

The truth is that there is little accountability.

An erroneous ban does not get lifted and badmins are not subject to any actual disciplinary measures.

I suspect that if I paid enough money to rent a server for 24 hours, I could find your GUID and then impose a 5 year ban on you for no reason at all. If you appealed, you'd just get the standard "PBBans is flawless" message.

How is any of this fair? An unofficial service should not have this much power in deciding whether players are cheaters in the first place.

Look at games like League of Legends or Overwatch and they don't allow such things whatsoever.

Communities right now complain about the lack of community-building and how BF1 is doomed to fail without it.

LoL and OW are no less popular despite the lack of these "community servers." I don't find their argument convincing whatsoever.

They also boast how they're much better at policing servers than EA or DICE and point to BF4 as an example.

One: cheaters were mainly concentrated in DICE servers thanks to Game Time.

Two: if Game Time put people in only Ranked servers instead of Official, the ban performed by a plug-in probably would not be any more permanent than an official ban thanks to Game Time allowing free creation of accounts.

Therefore, not only are plug-in regulated servers simply looking at an already filtered population, if they were the ones doing the primary filtering they would actually not fare any better.

The community has no business deciding whether a player is a cheater or not.

Such a thing should be handled only by EA and DICE as the official organizations behind the game.

It is their job to maintain the health of their game, not the player's.

If a server admin really wants to prove that plug-ins are not so bad, they can first start by lifting my brother's ban.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Jan 7th 2017, 8:35am)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 8:48am

Oh my, that sounds like utter hell. I don't think I play well enough consistently to give the impression that I'm possibly hacking or cheating in some manner; the occasional hate mail for the rare, obscenely good performance where my competition is poor or I just get lucky, but 'hackusations' aren't common.

In addition, I don't think consoles run into this particular issue very much. At any rate it is far less frequent than PC from my experience. This is becoming very clear why DICE is essentially rebuilding the Rental Server Program because it sounds like terrible owners abused the system in previous titles.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 8:52am

cheaters inside Official servers won't be a problem.

When? cause they are right now.

My brother....
Darktan ... J0hn-Stuart-Mill ....

Yeh, that fuckin sucks. Honestly, I get accused of hacking more often than I see an actual hacker. I can assure you I'll have been reported many times. Bs does happen. So....

The community has no business deciding whether a player is a cheater or not.

Abso-fucken-lutely.

It is their job to maintain the health of their game, not the player's.

Trouble is, they're failing right now.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,268)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 9:01am

Trouble is, they're failing right now.

Again, just because they are not banned yet does not mean that they have not been detected.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 9:02am

Being too lenient is better than being too strict.
Who Enjoys, Wins