Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JSLICE20" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 2:22am

Miscellaneous Rumors

It can't really be determined if the info is all that credible, but there are solid, educated guesses within the article.

The Morning - Night cycle for Gallipoli would be pretty cool though.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Apr 9th 2017, 3:40am)

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(380)

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 6:00am

Miscellaneous Rumors

It can't really be determined if the info is all that credible, but there are solid, educated guesses within the article.

The Morning - Night cycle for Gallipoli would be pretty cool though.
I have been sifting through concept art since before release and there is a lot of stuff I could definitely see getting added.
For instance, this image of a sea battle.

Spoiler Spoiler

Or this picture of a Saint Chammond(out waaay before TSNP was anounced).

Spoiler Spoiler

Or this desert town, though to be fair this probably just evolved into Fao Fortress.

Spoiler Spoiler

It should be noted that the pictures and commentary on Gallipoli is probably related to the single player, especially since it does indeed start in the morning and over the 3 missions transition into sunset.
Autoloading 8 .25 extended user.

Date of registration

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 6:35am

The first Spoiler has no image.

About the 3rd image: If that became Fao, then they dun goofed the way I see it. Simply through appearance that version would probably play out infinitely better than the garbage map we have now. Plus it actually resembles a castle fortress through having the town portion perimeter wall defense.

That said, something tells me that this is a separate idea from Fao Fortress. While the setting is rather similar (coastal, desert fortress), there are very key differences that Fao lacks entirely - the surrounding wall and small, interior town as I mentioned previously. The 4ish scattered houses on Fao makes for pretty lame gameplay in my estimation and I think the map would benefit from adding a full scale town with that same defensive wall to the mix. Additional infrastructure would certainly be welcome because this would supply much more infantry cover which the map desperately needs while making it look the part. The fact that it's just a random seaside castle with basically no housing or shops of any kind makes the map feel and look boring and the many long and far sightlines gives Scouts a field day.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Apr 9th 2017, 8:31am)

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(380)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 7:38am

The first Spoiler has no image.

About the 3rd image: If that became Fao, then they dun goofed the way I see it. Simply through appearance that version would probably play out infinitely better than the garbage map we have now. Plus it actually resembles a castle fortress through having the town portion perimeter wall defense.

That said, something tells me that this is a separate idea from Fao Fortress. While the setting is rather similar (coastal, desert fortress), there are very key differences that Fao lacks entirely - the surrounding wall and small, interior town as I mentioned previously. The 4ish scattered houses on Fao makes for pretty lame gameplay in my estimation and I think the map would benefit from adding a full scale town with that same defensive wall to the mix. Additional infrastructure would certainly be welcome because this would supply much more infantry cover which the map desperation needs while making it look the part. The fact that it's just a random seaside castle with basically no housing or shops of any kind makes the map feel and look boring and the many long and far sightlines gives Scouts a field day.
You could be right, though looking at other concept art I can't help but feel like the maps were downsized and decomplicated. Here is a large chunk of stuff Battlefield 1 Concept Art - No Watermarks - Album on Imgur but in particular Ballroom Blitz looked like some massive castle complex more akin to Castle Wolfenstein then an actual chateau, Argonne had vehicles (including some sort of transport truck we never saw) and Fao went from a fort focused map to a largely empty one with a fort that is basically a death sentence to the team that holds it.

To some extent I respect what they did with Amiens, Ballroom Blitz and Argonne Forest from a balance perspective, but at the same time the amount of invisible wall and non-areas has made them feel very gamey.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gecko99" (Apr 9th 2017, 7:52am)

Date of registration

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 9:01am

We also have to be wary of campaign art in that collection; in fact we don't know which images were created for multiplayer or campaign. Obviously, there are elements from these concepts that were included in multiplayer maps, but could have been painted with the campaign in mind.

Gosh, the original interior artwork for what probably became Ballroom Blitz looks amazing...man, if DICE wanted to they could have made the Conquest map just a massive chateau with the outdoor garden:

Spoiler Spoiler

A second or even third floor indoors with an MG nest at the top floor would have been awesome, but no.

Prepare your laughbox

Gecko99

thank mr skeltal

(380)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 10th 2017, 7:47pm

New map has just been released on CTE cte_initiatives/map01_trench - battlefield_live.